Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Ka-ching, Tara Reid Sues ‘Sharknado’ Producers for $100 Million

Default Ka-ching, Tara Reid Sues ‘Sharknado’ Producers for $100 Million

Tara Reid Sues ‘Sharknado’ Producers for $100 Million Over Slot Machines

December 7, 2018 at 6:12 am PST

Tara Reid is accusing the producers of “Sharknado” of making a killing off her face by licensing her image for slot machines without her permission, and now the actress is fishing for $100 million in damages.

On December 6, the actress sued Asylum Entertainment and SYFY Media Productions, and according to documents, accuses them of false endorsement and misappropriation of celebrity likeness.

Reid believes the defendants wrongfully licensed the rights to use her likeness, which they do not own, to “manufacturers of slot machines, gambling products and beer makers, who in turn have marketed their product with her likeness, and continue to wrongfully trade and profit therefrom.”

Reid explains she has starred in all the “Sharknado” movies since 2013 and each has been produced by Asylum Entertainment and published by SYFY Media. The actress claims they licensed her image to a third party without her consent and made million in profits off the gaming machines.

She claims her contract was very specific that her face could not be used in “Sharknado” promotional material if it related to tobacco, gambling, hygiene or sexual products.

Reid is demanding a jackpot of no less than $100 million in damages for the breaches of their deal and an injunction prohibiting from her face continuing to be used on the machines and products.

https://theblast.com/tara-reid-shark...chine-lawsuit/

Who can I sue for pummeling my tender mind with Hiltons, Kardashians, and this dumb trick?
    tulip, A*O, Waterslide and 4 others like this.

She should consider herself lucky that anyone wants to hire her at all. Besides, it's not like she is the epitome of class and grace or anything, so her face being used on a slot machine is hardly detrimental to her stellar reputation.
    DawnM74 likes this.

czb

^^^that may be true, but her image is still hers. If she is correct about the clause in ber contract, then the producers/asylum is wrong.

Well I suppose at this point it's (suing) easier for her than getting work.
    Beeyotch, holly, DawnM74 and 2 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^that may be true, but her image is still hers. If she is correct about the clause in ber contract, then the producers/asylum is wrong.
    I agree. But $100m? Good luck with that. I'm sure no one expected Sharknado to become such a thing when the contract was signed, but she's still entitled to whatever licensing fees are standard in the industry.

I also agree she's lucky to have had the job because I doubt she could headline a car dealership opening at this point in her career.
    holly, DawnM74, Mivvi21 and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

^^^ agree about the amount. but probably they went for high $$ because she knows it will be negotiated down.

I work around these gigantic slot machines. To be fair, she is very noticeable on them, as well as Ian Z whatever his name is
    Trixie likes this.

^ Well then that confirms she is probably entitled to something. I wonder if Ian Z is being paid?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

man, if she can bag anything close to $100M, she is much better off than any earning she can get for the rest of her career assuming logical diminishing returns of a legal nature.
    DawnM74 likes this.

She should get paid but I can't get past the making a killing on her face comment. She's already killed her face.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Eh, I'm sure they went for $100m knowing full well that it would be vastly negotiated down closer to $30-$40 I would assume. If they are using her image in breech of her contract I'd say she has a case. If her contact said NO to gambling and they sold her image to someone else they are at fault.

I'm no legal expert, just a regular mom, so what do I really know?

She claims her contract was very specific that her face could not be used in “Sharknado” promotional material if it related to tobacco, gambling, hygiene or sexual products.
    Seems appropriate.
    weathered1, holly, DawnM74 and 2 others like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

hygiene or sexual products
    hmmm...the mind wanders...

Sharknado/April's Eve Feminine Hygiene Douche!

Sharknado/April's Vibrating Saw-Hand sex toy!
    DawnM74 and SHELLEE like this.

I think she's safe here. No one's buying a douche with her face on it. Count on that.

But yeah if IZ is getting paid for his mug being used then I suppose she deserves some crack money of her own to blow.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information