Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow is sued for $3.1 Mil for 2016 beginner slope ski crash

Default Gwyneth Paltrow is sued for $3.1 Mil for 2016 beginner slope ski crash

If you read the full story, this poor guy was so brain damaged he bought the $5,000 Mongolian jade egg with waterproof Blaupunkt bluetooth 100-Watt speaker off the Goop site while he was recuperating.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Gwyneth Paltrow is sued for $3.1MILLION after leaving a Utah doctor, 72, with a brain injury and broken ribs in an 'out of control' hit-and-run ski crash on a beginner slope in 2016

• Terry Sanderson filed a lawsuit Tuesday in Utah claiming that Gwyneth Paltrow broke four of his ribs and left him with brain damage after a ski crash
    • Sanderson said that Paltrow and her ski instructor, Eric Christiansen, left him suffering on the side of the mountain and did not alert the ski patrol
    • He is now demanding damages in excess of $3.1 million, saying he suffered emotional distress in addition to is physical injuries
    • A witness confirmed Sanderson's version of events and said that Paltrow did not say a single word during the incident
    • Reps for Paltrow dismissed the filing as being 'without merit' and said their client expects to be 'vindicated' in the case

A Utah doctor has filed a lawsuit accusing Gwyneth Paltrow of seriously injuring him in a 'hit-and-run' crash at a swank Park City ski resort in 2016, and is demanding damages in excess of $3.1 million.
    Optometrist Terry Sanderson, 72, says in a complaint that was filed on Tuesday that Paltrow was skiing with an instructor at Deer Valley when she lost control and slammed into him from behind.
    'I heard this hysterical scream and instantaneous I got hit in the back,' said Sanderson at a press conference on Tuesday.
    Paltrow then proceeded to get up and ski away according to the legal filing, without checking on Sanderson or offering any assistance to the injured man.
    Soon after the GOOP guru fled the scene, Sanderson claims that her instructor came over and informed the injured man that the incident was his fault and then also skied off.

Dammit, you got me again!!!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Wow that's super cunty of both Gwyneth but especially the instructor who I'd think should know what to do when a skier is injured. What the fuck is wrong with people? Who cares if it was his fault he got hit? You're just going to leave him on a ski slope to suffer or possibly die since you're not a doctor and don't have a CAT scan machine with you? I mean Natasha Richardson died from a brain injury while skiing. You just don't fuck around with brain injuries. JFC.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Goop is in trouble again.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Ok but did it really happen?
    Ravenna, czb and sputnik like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Getting plowed into is one of the inherent risks on a ski slope. Not receiving help after being plowed into is not just rude, but a reckless disregard for life and health. $3.1 seems mild.

'I heard this hysterical scream and instantaneous I got hit in the back,' said Sanderson at a press conference on Tuesday.
    I am sorry for his troubles, but that made me laugh. Goop tries to come across as such a caring, altruistic person. So much for that.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Silver Member

Seven time skier here (take that for what it is worth) I don't know what happened because I was not there but everywhere on every slope I have ever been on has claimed that when skiing the people in front of you have the right of way.
    If you are skiing responsibly and get hit from behind, it is not your fault.
    If what he said about the instructor leaving him lying on the hill then someone is in trouble at that resort.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Wow that's super cunty of both Gwyneth but especially the instructor who I'd think should know what to do when a skier is injured. What the fuck is wrong with people? Who cares if it was his fault he got hit? You're just going to leave him on a ski slope to suffer or possibly die since you're not a doctor and don't have a CAT scan machine with you? I mean Natasha Richardson died from a brain injury while skiing. You just don't fuck around with brain injuries. JFC.
    If I recall, Natasha fell on the bunny slopes no less. TBIs are very serious and you cannot just take a person's word that they're okay. People with concussions don't even know what they're saying or doing sometimes.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    If I recall, Natasha fell on the bunny slopes no less. TBIs are very serious and you cannot just take a person's word that they're okay. People with concussions don't even know what they're saying or doing sometimes.
    Any hard collision should be checked out medically. I went to the funeral of a guy who was in an accident. He got himself in to the ambulance, he chatted to the paramedics all the way to the hospital and felt fine - until he collapsed due to a sudden massive internal hemorrhage.

