• 3 Post By fgg
  • 8 Post By tulip
  • 4 Post By maryk
  • 3 Post By dilligaf
  • 1 Post By rollo

Thread: Denise Richards Reveals Her 7-Year-Old Daughter Has Special Needs

fgg

Default Denise Richards Reveals Her 7-Year-Old Daughter Has Special Needs

She’s had a successful career in movies and on television, and is the newest member of the cast of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but for Denise Richards, being a mom will always be priority No. 1.

“I’m most proud of raising my kids, especially in a time that is very different from how I was raised,” says Richards, who is mom to daughters Sam, 14, Lola, 13, and Eloise, 7. “It’s extremely hard to keep children grounded. This is not an easy time to grow up.”

And when it comes to raising Eloise, whom Richards adopted as a single mom in 2011 (Sam and Lola are her daughters with ex-husband Charlie Sheen), the actress has a unique set of challenges.

A chromosomal disorder “has caused a lot of developmental delays for her,” explains Richards, who first noticed that Eloise wasn’t reaching typical milestones for babies.

“She wasn’t able to sit up on her own for a very long time, and she didn’t start walking until she was 2, and that was with physical therapy,” she says.

Eloise was diagnosed with a deletion in chromosome 8 two and a half years ago, but Richards is still navigating best courses of care for her daughter.

“She can only say a handful of words,” says Richards, who has been married to Aaron Phypers since September. “And there are times when she feels like her age in understanding, and then other times where it feels she’s emotionally 3 years old. It’s been challenging. I’m learning every day because they don’t really have a road map for her particular case.”

Still, Richards is optimistic. “Every child is different,” she says. “You take care of your children no matter what is going on with them. I don’t know if [Eloise] is ever going to talk like a typical child. But as a parent, you want what’s best for your children, and you just do it.”

https://people.com/parents/denise-ri...special-needs/
    Brookie, Mrs Fawlty and idunno like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

I have to say, I'm impressed with her outlook. Good for her and good for Eloise!
    czb, Kittylady, Lalasnake and 5 others like this.

Elite Member

Denise isn't someone I really look up to or am fond of, but she's raising the girls right. She has a good outlook and is doing all she can for her girls.
    Angeli, Mrs Fawlty, czb and 1 others like this.

I always suspected this was Charlies child.
    Sleuth, rollo and gas_chick like this.

^ oooh I love a conspiracy! She has taken in Charlie and Brooke’s kids in the past when they were both too shitfaced to be parents. Very plausible.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    I always suspected this was Charlies child.
    With all the drug abuse that entailed. Poor kid if this is true and good for Denise for stepping up even if she was paid to do it.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

The kid looks like a Sheen to me too.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information