Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Jane Fonda reveals she hid mastectomy bandages at 2016 Golden Globes

fgg

Default Jane Fonda reveals she hid mastectomy bandages at 2016 Golden Globes

Jane Fonda has come forward with candid details about her health, including several bouts with cancer.

“I’ve had a lot of cancer,” she told British Vogue in the magazine’s April cover story published on Wednesday.

The “Grace and Frankie” star, 81, candidly recalled the 2016 Golden Globes where her gown choice was strategic in covering any evidence of recovery from a mastectomy.

“I get out of the car and I have the strange white dress with all the ruffles? That’s because I’d just had a mastectomy and I had to cover my bandages,” she said.

Not specifying her diagnosis today, she mused, “It’s an ongoing process … So there’s that.”

She also noted that being a “sun-worshipper” has resulted in frequent visits to her doctor to have growths removed.

“When I have a day off, I frequently go to my skin doctor and have things cut off me by a surgeon,” she said.

Fonda, who has capitalized on aging gracefully — on and off the screen — also mentioned that she also deals with osteoporosis — “It’s hereditary,” the former workout queen said — and has undergone hip and knee replacements.

“Your cartilage disappears and then it’s bone on bone, and then ‘ow,” she said. “But we live in a time where you can just get a new one.”

And she cheekily revealed why she was happy to have her first knee replacement.

“I was just starting a new relationship and I had to be able to kneel,” she said.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/03/jane-...golden-globes/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She's gradually becoming more open about her perfect life. I wonder if she will ever attribute the hip and knee replacements and her heart problems to all the running she used to recommend? Plus all the aerobics she was world famous for? She kept quiet when there was money to be made.
    Labelwhore and cheray like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Pretty sure Jane didn't corner the market on directing people to use running for exercise.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

No but this is her thread.

Fonda, who has capitalized on aging gracefully
    Not sure I can agree with this, regarding the shitloads of PS she's had. That didn't happen because she used these products:

DawnM74, rollo, holly and 1 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

some runners and exercise fanatics develop hip and knee problems, others don't. some sedentary people develop these issues precisely because they don't exercise. i don't think the solution is to discourage people from running or exercising and i don't understand the need to blame a celebrity for encouraging people to run and exercise. it's not like she's jenny mccarthy telling people not to vaccinate their kids.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've been running for 35 years now. I have the knees of a 9-year-old, and my hips are almost as good. Same with feet. So much of this stuff is genetic.

Mrs Mo and I have a mutual former coworker/friend who we see in the gym every once in a while. Really good looking guy and looks fit. But had both of his hips replaced at 40. While he can use a life cycle, he is not allowed to even run into his own house to get keys he forgot.

It's always better to err on the side of getting some exercise.

True! But also I see so many runners every day that just shouldn't be allowed to run at all. Their form is so bad, like leaning too far forward, or running kinda cross-legged or just look like a deer that just has been shot. It hurts just from looking and I sometimes want to scream at them to stop.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    True! But also I see so many runners every day that just shouldn't be allowed to run at all. Their form is so bad, like leaning too far forward, or running kinda cross-legged or just look like a deer that just has been shot. It hurts just from looking and I sometimes want to scream at them to stop.
    Yes, I totally agree. The thing about running is that is so cheap and so convenient compared to other exercises that burn calories at similar or lesser rates. I get why people would push themselves to do this despite this not being the sport for them.

I know a girl that kinda fucked up her knees because of not practicing yoga correctly. Pushing too hard, and not having the slightest idea what you're actually doing is rarely a good idea.
    -

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I've been running for 35 years now. I have the knees of a 9-year-old, and my hips are almost as good. Same with feet. So much of this stuff is genetic.
    Absolutely. Ma Kitty has arthritis in her hips and knees from spending a lot of time standing as a hair dresser. I used to run cross country as a teen and my hips give me pain and my knees are knackered (which is pretty much why I gave it up - I was spending more time recovering from injuries than I was running in the end). My brother is an avid cyclist and his hips and knees give him lots of trouble too. Genetics is definitely playing a part in my family.
    Brookie and BITTER like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    I know a girl that kinda fucked up her knees because of not practicing yoga correctly. Pushing too hard, and not having the slightest idea what you're actually doing is rarely a good idea.
    Another thing I want to say -- you need to be realistic about the age you are, and the weight you are. While I literally feel as if I'm still in my twenties, I am not going to go off and play soccer with the neighborhood league, or get involved in some of these obstacle course things. I made it to 53 without blowing out a knee or some other joint, and the reason is because I pulled back in terms of extreme activities, and extreme weight, as I got older. As Funky_Chicken kind of alludes to, form is everything. It prevents overuse injuries. It prevents over-exertion injuries.
    HWBL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Not sure I can agree with this, regarding the shitloads of PS she's had. That didn't happen because she used these products:

There was a massive thing in the uk about her advertising this stuff & now it has a note about ps so she stopped doing them.

I guess it never occurred to her that if she still had mastectomy “bandages” that maybe she’s not well enough to be working?
    but no, the red carpet calls...

She's still a L'Oreal ambassador because she's on the cover of Vogue with them. I agree, I'm not sure what for.
    HWBL likes this.

I'm sure those ad were photoshopped just like any other ad that exists. But you can't say the PS didn't contribute to her youthful look.
    fgg, HWBL and Novice like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information