Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Rosario Dawson confirms relationship with Cory Booker

fgg

Default Rosario Dawson confirms relationship with Cory Booker

Two months after Page Six exclusively revealed that Sen. Cory Booker is dating actress Rosario Dawson, she spoke publicly about their relationship for the first time, calling the presidential hopeful a “caring and loving” person.

When TMZ asked Dawson point-blank on Thursday, “Is there any truth to the relationship with you and Cory Booker?,” she answered, “Yes, very much so.”

“So far, so wonderful,” the political activist said of the relationship when TMZ caught up with her at the airport. “He’s a wonderful human being and it’s good to spend some time together when we can. We’re busy.”

As for whether the couple plans to get engaged anytime soon, Dawson said, “I have no idea.”

She added, “I am just grateful to be with someone that I respect and love and admire so much, who is so brilliant and kind and caring and loving.”

Page Six reported in January that the 39-year-old actress and the 49-year-old New Jersey politician had been seeing each other since at least December 2018. They have since been spotted together on several outings.

Booker has yet to confirm he is seeing the “Rent” star, but did admit in February that he’s “got a boo.”

“Before I declared for president, I’m dating someone that’s really special to me,” he said on the radio show “The Breakfast Club” in February.

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/14/rosar...h-cory-booker/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Isn’t he closeted?
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Well, going by her rehearsed declarations of love, I would think so. "So far, so wonderful!" Lol
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Isn’t he closeted?
    That’s what I thought.

I'm a terrible girlfriend, but I have never talked about any guy I've been with like this. It's not that I'm incapable of complimenting boyfriends, it's just like she's reading this statement off of a publicist's Mad Libs game.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

If he were gay, and actually came out, would he lose the support of a lot of the African American community? If so, then maybe it's strategic bearding.
    DawnM74 and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    If he were gay, and actually came out, would he lose the support of a lot of the African American community? If so, then maybe it's strategic bearding.
    I think that's the going theory. I don't like that anyone should feel like they have to be in the closet, but they could also hire a better scriptwriter.

The irony is that Mike Pence just met with the openly gay PM of uber-Catholic Ireland. Being with Rosario for the sake of political expediency is a waste of some really good Rosario.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I know that a lot of people stereotype black Americans as homophobic, but I honestly don’t see black people
    not voting for him just because he was gay any more than any other race would. We’re more likely to vote for a gay Cory Booker over former prosecutor Kamala Harris IMO. We are not as prejudiced against gay people as the media would like people to believe.
    lindsaywhit and Novice like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Wow, I didn't know he was closeted. What a shame in 2019.

ETA:

Booker has never been married, and in 2013 he was named one of Town & Country's "Top 40 Bachelors".[186] Although he has generally tried to keep his personal life private, Booker has in the past described himself as a "straight male" and has said that he is trying to date more in hopes of finding someone to settle down with.[190] In March 2019, actress Rosario Dawson confirmed to TMZ that she was in a relationship with Booker.[191]In a 1992 column in The Stanford Daily, Booker admitted that as a teenager he had "hated gays".[192][193] Booker has himself been the target of rumors about being gay and has generally refused to address these on principle, which he explained in 2013:

Because I want to challenge people on their homophobia. I love seeing on Twitter when someone says I'm gay, and I say, "So what does it matter if I am? So be it. I hope you are not voting for me because you are making the presumption that I'm straight."[194][195]
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Judas Priest - my head hurts from rolling my eyes so hard from reading this.
    Jadestone, A*O, Waterslide and 3 others like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

That was embarrassing to read.
    DawnM74 and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Haha, but do they go ass to mouth?

sputnik and MsDark like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I know that a lot of people stereotype black Americans as homophobic, but I honestly don’t see black people
    not voting for him just because he was gay any more than any other race would. We’re more likely to vote for a gay Cory Booker over former prosecutor Kamala Harris IMO. We are not as prejudiced against gay people as the media would like people to believe.
    Wait, really? I'm not versed in politics so I am wondering why?
    I do buy the black Americans as homophobic stereotype, because I've seen it. Not all, of course, as is the case with all stereotypes. But it bears out. I see the same in the hispanic community. Many aren't homophobic, but it's still a big, deeply ingrained issue that definitely affects votes.
    DawnM74 and A*O like this.

I think that while there may be some truth to the stereotype within the community, it doesn’t translate into political action/election results. Of all the minorities in the US, African Americans are the least likely to vote against their own interests for the sake of supporting socially conservative positions. They consistently vote democratic at rates higher than 90% and for black women during the last election it was something like 97%. And this even when they are religious and more socially conservative.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information