Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie announce divorce on Twitter

fgg

Default Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie announce divorce on Twitter

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are divorcing after 25 years of marriage, the couple announced Wednesday.

“We want to make people aware of a development in our lives,” tweeted Bezos, the world’s richest person. “As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separate, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends.”

He continued: “We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other. If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again.”

The 54-year-old sits at the top of Forbes world’s billionaires ranking, with a real-time worth of $137.4 billion.

It’s unclear if the couple has a prenuptial agreement.

They reside in Washington state, which is a “community property state” — meaning divorcing couples without a prenup split assets 50-50, TMZ reported.

The Bezos own five homes in Medina, Washington, Beverly Hills, Van Horn, Texas, DC and Manhattan — making Jeff the 25th biggest landowner in the nation, Business Insider said.

The couple met in New York at hedge fund D.E. Shaw when Jeff, the company’s vice president, interviewed MacKenzie for a job, according to Business Insider.
    MacKenzie, a Princeton graduate, landed the gig as a research associate and the two office neighbors fell in love — fast.

MacKenzie, who was 23 at the time and made the first move by asking Jeff out to lunch, was smitten.

“My office was next door to his, and all day long I listened to that fabulous laugh,” she recalled in a 2013 interview with Vogue. “How could you not fall in love with that laugh?”

Within three months, they were engaged and, three months later in 1993, they were hitched.

Jeff also gushed about his longtime love.

“I think my wife is resourceful, smart, brainy, and hot, but I had the good fortune of having seen her résumé before I met her, so I knew exactly what her SATs were,” he told Vogue.

In 1994, the newlyweds quit their Wall Street jobs and moved cross country to Seattle, where Jeff launched Amazon. He hired MacKenzie as an accountant — as one of the online bookstore’s first employees.

“To me, watching your spouse, somebody that you love, have an adventure — what is better than that?” MacKenzie told CBS.

The couple went on to have four children.

MacKenzie, 48, is an award-winning novelist who penned the “The Testing of Luther Albright” in 2005 and “Traps” eight years later.

At Princeton, where Jeff also attended, she studied under legendary author Toni Morrison, who told Vogue that she was “one of the best students” she ever had.

Last year, Jeff and MacKenzie launched the homeless charity Day One Fund together.

In his statement on Wednesday, he hinted that he and his soon-to-be ex-wife would continue working together.

“We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures,” Jeff wrote. “Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/09/jeff-...ie-to-divorce/
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That's gonna be some split. Lucky bitch.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

after a long period of loving exploration and trial separate
    Loving exploration = hookers?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

Why wonder about a prenup?
    They amassed the Amazon billions after marriage

In all their interviews, they sound really into each other, even years into the marriage. I'm sure there's backstory here.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Loving exploration = hookers?
    I was thinking men... for him

But seriously it is a bit of an odd statement. They sound almost like they should still be together going by that.
    Waterslide and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I was thinking men... for him

But seriously it is a bit of an odd statement. They sound almost like they should still be together going by that.
    Well that's possible, too. It just made me laugh because I'd read some blind where Bezos was supposedly bragging about having a hooker in his limo to Brad Pitt of all people. I don't know what he does in his spare time. lol...but I agree that statement sounds kind of intimate for two people on the brink of divorce. The scripts publicists use to announce breakups are getting more and more flowery and pretentious.
    Sarzy, sputnik and Beeyotch like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It's $140 billion. Maybe this time I'm wrong, but I'd be truly surprised if this loving divorce didn't get a lot less lovely before it's all settled. It's the oddest thing to me, because most of us would be, like, "$70 billion? That's probably enough to work with - let's do this." Actually, I'd be so gracious - I'd just take one (1) measly billion. But the knives come out 99% of the time. Why? Maybe just because they can afford the lawyers.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; January 9th, 2019 at 03:18 PM.

I could make ends meet with a lousy $1B too.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Fuck that, if my share is supposed to be half, I need all $70 billion too.
    czb, sprynkles, NickiDrea and 6 others like this.

I could do with $30 billion and be pretty happy

My hubs interned at Amazon around 2000....was offered a job....didn't take it. Can you imagine the stock options had he!?
    czb, ChemicalHelena and Brookie like this.

