Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: 'Airwolf' Star Jan Michael Vincent dead at 74

Default 'Airwolf' Star Jan Michael Vincent dead at 74

Source: TMZ

'Airwolf' Star Jan-Michael Vincent Dead at 74

EXCLUSIVE
    Jan-Michael Vincent -- the '80s heartthrob best known for his role on TV's "Airwolf" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.
    Jan-Michael actually died back on February 10 after suffering cardiac arrest while a patient at a North Carolina hospital ... according to the death certificate. We're told no autopsy was performed and he was later cremated.
    Jan-Michael was most recently in the 2002 movie, "White Boy" ... but he had a long, successful career in TV and film.
    His CBS hit, "Airwolf," made him into a huge star. At the time, he was reportedly the highest-paid actor at $200k per episode. Jan-Michael played helicopter pilot Stringfellow Hawke on the show, but the series lasted only a couple seasons largely in part to the star's cocaine abuse. His acting career would ultimately suffer from it.
    Jan-Michael nearly died in 2012 from an infection that required his right leg to be amputated.

Jan-Michael also starred opposite Burt Reynolds in the 1978 film, "Hooper" -- and co-starred with Kim Basinger in the 1981 film, "Hard Country." He was a steady working actor in Hollywood for 3 decades, and appeared in tons of the old classics like, "Lassie," "Bonanza," and "Gunsmoke."
    Jan-Michael was 74. RIP.

OLDER THREAD ON HIM
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Who?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sad demise:

DawnM74 likes this.

***** celeb

Wow, I loved him in Bonanza. He was so pretty.
    BITTER likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What in G*d's name is going on with that couch pic???? Is that a prosthetic leg or some weird photoshopping???
    DawnM74 likes this.

I didn't really watch Airwolf, but I remember his name and face. 74 is kind of young to look like that so it seems like he hit a wall fast and hard.

From that older thread:

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Things really started to go wrong for JMV during Airwolf. I hear that he was taking a lot of cocaine. Not that anyone in the entertainment industry would hold that against him. However when he beat the living crap out of his 15 year old girlfriend, people became concerned. He got off with a warning, but he did it again. This time the girl needed about 25 stitches to close up her face. Airwolf was cancelled faster than you could say "Stacey Keach", and JMV hasn't worked very much since.
    Never heard about this. I don't even know where to start, actually...
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Looking at the photos I remember his face but I don’t know where from exactly bc I never watched any of those shows and I don’t think I ever knew his name.
    Also he looks just like Stephanie of Monaco in that photo hwbl posted.

Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    What in G*d's name is going on with that couch pic???? Is that a prosthetic leg or some weird photoshopping???

Vincent revealed that his right leg was amputated just below the knee in 2012 after he contracted a leg infection as a result of complications from peripheral artery disease. After that he walked with a prosthetic limb, though he was sometimes forced to use a wheelchair.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Looking at the photos I remember his face but I don’t know where from exactly bc I never watched any of those shows and I don’t think I ever knew his name.
    Also he looks just like Stephanie of Monaco in that photo hwbl posted.

He does look like Stephanie of Monaco!
    sputnik and Brookie like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

So he's actually been dead for almost 1 month now. That's what happens when your luck runs out: when you were once a somebody and end up a nobody. TMZ must have stumbled on it by accident.
    DawnM74 likes this.

***** celeb

Awww he was my first heartthrob when I was a kid. He lived in Malibu in his early years and I would see him at the beach from time to time. He always had that drunken rage reputation. He was drop dead handsome in person. Seemed real down to earth and kind when he wasn't drinking and drugging. His life was pretty tragic. He really paid for all the trouble he caused with one horrible accident or health issue after another for the rest of his sad life.
    Trixie, Mrs P and DawnM74 like this.

I'm surprised he lasted this long. I remember seeing some photos of him in the National Enquirer after his leg amputation and his appearance was nothing short of shocking. Totally destroyed his looks. He looked like an elderly hillbilly man.

But I also remember him when he was kind of a teen heartthrob. He started on a Saturday morning show back in the late '60s called The Banana Splits, in a segment called Danger Island. Quite dreamy. Then he starred in a couple movies in the '70s, Buster and Billie, and Baby Blue Marine. I never watched Airwolf but I guess he really went off the rails and never recovered.

From '70s surfer boy:

to Billy Clyde Tuggle:

Mrs P and Jexxifer like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

What a wasted life. I remember Danger Island and knew he was beautiful and I was in elementary school.

I'm old enough to remember that he was the Brad Pitt of his day. He was in major movies. All over TV. He completely effed it all up due to alcoholism. He is a real cautionary tale for people who don't get themselves cleaned up.

Below is one of the tv shows that gave him his start "Danger Island", which was part of "Banana Splits" (Vincent is in the blue shirt). "Danger Island" was literally the dumbest show ever shot and each episode was about 60 seconds long, and they always played them out of sequence. As a kid watching them, I was so frustrated that I felt the producers should be lined up in front of a firing squad and dispatched quickly.

Waterslide and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    What a wasted life. I remember Danger Island and knew he was beautiful and I was in elementary school.
    ^ same here! I think he went by Michael Vincent then and then changed it to Jan Michael.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information