Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Britney Spears announces hiatus to care for father after life-threatening illness

fgg

Default Britney Spears announces hiatus to care for father after life-threatening illness

Britney Spears announced on Friday she’s going on an “indefinite work hiatus” after her father suffered a life-threatening illness a few months ago. Her “Britney: Domination” launch run in Las Vegas will be on hold until further notice.

“I am dedicating my focus and energy to care for my family. We have a very special relationship and I want to be with my family at this time just like they have always been there for me,” she shared in her official statement. “Thank you to all my fans for your continued love and support during this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I look forward to the time when I can be back on stage performing for all of you.”

The 37-year-old pop star explained on Twitter that her father nearly died in the hospital.

“However, it’s important to always put your family first … and that’s the decision I had to make,” she tweeted. “A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We’re all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him.”

She continued, “I don’t even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say. I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart.”

Refunds to the show are available at point of purchase.

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/04/britn...ening-illness/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Damn him - now he is canceling her shows from his death bed, that greedy control freak!

(Just kidding - hope he gets better!)

This family has had their share of heartbreak, definitely. Hope he gets better soon.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm betting stroke. He looks like he would have a stroke.

If Jamie bites it, who will manage Britter's affairs?
    DawnM74, arie_skop and bootspaige like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

Jamie Spears, 66, was rushed to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas two months ago after his colon spontaneously ruptured, according to a press release. He was taken into surgery and spent 28 days in the hospital before being released to his home where he is “gaining strength and is expected to make a full recovery.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...dency-on-hold/
    Brookie and Waterslide like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Sounds like he is battling cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Jamie Spears, 66, was rushed to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas two months ago after his colon spontaneously ruptured, according to a press release. He was taken into surgery and spent 28 days in the hospital before being released to his home where he is “gaining strength and is expected to make a full recovery.”

How absolutely horrible.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

A ruptured colon? That's terrible. According to a brief google, it can be caused by inflammatory bowel disease, which is awful too.

Britney's made the right decision. She's very lucky she has the option to do it. I wish him the best.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Ruh roh
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Poor Brit Brit. I have such a soft spot for her. I wish him well. She still seems so fragile, I wouldn't want to see her lose him anytime soon.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Gold Member

There must be more to this story if the hospitalization happened a couple of months ago, he's now released and expected to make a full recovery. She's on Instagram in mid to late December still in rehearsals.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

it can cause sepsis, which can kill you. It ain’t no joke. I have a cousin who died from it following surgery (I think it was something “routine” too, like getting her gallbladder removed, & things went sideways during or after (I never did get the exact story). This was about 10 years ago. She was hospitalized, battling it for like two weeks (if I recall correctly) before she died from it. She was in her 50s.

My first guess was stroke, then I read what fgg posted and thought it was probably sepsis. I mean, you really don't want the contents of your colon spilling inside you, besides the pain.

Holly, I'm sorry about your cousin - what a horrible and painful thing to endure.
    holly likes this.

I love Britney and only wish the best for her and her family.
    mopar and needmeds like this.

Poor Mr. Spears. I hope he recovers soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information