Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Susan Lucci escapes Grim Reaper by going to General Hospital

Default Susan Lucci escapes Grim Reaper by going to General Hospital

Damn, she's the last person I'd expect to have heart blockages. Always dieting and exercising.

02/06/2019, 12:41pm

Susan Lucci underwent emergency heart surgery for major artery blockage

Legendary soap opera actress Susan Lucci is revealing that she underwent emergency heart surgery back in October for a major blockage in her arteries that could have ended in a fatal heart attack.

Lucci told People magazine the shocking news in an interview Wednesday, saying: “I’m lucky to be alive.”

She said that after feeling pain that “felt like an elephant pressing down on my chest,” she underwent a CT scan at the hospital.

The tests revealed that the actress had 90 percent blockage in the heart’s main artery, which doctors call “the widow maker,” and 70 percent blockage in another branch.

“Ninety percent blockage — I was shocked,” Lucci said.

The 72-year-old actress had to undergo surgery, during which her doctor inserted two stents into her arteries to help increase blood flow back to her heart.

Her cardiologist Holly Andersen said: “Had she gone home, that 90 percent blockage could have become 100 percent and she could have suffered a significant heart attack or even sudden death.”

The soap opera icon has played matriarch Erica Kane on daytime drama “All My Children” for 41 years.

“I’m not a nurse or anyone who can help in any real way,” Lucci said. “This is the way I can help. I can tell my story. Everyone’s symptoms are different but I felt compelled to share mine. Even if it’s one person I help. That is someone’s life.”
    [QUOTE]https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/susan-lucci-emergency-heart-surgery-for-major-artery-blockage
    Brookie and garysgirl1999 like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Hot old broad! I still would!

^^Yes, she is 72!
    Mrs P likes this.

Elite Member

I was like how did I miss she's coming to General Hospital.
    Glad she's ok she's a freaking legend. One of the most memorable scenes to me will always be her and Kendall finding each other and then her having flashbacks to her rape while her daughter was being raped

How could this happen? I was just reading Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac just had this happen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    How could this happen? I was just reading Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac just had this happen too.
    Really, Lindsay Buckingham too? Scary when even very fit/health conscious people can't seem to avoid this sort of thing. I have heart disease in my family and it makes me wonder if it can really be avoided or if I am doomed.

With celebrities, we don't really know how they live their lives. She could be a closet smoker or an A personality. They nicked Lindsey's vocal cords during heart surgery and they are not sure they will recover.

With celebrities, we don't really know how they live their lives. She could be a closet smoker or an A personality. They nicked Lindsey's vocal cords during heart surgery and they are not sure they will recover.
    I read an interview with La Lucci and she claims she never smoked, exercises every day and only eats healthy foods (Mediterranean Diet) and thought she did not have to worry about her heart. But they asked a doc why she would come down with heart disease anyway and he said since her father had a heart attack in his 40's, she was predisposed regardless of lifestyle.

Thank you, Constance, for this information. Looks like she averted the heart disease for 30 years with a clean lifestyle. Crap, I'm in trouble.
    ConstanceSpry and Labelwhore like this.

Thank you, Constance, for this information. Looks like she averted the heart disease for 30 years with a clean lifestyle. Crap, I'm in trouble.
    I found some more info, apparently her dad had his heart attack because of calcium deposits and that's also what caused her blockages. I thought we just had to worry about cholesterol plaques, now calcium deposits as well?! Just great!

So many women take the huge calcium supplements hoping it will save them from Osteoporosis. Calcium collects in your organs and taking calcium when you don't need it can be very dangerous. It's all very scary. Poor Susan she must have been very scared. Did the article say she was taking calcium pills?
    mopar, sprynkles and Lalasnake like this.

Lindsey's family has a history with heart attacks, with his father and his brother died from it aged 54 and 44 respectively, there is some genetic component in this. And he is such an Type A personality, his well known anger issues and being a total control freak certainly do not help.
    I hope he makes a full recovery, the pic his wife posted on her Twitter is shocking and really sad.

https://twitter.com/KBChrush
    ConstanceSpry, mopar and Mrs P like this.

I love Susan Lucci. I loved her as Erica. I think she was the only one on AMC from beginning to end. I'm so happy to hear she's doing fine.

My mom had the widow maker. By the time she figured it out, it was too late.

Magnesium is better for your bones than calcium.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

So many women take the huge calcium supplements hoping it will save them from Osteoporosis. Calcium collects in your organs and taking calcium when you don't need it can be very dangerous. It's all very scary. Poor Susan she must have been very scared. Did the article say she was taking calcium pills?
    No, just that she didn't smoke, ate really healthy, exercised a lot and had low blood pressure. It did say she is trying to be less stressed, so you might be right about her being type A.

Louiswinthorpe, I am sorry about your mom. My dad had three heart attacks, third one killed him.
    Witchywoman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information