Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: "Cheaters" Host Clark Gable III, 30, Found Dead at Home

Default "Cheaters" Host Clark Gable III, 30, Found Dead at Home

Clark Gable III, TV host, sometime actor and grandson of the Hollywood legend who shares his name, died in Dallas today of as-yet-undisclosed causes. He was 30. Gable’s mother Tracy Yarro Scheff announced his death, posting on Instagram “with an extremely heavy heart we say goodbye to my beautiful son Clark. He passed this morning. I will always be next to you my beautiful son.”Gable, who recently resumed his hosting job on the syndicated TV show Cheatersafter a two-year break, was found unresponsive in bed this morning by his fiancee, according to his sister Kayley Gable, who wrote on Facebook, “My brother was found unresponsive this morning by his fiancé and didn’t wake up .. I LOVE YOU CLARKIE I’m so sorry we couldn’t save you my heart is broken and shattered RIP.”

ther messages were left on the official Cheaters Facebook page and show website. On the Facebook page, a message was posted by show creator Bobby Goldstein: “So sad. so so sad. we all loved you clark. rip young man. love, bg.”
    And on the Cheaters website, a photo of Gable was posted with the following message: “Clark was one of our own and a great member of the Cheaters family. He will be long remembered as a hard worker and a great family man. He joined us in 2012 and has been a pleasure to work with. We wish his wife and family well.”
    Cheaters, based in Dallas, is a syndicated hidden-camera reality show in which charges and suspicions of adultery are investigated.
    Clark James Gable was the son of Tracy Yarro and John Clark Gable, the only son of Hollywood’s Gone With The Wind superstar Clark Gable. The youngest Cable went by the name Clark Gable III.
    Clark Gable III made headlines in 2011 when he was arrested for aiming a laser pointer, which he’d been given as a Christmas gift, at a police helicopter. He served six days in jail, later apologizing and expressing gratitude to be “able to set an example.”
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

He was handsome! Sad. RIP.
    BITTER likes this.

He was. Cheaters is a guilty pleasure of mine. As fake as it is.
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

I remember the laser pointer incident. Not cool and idiots are still doing it.

I don't know anything else about him but MM (not that one) killed his grandfather!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Marilyn Monroe killed Clark, Sr.? How?

Oh, he died 10 days after The Misfits finished filming. Supposedly the take after take they had to do in the desert thanks to MM fluffing her lines gave him a heart attack but he may have been sick anyway. Have you seen the movie? It's set in the desert and moves at a snail's pace with horses getting beaten up.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055184/trivia

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

He was already living on borrowed time by that point, though. Apart from the usual Hollywood excesses he had really gone off the rails following the death of Carole Lombard. If you look at old candids of him from around the time shortly before his death you can clearly see the effects of heavy drinking, poor lifestyle and age in his face.
    DawnM74, rollo, Shinola and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Cant believe I'm older than Clarke Gable now.
    Brookie, ConstanceSpry and BITTER like this.
    Jack I swear.

Does this mean that Joey Greco is coming back to Cheaters? Asking for a friend.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    He was already living on borrowed time by that point, though. Apart from the usual Hollywood excesses he had really gone off the rails following the death of Carole Lombard. If you look at old candids of him from around the time shortly before his death you can clearly see the effects of heavy drinking, poor lifestyle and age in his face.
    Sure, he was probably on his last legs anyway. I think it was his fifth wife who blamed her. Also if you look at the link, they were all allegedly up to no good, both on and off the set. I still think it's a horrible film though.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Sure, he was probably on his last legs anyway. I think it was his fifth wife who blamed her. Also if you look at the link, they were all allegedly up to no good, both on and off the set. I still think it's a horrible film though.
    He'd been a heavy drinker for years. It got worse after Carole Lombard died. And everyone smoked too much and drank too much back then. Clark was no exception.

I too, find the film unwatchable.
    Kittylady, DawnM74 and rollo like this.

Elite Member

So do they know yet why the grandson died so young?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    So do they know yet why the grandson died so young?
    I'm not sure if there's been anything official yet but I read a quote from a family member that said he had a long history of drug abuse, so...
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

What a waste. Looking at the similar threads below...he had a girlfriend who died a few years ago as well?

It was unfortunate for him that he had the same name as his famous grandfather. That was a lot to live up to.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information