Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Senile senior injures two in vehicle accident. Prince Philip unharmed

Default Senile senior injures two in vehicle accident. Prince Philip unharmed

Duke of Edinburgh, 97, is 'conscious but very shocked and shaken' with Queen at his side after crashing his Range Rover near the Sandringham Estate and rolling it over on side of road

• Prince Philip is 'conscious but very shocked and shaken' after crashing his Range Rover near Sandringham
    • The duke is unhurt and with the Queen following the dramatic crash after he pulled out onto the A149, Norfolk
    • The 97-year-old was seen by a doctor on the Sandringham Estate as a precaution but given the all clear
    • Two people suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene - the duke's bodyguard was also unhurt
    • Experts have warned of the dangers of older drivers getting behind the wheel amid rise in over 70s DVLA tests
    • Did YOU see the crash? Email: rod.ardehali@mailonline.co.uk and websitepictures@mailonline.co.uk

By ROD ARDEHALI and RORY TINGLE FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 12:59 EST, 17 January 2019 | UPDATED: 14:22 EST, 17 January 2019

Prince Philip is 'conscious but very shocked and shaken' after crashing his Range Roverin a dramatic car crash near the Sandringham estate.
    The Queen is by the duke's side following the collision which happened just after 3pm when he was pulling out of a driveway onto the A149 in Babingley, Norfolk which leads to Sandringham.
    Images have emerged of a black Range Rover having rolled on its side following the crash with a people carrier.
    Police and ambulance rushed to the scene where two people, neither understood to be the prince, were treated for minor injuries.

The duke was seen by a doctor at his medical facilities on the Sandringham Estate following the crash as a precaution but was given the all clear.
    A witness said they helped the duke out of the vehicle. He was conscious but very shocked and shaken, royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said.

+11

Prince Philip is 'conscious but very shocked and shaken' after crashing his Range Rover in a dramatic car crash near the Sandringham estate. The Queen is by the duke's side following the collision which happened just after 3pm when he was pulling out of a driveway onto the A149 in Babingley, Norfolk which leads to Sandringham. Images have emerged showing the black Range Rover with severe damage to its left side

+11

Images have emerged of a black Range Rover having rolled on its side following the crash with a people carrier. Police and ambulance rushed to the scene where two people, neither understood to be the prince, were treated for minor injuries

Prince Philip has been involved in a car crash close to the Sandringham Estate, but is unhurt, says Buckingham Palace

Map shows the Sandringham Estate where Prince Philip is known to enjoy solo drives

The crash comes after experts have warned of the dangers of older drivers getting behind the wheel. Figures show that in 2018, the number of drivers aged over 70 referred by the DVLA for extra testing increased by 20 per cent.
    Under UK driving laws, people have to reapply for their licence once they turn 70. After that, they have to submit a new application every three years.
    Rhiannon Mills, Sky's royal correspondent, said: 'From what I understand, Prince Philip has been seen by a doctor since that accident took place.
    'I'm told that was a precautionary measure and that he is doing fine and that we should not be unduly concerned.

'Obviously, the fact that he is 97 years old will bring with it its own concerns. He is of course very independent and he has been a very active man.'
    The royal protection officer assigned to Prince Philip was also uninjured.
    The Archbishop of York tweeted a prayer for Prince Philip following the accident.
    He wrote: 'Almighty God, the Fountain of all Goodness, We humbly beseech thee to bless Philip Duke of Edinburgh. Endow him with thy Holy Spirit; enrich him with thy Heavenly Grace; prosper him with all happiness; and bring him to thine everlasting kingdom, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.'

+11

Picture shows highway workers clearing up the wreckage following the crash

+11

+11

A police spokesman said: 'We were called to the scene at around 3pm to reports of a two vehicle collision.
    'The road is not blocked. Recovery has been called and we are at the scene waiting for them to arrive.'
    A Buckingham Palace statement said: 'The Duke of Edinburgh was involved in a road traffic accident with another vehicle this afternoon.
    'The Duke was not injured. The accident took place close to the Sandringham Estate. Local police attended the scene.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6604071/Duke-Edinburgh-involved-road-crash.html
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Who the fuck allows a 97-year-old to get behind the wheel? I don't care what his damn title is.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

He's nearly 100 and shouldn't be driving. He could have killed those people as well as himself. I guess he will be forced to stop now but it shouldn't have come to this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

my great aunt is 95 and still drives and i swear she's gonna kill someone. but she still passes her vision test every year and she's as sharp as a tack so the doctor has no choice but to sign off on her license renewal every year.
    BITTER and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    He's nearly 100 and shouldn't be driving. He could have killed those people as well as himself. I guess he will be forced to stop now but it shouldn't have come to this.
    It might not have actually been his fault. I agree that he's too old to drive anyway.
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Who the fuck allows a 97-year-old to get behind the wheel? I don't care what his damn title is.
    I think my late grandmother stopped driving around 83 when she finally realized it was an "issue" she kept hitting the curbs. We have her old Crown Vic from 1995 and it hasn't even reached 90,000 miles yet. It's like driving in a large sofa with the arm rests and crap.

I'm 58 and my depth perception sucks (it's never been fantastic), so I can only imagine his isn't any better. (Or any of his vision, for that matter.) He can and SHOULD use a chauffeur because this is ridiculous.
    ChemicalHelena, Angeli and DawnM74 like this.

Agreed, there is no reason why he should still be driving on open roads. I guess if it's within the grounds of Sandringham maybe it is ok. Otherwise use a driver, for everyone's safety.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I think my late grandmother stopped driving around 83 when she finally realized it was an "issue" she kept hitting the curbs. We have her old Crown Vic from 1995 and it hasn't even reached 90,000 miles yet. It's like driving in a large sofa with the arm rests and crap.
    I think my dad had that model. What a tank! My first auto purchase after I started at Ford in 1978 was a Mercury Marquis (same as Crown Vic but pricier). It was navy and we all called it "The Squad Car" because it looked like the current model cop cars.
    Mrs P likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I think my dad had that model. What a tank! My first auto purchase after I started at Ford in 1978 was a Mercury Marquis (same as Crown Vic but pricier). It was navy and we all called it "The Squad Car" because it looked like the current model cop cars.
    Ha, yeah, this one is the dark green and looks like a detective cop car. If I ever drive it at night, people always start slowing down thinking I'm a cop. I just laugh. It's a back up car for emergencies and was free.
    Brookie likes this.

And they talk about women drivers...
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I had to reread this a number of times because I couldn't believe Philip was driving. What the fuck?
    HeartShapedBox and DawnM74 like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Toonces would have done better ffs
    Waterslide, Icepik, emkat and 7 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Lol!! I inherited a big Buick a while back when I was between cars and I called it "The Mothership." 😝.

And yes!!! The Duke has NO business driving! But he may be like a lot of elderly gents and be cantankerous about giving up activities that they are too old to do, as it hurts their pride.

I'm glad he's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Toonces would have done better ffs
    Bluebonnet and holly like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information