Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Beloved Soap Vet Kristoff St. John Dead At 52

Default Beloved Soap Vet Kristoff St. John Dead At 52

Longtime soap star and former child star Kristoff St. John was found dead in his home on Sunday night, February 3.

According to TMZ, law enforcement officials told them that friends of the actor went to check on him Sunday at his San Fernando Valley home and found his body. When paramedics arrived, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
    While there is no official cause of death at the moment, TMZ claims alcohol was involved.
    In 2017, St. John was hospitalized after allegedly trying to take his own life with a gun, although details of that incident have been murky.
    The actor seemingly never recovered from the 2014 death of his young adult son, Julian, who committed suicide.
    St. Johnís ex-wife and Julianís mother, confirmed her ex-husbandís death early Monday morning in a tweet.
    Mia St. John, a boxer, and Kristoff have been vocal proponents of improved mental health care in this country.
    As we learn more about St. Johnís death, we will inform you. Soap Hub is devastated by this loss and sends our sincerest condolences to St. Johnís friends, family, and loved ones.

https://soaphub.com/general-soap-ope...crew_powered=1

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Saw this news on my FB feed a few minutes ago and was is shock; RIP...

This is so sad. I remember him more from being a child star on many sitcoms. My heart goes out to fit family. RIP Kristoff.

So awful. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This Mfker was on Y&R and the soaps in general for freakin EVER! This is so sad. I really liked him. RIP Sweet Kristoff.
    bootspaige likes this.

OMG, I remember him from Generations. RIP.

Oh no! so sorry to hear this...i know it is so difficult to recover from a child that chooses suicide. RIP

I was devastated to see this... He has struggled for a long time... I was so fearful this would happen. I am a long time watcher and feel so sorry for his family and his soap family. 28 years in the same job is nothing to shrug at.
    DawnM74 likes this.

fgg

'Y&R' Star Kristoff St. John Dead at 52, Treated for Depression Last Week

UPDATE:

11:00 AM PT -- A source close to Kristoff tells us the actor had checked himself into UCLA Medical Center in January for depression issues ... and had just been released within the last few days.

We're told his depression was linked, in part, to his son, Julian's suicide years ago.

8:50 AM PT -- Kristoff's fiancťe, model Kseniya Mikhaleva, reacted to his death, saying ... "How did it happen??? How??? Why did you leave so early???? and left me all alone ..."

Kristoff and Kseniya just got engaged 5 months ago.

TMZ also got the dispatch audio from the fire department, which responded to a call for an "unconscious individual" at Kristoff's home. You'll hear officials use the term "natural causes" -- that only means there was no foul play.

Kristoff St. John, star of the long-running soap opera 'Young and the Restless,' was found dead Sunday ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us one of Kristoff's friends went to check on him at the actor's home in San Fernando Valley, and found his body. Police and paramedics were alerted and responded to the house. We're told Kristoff was pronounced dead on the scene.

We're told there was no sign of foul play, however one source says alcohol might have played a role.

Kristoff has played Neil Winters on 'Y&R' since 1991 -- a role that earned him 9 Daytime Emmy Award nominations. He also won 10 NAACP Image Awards.

Kristoff has a tragic and troubled history with suicide. He and his ex-wife, boxer Mia St. John, lost their son, Julian, when he took his own life in 2014, while getting treatment at a mental health facility. Mia and Kristoff sued the facility for negligence. The suit was eventually settled.

In 2017, around the anniversary of Julian's suicide, Kristoff threatened to kill himself with a gun. Cops placed him under a 72-hour hold for psychiatric evaluation.

Mia reacted to Kristoff's death with an emotional post on social media (which she has since deleted), and it's clear she is connecting his death to Julian's. She wrote, "THAT HOSPITAL KILLED OUR SON @TheArtofJulian THEN MY HUSBAND @kristoffstjohn1. THATS WHAT HAPPENED! THEY KILLED MY FAMILY"

After their son's death, Kristoff and Mia founded the El Saber es Poder (Knowledge is Power) Foundation to battle mental illness.

Kristoff was 52.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/04/krist...-the-restless/
    Brookie and garysgirl1999 like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Shit. RIP. Mental health is a bitch and not followed through properly. When I first started reaching out to possibly being bipolar, the docs over in the UK said I couldn't be bipolar because I hadn't attempted suicide yet. I've had better help here in the states.

😳. Mrs. P, I cannot believes doctors told you that!. Not all bi polar patients are suicidal. Not all mentally I'll people are suicidal.

I'm glad you got the help you needed.

This totally sucks. I loved him on Y & R. That poor family

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Mom was gutted by this - she loved Neil and Drusilla on Y&R. He was so handsome. He was never right after his son took his own life...
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

He's prominent on Wednesday's episode (we get it a day early in Canada) ... he will be so missed on the show!!

I wasn’t aware of him as a person but his name is so perfect for a soap star. I hope he can RIP now. My thoughts are with his family.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information