Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 'Ferris Bueller' Star Suffering Dementia ... Family Files for Conservatorship

Default 'Ferris Bueller' Star Suffering Dementia ... Family Files for Conservatorship

Edie McClurg, the beloved actress from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," is battling dementia ... according to family and friends who say they're trying to protect her from a guy who's allegedly taking advantage of her.

Edie's niece, cousin and friend filed docs Friday requesting a conservatorship to take control of the actress' affairs. In the docs, obtained by TMZ, they say neurological tests revealed she's no longer able to live alone without assistance, and is "especially vulnerable to undue influence given her poor judgment and evident dementia."

Their immediate concern is with a longtime male friend who's lived with 72-year-old Edie for several years. According to docs, the guy has previously talked about marrying Edie ... who famously played Principal Rooney's assistant, Grace, in 'Ferris Bueller,'

die's family and friends don't think she's capable of understanding the relationship with the guy. They claim he's been verbally abusive and tried to compel her to sign documents to change her estate planning.

They're asking the court to appoint one of them -- Edie's cousin, Angelique Cabral -- the conservator.

Edie's also famous for roles in "Planes, Trains & Automobiles," "Small Wonder" ... and for her voice work in "Frozen" and "The Little Mermaid."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/01/edie-...llers-day-off/

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

That's so sad! FU Dementia!
    SHELLEE, DawnM74, fgg and 1 others like this.

How awful. It reminded me of this story I heard on CBC radio about a niece fighting on behalf of her aunt with dementia who ended up in a predatory marriage.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...iage-1.4806202
    sprynkles and Lalasnake like this.

Elite Member

That's so sad. The last thing you need when dealing with dementia is someone trying to take advantage of you. That is disgusting.

I love this character actor. It seems like I've seen her in so many things. This is so unfortunate. I feel so bad for her.

This is so sad. I hope they can get the conservatorship.
    DawnM74 likes this.

So damn sad. It’s weird how they refer to the guy as “The guy”. Why don’t they say his name?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

So sad. A total bitch of an illness. I wish them well
    BITTER, DawnM74 and Lalasnake like this.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    So damn sad. It’s weird how they refer to the guy as “The guy”. Why don’t they say his name?
    Maybe it's for legal reasons? He could sue them for defamation of character, and perhaps they don't yet have proof that he's verbally abusive and tried to sign legal documents.
    weathered1, Kittylady and SHELLEE like this.

A friend of the family couldn't divorce her husband while he was hospitalized due to mental illness because he was unable at the time sign his name to any legal document.

Aww, poor Edie. She was a great character actress. Just saw her this morning on an old Golden Girls episode.

It's a good thing she has family looking out for her, assuming they are legit. You know how it is when there's money, sometimes they're all sharks circling to get their share. She might be better off having a neutral 3rd party, like a bank, named as conservator.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    I love this character actor. It seems like I've seen her in so many things. This is so unfortunate. I feel so bad for her.
    This. I adore her, too. Very sad to hear about this.
    Witchywoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Aww, poor Edie. She was a great character actress. Just saw her this morning on an old Golden Girls episode.

It's a good thing she has family looking out for her, assuming they are legit. You know how it is when there's money, sometimes they're all sharks circling to get their share. She might be better off having a neutral 3rd party, like a bank, named as conservator.
    i was about to say something similar. I know of a family that did this just to get their hands on the money. Couple had been together for years. Never married. When they both got older and sick, the family can along with all sorts of false accusations. It does happen

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ Yeah, just because someone is family you can't assume they want the best for someone. There's also nothing like illness, incapacity or death to bring vultures out of the woodwork. I remember the number of people who turned up out of nowhere when my grandma died, simply to pick through her clothes and other bits and pieces. I was only a kid but I still remember how disgusted I felt.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

NOOO, Not Edie. This lady holds a special place in my heart. I loved her in Elvira Mistress of the Dark movie. This really sucks it.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    When the end comes I know, it was just a Gigolo, Life goes on without me. CUZ................................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information