Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Steve Buscemi's wife of over 30 years Jo Andres passes away in NYC at age 65

Default Steve Buscemi's wife of over 30 years Jo Andres passes away in NYC at age 65

Steve Buscemi's wife of over 30 years Jo Andres passes away in NYC at age 65

By Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
    Published: 18:19 EST, 11 January 2019 | Updated: 18:26 EST, 11 January 2019

View comments

Steve Buscemi's wife of over 30 years, Jo Andres, has died.
    The filmmaker, choreographer and artist passed this month in New York City at the age of 65 with family and friends around her. The two wed in 1987 and share 29-year-old son Lucian Buscemi.
    Steve is best known for his TV series Boardwalk Empire and The Sopranos.
    +4

Sad loss: Steve Buscemi's wife of over 30 years Jo Andres has died. According to Radar Online , she died this month. The outlet has photos of the Boardwalk Empire actor holding her wicker casket at the funeral in New York City; seen in March

The two were last seen together on the red carpet in July at The Cinema Society screening Of Puzzle in NYC.
    Share this article

28 shares

According to RadarOnline, she passed away earlier this week.
    The site also noted that Steve’s Big Lebowski co-star, John Turturro as well as Aida Turturro stopped by his home for a visit.
    +4

They had a bond: The couple seen with Tony Bennett at his 90th birthday at The Rainbow Room in 2016 in New York City

+4

Tough times: According to RadarOnline , she passed away earlier this week. The site also noted that Steve’s Big Lebowski co-star, John Turturro as well as Aida Turturro stopped by his home for a visit

It was also noted that on Wednesday morning, FDNY Firefighter’s from Buscemi’s Ladder Company were seen at the Brooklyn home. The actor had volunteered during 9/11.
    Andres directed music and art videos, as well as her own film performance works. She was also a dance consultant to the acclaimed Wooster Group. Her choreographer can be seen in the 1998 movie The Imposters.
    According to her website, 'Andres first became known on the kinetic downtown New York performance scene of the 1980s for her film/dance/light performances, shown at the reigning venues of the era, among them The Performing Garage, La Mama E.T.C., P.S. 122, St. Marks Danspace, and the Collective for Living Cinema.'
    +4

His biggest TV series: Steve is seen here in The TV wonder The Sopranos

It was added: 'Black Kites, Andres’ 1996 award-winning film, aired on PBS, RAI Italian TV and screened in Sundance, Berlin, Toronto, London and Human Rights Watch Film Festivals. Andres directed music and art videos, as well as her own film performance works.'
    She has been an artist in residence at leading universities, museums and art colonies, including Yaddo and The Rockefeller Study Center in Bellagio, Italy.
    Steve got his first big break in Quentin Tarantino's film Reservoir Dogs. After that he popped up in 1996's Fargo, 1998's The Big Lebowski and 2001's Ghost World. The Brooklyn native is now on the TV show Miracle Workers.

His next film is The Dead Don't Die

Daily fail link for article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...YC-age-65.html

Oh, I am so sorry to read this. Poor lady. I am so sad for his loss. 30 plus years is a VERY long time for actors. I love Steve with a passion and I hate this for him and his son.

So sad. This is awful. I've rewatching The Sopranos (they've been playing a season a day on one of the HBO channels) and he's just awesome. I really hope that I have that many loved ones around when I go.
    Angeli and Mrs P like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Very sad news to hear.
    Mrs P likes this.

This is very sad news. To last 30+ years together (especially in the entertainment industry) is no small feat. I don't know anything about her, but he seems really down-to-earth and I'd guess she was the same. My heart goes out to him and their son.
    DawnM74, Honeythorn, deenz and 4 others like this.

This is so sad.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My God, this is so sad. I love Steve. His wife was a very beautiful woman, too.
    HeartShapedBox and SHELLEE like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Aww how awful. They did well to have such a long marriage. I’m feeling a bit weepy for Steve and his son.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I love Steve as an actor and he seems like a really nice guy. This is really sad news.
    palta and SHELLEE like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

This is so heartbreaking. I feel so sad for him.

Very sad. Poor Steve.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

It is sad, but she seems to have lived a lovely, love-filled life.
    NickiDrea, SHELLEE and Mrs P like this.

So sad. Rest in peace.

Such sad news. Steve is a great actor and seems like a great guy. I'm so sad for him and his family. RIP to his wife.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Such very sad news and she was so young too.

I am p1ssed off about how her obituary is full of her husband’s achievements though.
    czb, weathered1 and SHELLEE like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information