Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Prodigy singer Keith Flint dies age 49

Unhappy Prodigy singer Keith Flint dies age 49

Prodigy singer Keith Flint dies aged 49

Vocalist with band found dead at his home in Essex on Monday, according to reports

Guardian staff
    Mon 4 Mar 2019 11.32 GMTLast modified on Mon 4 Mar 2019 11.49 GMT

Shares

Originally a dancer with the group, Flint performed the vocals on The Prodigy’s No 1 hit singles, Firestarter and Breathe. Photograph: Andy Sheppard/RedfernsKeith Flint, vocalist with the Prodigy, has died at the age of 49, it has been reported.
    The singer was found dead at his home in Essex on Monday.
    An Essex police spokesman confirmed that a 49-year-old man had died. “We were called to concerns for the welfare of a man at an address in Brook Hill, North End, just after 8.10am on Monday,” he said.
    “We attended and, sadly, a 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed. The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
    With his punk aesthetic of spiked hair and intense stare, Flint became one of the UK’s most iconic musical figures in the 1990s. He joined the Prodigy – originally formed by Liam Howlett in 1990 – as a dancer, later becoming a frontman alongside rapper Maxim. Aside from their 1992 debut, all of the group’s seven albums have reached No 1 in the UK, the most recent being No Tourists, released in November 2018.
    Flint performed the vocals on the Prodigy’s best known singles, Firestarter and Breathe, which both went to No 1 in 1996 – the former became their biggest US hit, and the group are often credited with helping to break dance music into the mainstream in the country.
    Tributes have been made from his peers, including Ed Simons of dance duo the Chemical Brothers, who called him a “great man”.
    He later went on to become a motorcycle racing team owner and manager.
    More details soon …
    -

That band deserved to be way bigger than it was. The Fat of the Nation is an incredible album
    Lofty Bike, deenz, Mrs P and 2 others like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Keith Flint dead: Prodigy legend dies in shock suicide aged 49

The Prodigy's Keith Flint has been found dead at his Essex mansion after taking his own life aged 49.

Confirming his shock death in an emotional statement on the band's Instragram page, current members Liam Howlett and Leeroy Thornhill revealed it was suicide.

"The news is true, I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend," they wrote.

"I’m shell shocked, f**kin angry, confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother Liam #theprodigy"

Keith's wife, DJ Mayumi Kai, is believed to have been in Japan at the time of his death.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...odigy-14084654

So sad. Love The Prodigy. Saw them perform just last summer in Spain. I hope he finds peace.
    Mrs P likes this.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Jeez that sucks. I hope he is at peace now

No words.
    Thoughts are with his wife, family and friends.

This is very sad,.

Before I open a thread, I see some of the title if it’s a long one. When I started reading it, I had a feeling he died by suicide. If it isn’t suicide, then it’s an overdose. This is common, and sad.

My favorite song by Prodigy is “Smack My Bitch Up”. I remember being shocked the first time I saw the ending of the music video. It was a good shock though.
    Brando and MsDark like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

What a shame, RIP. I guess he did it while his wife was in Japan to spare her finding him. Sad for her too.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Fucking hell. I LOVED this band. I celebrate their entire catalog!

And Keith was so amusing and entertaining to me. He was a maniac but had a great sense of humor and intelligence about him. I remember him describing being at a bar and some dude mocking him, thinking he was someone just trying to co-opt his image, "oh look, its the Firestarter!" And Keith whining in return, "but..but.. I really AM the Firestarter!"
    He reminded me of a real-life version of Vyvyan from The Young Ones.

Damnit. I wonder what his troubles were, but probably the age-old substance abuse to self-medicate depression or similar. I wish he could have or would have gotten help.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

49 is too young, but it's also an accomplishment and I just wish he could have found a way to stick around. I hope he's found peace.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I got to see Prodigy in the mid or late 90's. GREAT performance. Crowd wasn't keen on them because they came to see Tool, Korn and some other metal band. I was the only one dancing to them it seemed like. RIP.
    ManxMouse and Lofty Bike like this.

Jesus H. 49 years old?

2019 ain't fucking around is it?
    Mrs P and weathered1 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Before I open a thread, I see some of the title if it’s a long one. When I started reading it, I had a feeling he died by suicide. If it isn’t suicide, then it’s an overdose. This is common, and sad.

My favorite song by Prodigy is “Smack My Bitch Up”. I remember being shocked the first time I saw the ending of the music video. It was a good shock though.
    That song was for me the first time I had an emotional reaction to music.
    I was 13, on holidays in Australia and for the first time in my life I was watching MTV (might sound weird, but I used to live in New Caledonia and there were only 2 TV channels ) and this music video just was ... I dont even have the words. But before that, I had never heard a piece of music that had provoked something like this
    pinkbunnyslippers and Mrs P like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I've just read that he had split up with his wife and was depressed about that.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information