• 3 Post By Lofty Bike
  • 2 Post By Novice
  • 5 Post By Waterslide
  • 2 Post By BITTER
  • 7 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 3 Post By BITTER

Thread: Lee Radziwill, Former Princess and Sister of Jackie O, Has Died at 85

Default Lee Radziwill, Former Princess and Sister of Jackie O, Has Died at 85

I'm on my phone and can't copy and paste very well, but People and The WP are reporting the story.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I believe the two sisters hated each other and Jackie only left money to her nieces. Also the "Princess" title was a bit suspect but she kept it of course.
    sputnik, DawnM74 and BITTER like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

RIP.
    I never got her appeal. The picture of sophistication and style?
    I only saw a woman in desperate need to chill and eat something asap.
    Brookie, DawnM74 and BITTER like this.

Lee Radziwill, princess, fashion icon and Jackie Kennedy's sister, dies

By Steve Almasy and Tony Marco, CNN
    Updated 9:19 AM ET, Sun February 17, 2019
    Current Time 0:15

/

Duration Time 0:46

Now Playing Lee Radziwill reflects on...

Source: CNN

Lee Radziwill reflects on her career (2001) 00:46

(CNN)Lee Radziwill, younger sister of former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and a former princess, died peacefully Friday night in her New York home, her family said in a statement to CNN. She was 85.

"The family appreciates the outpouring of sympathy and support received, and would request that the privacy of Lee's family and friends be observed at this difficult time. Details of Lee's funeral and memorial events will be circulated as soon as they are available," said the statement.

Radziwill was born Caroline Lee Bouvier in 1933, four years after her sister.
    She was married three times, including to Prince Stanislas Radziwill of Poland with whom she had two children. They were married in 1959 and divorced in 1974.
    Radziwill, a well-known socialite, told The New York Times in 2013 she understood the additional fame of being Jackie Kennedy's sister.
    "Well, at times it was annoying, at times funny," she said. "Perhaps the most depressing part was that whatever I did, or tried to do, got disproportionate coverage purely because of Jackie being my sister. But you learn to deal with the scrutiny, even the lies, as long as it's not malicious."
    She was also a fashion icon. Designer Giorgio Armani told WWD she was extremely elegant.
    "When I met her in the early '80s, I had the impression that she represented a very contemporary irony about American aristocracy, which is almost impossible to define," he told the fashion trade journal. "It is one that combined ease and sophistication, spontaneity and respect for the rules."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/le...bit/index.html
    sputnik and Waterslide like this.

Thank you for posting the article, Novice. I haven't had too much chance to be on my laptop, lately.

I find it interesting, or rather I find her interesting, because this is one of the last of that breed of socialites...the one that must always be thin and eloquent and at least have some fashion sense or the veneer of being able to produce thought and wit. Now we have Kardashians, Jenners, Hiltons, Baldwins, and all the other celebspawn. It's all so cheap. It probably was cheap then, too, but it was still more interesting.
    Novice, HWBL, DawnM74 and 2 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    RIP.
    I never got her appeal. The picture of sophistication and style?
    I only saw a woman in desperate need to chill and eat something asap.
    Agreed. She and Jackie were greedy golddiggers. I'm sorry to say it. Supposedly Lee bought all the copies of her TV movie remake of Laura because it was so wretched. Spent a lot of her money doing it too. I think that she was pretty useless. Swan. HA. More like a vulture.
    rollo and Lofty Bike like this.
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Thank you for posting the article, Novice. I haven't had too much chance to be on my laptop, lately.

I find it interesting, or rather I find her interesting, because this is one of the last of that breed of socialites...the one that must always be thin and eloquent and at least have some fashion sense or the veneer of being able to produce thought and wit. Now we have Kardashians, Jenners, Hiltons, Baldwins, and all the other celebspawn. It's all so cheap. It probably was cheap then, too, but it was still more interesting.
    Their character aside, the sisters were well educated and sophisticated. I know very little about the sister but Jackie O was intelligent and knowledgeable on a wide variety of topics. She charmed heads of state around the world and it wasn't because she wore the right hat. This current batch of whatevers (the Kardashians et all) don't even compare. Not the same beast to me.
    HWBL, Waterslide, rollo and 4 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Jackie was treated very badly and she got her revenge mainly by being the last of the big spenders. I don't know much about Lee but Jackie claimed she helped her out even after they kept things in the family, so to speak.
    BITTER likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Their mom was hypercritical and snobbish, their dad was a womanizing drunk who frittered away the family money. It kind of explains why they turned out the way they did.
    Waterslide, rollo and Mrs P like this.
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

Yeah those two really never had a chance.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information