That’s not his real value. A lot of that is linked to amazon and she probably wouldn’t be allowed to sell any shares she got. She’ll probably get haof if their actual assets like properties, bank accounts, etc, and alimony, but is she really likely to get half of jeff's shares of amazon?
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

why wouldn't she get half the shares or a $$$ negotiated amount worth half the shares? people have to split assets all the time, like 401ks or SEPS.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos 'announced his $140bn split with wife of 25-years because compromising photographs of him with married former TV anchor, 49, were about to made public' by magazine owned by one-time Trump ally

Bezos has reportedly been seeing Lauren Sanchez (center and right with Bezos), a helicopter pilot and the former anchor of Fox 11's Good Day LA, since she separated from her Hollywood talent mogul husband Patrick Whitesell (left with his wife and Bezos) in the fall. The lovebirds have known each other for years, and were seen together, along with her husband Whitesell, at a holiday party in Los Angeles in 2016 (center). Now, embarrassing photos of Bezos and Sanchez are set to hit the newsstands on Thursday, in an edition of the National Enquirer (inset) that the magazine says 'exposes WHAT REALLY tore apart Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie (inset) after 25 years'. Sanchez, who is said to have met Bezos while her company was shooting aerial video for his side venture Blue Origin, was spotted alongside the online retail mogul as recently as Amazon's Golden Globes party (main) on Sunday. Hours before word of Bezos and Sanchez's relationship became public, he announced that he was divorcing his novelist wife MacKenzie Bezos (with him right) through a joint statement with her on Twitter Wednesday. Jeff Bezos is worth close to $140 billion. The statement did not mention how the two will split that fortune, though experts believed that's already been hashed out.

• Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has reportedly been seeing Lauren Sanchez for months
    • She is the former anchor of Fox 11's Good Day LA and a helicopter pilot
    • Sanchez and Bezos are both married, and National Enquirer is set to run pics
    • Enquirer accuses them of cheating on their spouses in an eight-month affair
    • Claims Bezos met with Sanchez for secret trysts and sent her 'erotic selfies'
    • The magazine is run by one-time Donald Trump ally David Pecker
    • Bezos announced Wednesday that he is divorcing novelist MacKenzie Bezos
    • The couple announced the breakup over Jeff's Twitter account on Wednesday
    • The couple did not mention how Jeff Bezos' $140 Billion fortune will be split
    • They got engaged within three months after their first date and married in 1993
    • The two share four children, including three sons and an adopted daughter

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has reportedly been cheating on his wife with a married former television anchor, and announced his split with wife MacKenzie Bezos to get ahead of the release of embarrassing photos that expose the affair.
    Since at least the fall, Bezos has been seeing Lauren Sanchez, a helicopter pilot and the former anchor of Fox 11's Good Day LA who is married to Hollywood talent mogul husband Patrick Whitesell, according to reports.
    Photos of Bezos, 54, and Sanchez, 49, are set to hit the newsstands on Thursday, in an edition of the National Enquirer that the magazine says 'exposes WHAT REALLY tore apart Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie after 25 years'.
    The Enquirer claims that Bezos 'two-timed' his wife by 'whisking his mistress off to exotic destinations on his $65 million private jet' and 'sending her raunchy messages and erotic selfies.'

Sanchez (far left) was spotted alongside Bezos at Amazon's Golden Globes party on Sunday (above). Other photos of the couple are set to hit newsstands on Thursday

Bezos (right) is seen with Sanchez and her husband Patrick Whitesell in 2016. The couple were said to be friends with Bezos and his wife before Bezos began seeing her on the side

The National Enquirer will publish photos of Bezos and Sanchez in this edition set to hit the stands on Thursday. Bezos announced his divorce in anticipation of the photos' release

The magazine says it trailed Bezos across five states for four months in what it calls the 'largest investigation' in the magazine's history, with its photographer catching the lovebirds 'doing the dirty on their spouses together no fewer than six times in 14 days.'
    The affair has gone on for some eight months behind the back of Bezos' wife and Sanchez's husband, the Enquirer claims.
    It is a major coup for the Enquirer and its CEO David Pecker, a one-time ally to President Donald Trump, whose scorn for Bezos' Washington Post has been no secret.
    Sanchez, who is said to have met Bezos while her company was shooting aerial video for his side venture Blue Origin, was publicly spotted alongside the online retail mogul as recently as Amazon's Golden Globes party on Sunday.
    Bezos and Sanchez were seen together, along with her husband Whitesell, at a holiday party in Los Angeles in 2016.
    The two couples are said to have known each other for years, and grown close because they both have homes in Seattle.
    Hours before word of Bezos and Sanchez's relationship became public, he announced that he was divorcing his novelist wife MacKenzie Bezos through a joint statement with her on Twitter Wednesday.
    The couple claimed they had been going through a 'trial separation' in recent months.

