Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Taedium
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By mtlebay

Thread: Singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor gives birth to her fifth son: Mickey

Default Singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor gives birth to her fifth son: Mickey

Sophie Ellis-Bextor hits back at claims she wanted a baby girl as she welcomes FIFTH son Mickey with husband Richard Jones

• Sophie Ellis-Bextor confirmed the arrival of her newborn on Instagram
    • The singer and her husband Richard Jones welcomed their fifth son
    • Sophie revealed her newborn's name, Mickey, and weight, 7lb 1oz
    • She is already mum to four sons; Sonny, 14, Kit, nine, Ray, six, and Jesse, two
    • The vocal talent gave birth 24 hours after appearing on Sunday Brunch Live

Sophie Ellis-Bextor has slammed claims she was hoping for a daughter after welcoming her fifth son this week.
    The singer announced the arrival of baby boy Mickey on Monday, sharing a sweet Instagram photo of her musician husband Richard Jones holding their 'absolutely gorgeous' new addition.
    The star was keen to stress that she was in no way disappointed not to have a baby girl, hitting back in a strongly worded tweet hours after the birth.

Happy with her boys: Sophie Ellis-Bextor has slammed claims she was hoping for a daughter after welcoming her fifth son this week

Referencing a report that claimed Sophie had 'hinted' that she wanted a girl during her appearance on Sunday Brunch the day before the birth, Sophie tweeted:

'I did nothing of the sort. Iíve only ever wanted whatever babies Iíve been lucky enough to have. X'
    She is already mum to four boys she shares with husband Richard; Sonny, 14, Kit, nine, Ray, six, and Jesse, two.

Baby joy: The singer announced the arrival of Mickey on Instagram on Monday, sharing a photo of her musician husband Richard Jones holding their 'absolutely gorgeous' new addition

The Murder on the Dancefloor hit-maker was seen appearing on Sunday Brunch Live just 24 hours prior to giving birth.
    She had appeared on the Channel 4 Sunday morning show alongside hosts Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer and fellow guests; Gemma Atkinson, Eamonn Holmes and wife Ruth Langsford, Spencer Matthews and his wife Vogue Williams, and singer Jade Bird.
    Sophie had cut a glamorous figure on the show, revealing that she was unaware of her unborn baby's sex. Quizzed about whether she was having a boy or a girl, Sophie replied: 'This one is... a baby, for sure. I don't know what I'm having. I've never found out.'

She was asked whether she and husband Richard had been trying for a girl, with Sophie playfully joking: 'Obviously, we're trying for a boy.
    'No, I would hate for any of my sons to think that they were an attempt to be someone else. They are all very wanted and very different... I will accept whoever is on their way.'
    Although, she did admit she 'feels like I've been pregnant for ever', Sophie said: 'Maybe I'll never give birth... no, it's imminent, this little person is on their way.'

On whether she enjoys pregnancy, Sophie joked: 'I like the results,' before adding. I love the fact that we have a very busy, eccentric, chaotic family. I love incorporating what Richard and I do into our family life.
    'He has been touring with me for the last three or four years now, as well as doing stuff with The Feeling, I've been lucky to have him around... we'll take the baby with us [on tour].'
    Fans flooded Sophie's birth announcement Insta with congratulatory messages, as she gushed: 'Heís here! Mickey Jones born today weighing 7lb 1oz and heís absolutely gorgeous. Welcome to our quirky little family, sweet boy. Weíre so glad youíre here safe.'

Mickey's arrival comes after Sophie insisted she 'doesn't get parenting right all the time' in a candid interview on ITV's This Morning last month.
    She confessed: 'After having four kids still I would like advice, people say "you know what youíre doing" but do I? Every new person in the family changes the dynamic. So I donít feel like I have it down.'
    'You embrace that you donít know and wonít get it right all the time, but the intentions are good.'
    She also confessed she gets frustrated with the constant questions around juggling work and babies for women, when 'my husband has never been asked about the children and he took them on tour with him.'

The answer to how do you manage it all, is boring for every working parent. You sort childcare,' she pointed out, revealing her mum, former Blue Peter legend Janet Ellis lives ten minutes away and helps out regularly.
    Sophie confirmed her fifth pregnancy in August - casually dropping the baby bombshell during an interview on BBC Radio 2.
    Discussing her new music and its release, Sophie left listeners stunned as she announced her album, The Song Diaries, will be released at the same time she is due to give birth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...baby-girl.html

"T„o estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguťm suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Congratulations. I like her reaction to the question if she wants a girl.

Gold Member

Mickey?

rollo and fgg like this.

she gets frustrated with the constant questions around juggling work and babies for women, when 'my husband has never been asked about the children and he took them on tour with him.'
    Amen! She's so right about that one. Women get it so much. Though, to be fair, if you have 4 kids already and you're about to have a 5th it's kinda normal that it would come up.

If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

I swear I was thinking about her a couple of days ago and wondering what she's up to because I never heard of her again after her one or two songs she had back then.
    -

1. She looks great for someone who gives birth 24 hours later. She doesn't even look pregnant!!

2. When that precious baby emerges you just don't care about the gender or anything else besides it's health...you are just instantly in love.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

^ True but five boys will be a handful even if she's wealthy and her husband doesn't tour much.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I always thought that she was so pretty. I also like her cover of Cher's "Take Me Home" and "Murder On The Dance Floor". The videos are very creative.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

^^ Agreed. Loved her since I saw her Murder on the Dance Floor video.
    BITTER likes this.
    Go Habs Go!!

That's a lot of kids.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information