Any accident that involves a blow to the head or abdomen should always be looked at.
    DawnM74, Nevan, sprynkles and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

The bits not pasted
    Sanderson says in the complaint that neither Paltrow or the instructor alerted ski patrol after abandoning him, and he was left stranded and alone with brain damage and four broken ribs on the side of the mountain. Reps for Paltrow dismissed the filing as being 'without merit' and said their client expects to be 'vindicated' in the case.
    Her lawyers meanwhile have stated that Paltrow was downhill at the time of the crash, meaning that she had the right of way.
    It is not just Paltrow who is named in the suit, with Sanderson also seeing damages from the resort and three employees who were with Paltrow. “

Paltrow got up, turned and skied away, leaving Sanderson stunned, lying in the snow, seriously injured.'
    That is when a ski instructor came over and derided Sanderson claims the filing, despite the fact that he did not see the crash.
    'He also failed to send help, as he was obligated to do, and later filed a false report to protect his client, Ms. Paltrow,' states the filing.
    'Neither Ms. Paltrow nor Deer Valley lodge personnel notified emergency responders about the injured Dr. Sanderson. They left him at the scene with serious brain injuries caused by Ms. Paltrow.'
    The instructor has been identified in the court filing as Eric Christiansen.
    Paltrow was also with friends and family as well as two additional Deer Valley employees according to the lawsuit.
    She was allegedly rushing down the mountain to grab lunch at the Montage Lodge at Deer Valley according to the complaint.”

Paltrow had posted a photo one year prior while at Deer Valley bragging about what a natural athlete she was, writing: '20 years later and I still got it #justlikeridingabike #ididntbreakanything!'
    She also gave the resort the ultimate endorsement when she did a Park City & Deer Valley Guide on GOOP. “

And the Guy was 70 or so, he could have also died of hypothermia, she is lucky that she is getting off so lightly.
    weathered1 and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Any hard collision should be checked out medically. I went to the funeral of a guy who was in an accident. He got himself in to the ambulance, he chatted to the paramedics all the way to the hospital and felt fine - until he collapsed due to a sudden massive internal hemorrhage.

Any accident that involves a blow to the head or abdomen should always be looked at.
    Absolutely, positively agree.

I had a (multiple hit) TBI from a car accident when I was 18. I remember nothing. I was unconscious most of the time at least (witnesses) and the EMTs report said that I was unconscious the whole time they were extracting me from the car and most of the ambulance ride to the hospital. I had anterograde amnesia for close to four weeks, in the hospital for 2-1/2 weeks. My mother said it was one of her more scarier experiences as a mother because I would be wide awake, talking and just kept repeating myself. "What happened?" They'd tell me and change the subject. Next thing out of my mouth was "what happened?" Or I'd ask "Where's Mommy?" over and over and she had been sitting right there for hours. I remember being furious with my grandmother (obviously after the amnesia wore off) because she didn't come to see me in the hospital. She was there EVERY DAY. My brain was just unable to store memories at that point.

I know a long time cop (at the time) who was in a car accident on a six lane highway in my town. This man KNEW what to do in the way of clearing a scene, directing traffic, getting the injured (or worse) into the ambulance, all that. He had a major TBI and got out of his car in the middle lane going west and just started walking up the highway going east (witnesses say he was almost hit several times as he was walking directly into traffic). This was after first responders were already on the scene. They had to almost take him down (big guy) because he was just so insistent that he needed to be walking east (the hospital was in the other direction, so it wasn't that). He has no memory of it, other than what police reports and eye witness accounts told him.

In Natasha's case, I can almost see why it was treated so lightly. I did look it up to make sure and she was on the bunny slopes getting a lesson. She fell and never lost consciousness. She was probably mortified that she fell and went back to her room to lay down. Bam. Gone, just like that.

TBIs are very scary.

#ididn'tbreakanything! says it all from Goopy's perspective. She was just keen to grab her wine, er a lettuce leaf for lunch.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It should read #ididn'tbreakanythingofmine

I have no doubt that Paltrow behaved in a way that was reckless, stupid and showed a total disregard for the health and wellbeing of the man who was seriously injured during the incident on the ski run.
    The following youtube video shows that she has no regard for the safety and wellbeing of herself, her daughter and other road users as seen in this video whilst transporting her daughter through the busy LA a couple of years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information