Similarly, sources emerged late on Wednesday claiming that Sanchez and her husband Whitesell had 'separated' in recent months, attempting to spin the alleged affair as something that was known to all parties.
    'Patrick and Lauren Sanchez have been separated for a while. Their marriage has been off and on for a while, and they tried hard to fix things, but in the fall they officially separated. She had told Patrick that she has been recently seeing Jeff Bezos,' an unnamed source told Page Six.
    Bezos, 54, shared the announcement on his personal Twitter account shortly after 9am Eastern on Wednesday, signed by both him and MacKenzie.
    'As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends,' the statement read

'If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again.'
    Jeff Bezos is worth close to $140 billion. The statement did not mention how the two will split that fortune, though experts believed that's already been hashed out.
    Much of that dollar amount comes from his 16 percent ownership stake in Amazon, which briefly became the second US-based company to reach a $1 trillion valuation in September, behind Apple in August.
    Amazon's stock edged up $2.84 on Wednesday to close at $1,659.42. That left Amazon with a market value of $811 billion, more than any other publicly traded company in the US. The company passed Microsoft this week to become the world's biggest publicly traded company by market capitalization.
    The divorce should have no material impact on the company and its shares, said Thomas Forte, an analyst at DA Davidson & Co.

Two-time author MacKenzie Bezos, 48, who won an American Book Award in 2006, was one of the first employees of Amazon at its founding, doing accounting for the start-up.
    The two, who both graduated from Princeton University six years apart, live in Washington, which is a community property state, and that means all assets acquired during the marriage by either spouse are split equally unless there's a prenuptial agreement stating otherwise.
    The division of the Bezos' assets will be complicated because the two will continue to pursue joint ventures, according to the joint statement.
    'We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other,' the statement read.
    'We've had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures.
    'Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends.'
    Toby Yerburgh, Partner and Head of Family at Collyer Bristow LLP, told DailyMail.com:
    'Not since the 'conscious uncoupling' statement of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin have a high profile couple released such a positive and upbeat statement announcing their divorce as the one released today by Jeff Bezos and his wife.
    'Such agreed statements often form part of the negotiations over a financial split and come attached to an NDA. They demonstrate the importance of high profile divorcing couples' lawyers working hand in glove with their PR agents.'

The bulk of the assets now at issue in this financial split include nearly 79 million shares of Amazon stock, which is currently worth about $130 billion, along with Rocket ship maker Blue Origin and The Washington Post.
    According to Refinitiv Eikon data, MacKenzie does not hold any Amazon shares directly.
    Liat Sadler, a San Francisco matrimonial lawyer, noted that spouses owe a fiduciary duty to one another.
    'They have duties not to waste or devalue marital resources, and to keep the value of marital property as high as possible,' she said. 'I don't think there is an issue of concern for shareholders as to what will happen to Amazon because of the divorce.'
    Sadler said the main options facing the couple regarding Amazon stock were for Jeff to buy out his wife or for MacKenzie to retain shares.
    'If she trusts that he would manage Amazon well, either he should pay her for her share of the stock, or they could enter a more complicated agreement where she keeps stock and he keeps voting rights,' she said.
    It is unlikely that many details of the divorce will become public, New York lawyer Bernard Clair, who is representing Judith Giuliani in her divorce from former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, said.
    'These two have been separated for a not insignificant time, and I would assume ... they would have used the time to reach a private, confidential agreement,' Clair said.

Less than two years ago, Jeff and MacKenzie couldn't keep their hands off of each other as they vacationed in Italy in May of 2017

Less than two years ago, the two couldn't keep their hands off of each other as they vacationed in Italy in May of 2017.
    And now, on Sunday night, Jeff was all smiles while at the Golden Globe Awards, hobnobbing with celebrities without MacKenzie by his side.
    Amazon Prime Video' hosted its own after party at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 6 in Beverly Hills, where he was photographed with Mr. Robot series creator Sam Esmail, head of Amazon Studios Jennifer Salke, and the star of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Rachel Brosnahan.
    Jeff came up from virtually nothing to become the self-made billionaire, one hundred times over, that he is today.
    He was born to a 16-year-old mother, Jacklyn Gise, and deadbeat dad, Ted Jorgensen, in Texas on January 12, 1964, as Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen.
    When Jeff was 17 months old, his mom divorced Jorgensen, who belonged to a unicycle troupe and was making $1.25 per hour at a retail store, according to CNBC.
    About three years later, Gise remarried Miguel Bezos in 1968.
    Miguel had arrived in Miami in 1962 from Cuba, and he only knew one word of English: 'hamburger.'
    When Jeff was four, Jorgensen agreed to allow Miguel to adopt his son, and that's how Jeff became became Jeffrey Preston Bezos.

'Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends,' the statement read. Jeff (second from right) and MacKenzie Bezos (third from left) are pictured with their three sons, the oldest of which is Preston, 18 (second from left), and their adopted daughter from China (third from right), attending the premiere of Paramount Pictures' 'Star Trek Beyond' at Embarcadero Marina Park South on July 20, 2016 in San Diego, California
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Sanchez.html

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

czb

david pecker?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information