Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Robert De Niro splits from his wife

Default Robert De Niro splits from his wife

Robert De Niro’s shock split from wife

The Hollywood power couple have quietly parted ways after more than three decades together.

Robert De Niro and his wife of over 20 years, Grace Hightower have split.

A source close to the couple confirmed that they are no longer living together, the New York Post reports.

We hear that they’re expected to potentially announce their breakup publicly in the coming weeks.

Said a friend: “They are not living together at this time.”

Social sources have noticed that Raging Bull star De Niro, 75, has been solo at events he’d usually attend with Hightower, 63, over the past months.

Said one source: “De Niro and Grace are breaking up. He’s been at a few things since the very end of the summer without her — and rumour has it they are done.”

De Niro was at a MoMA film benefit on Monday night to honour Martin Scorsese, along with Leo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill and Harvey Keitel.

De Niro and Hightower married in 1997 after dating for nearly a decade, and they have two young kids together. But this is not the first time the couple’s split up.

De Niro filed for divorce in 1999, two years into their marriage, and they reportedly had a custody battle over their son at the time until they smoothed out their troubles and the divorce did not proceed.

Instead, they then renewed their wedding vows in 2004 at a starry ceremony in the Catskills, in front of pals including Scorsese, Meryl Streep and De Niro’s Meet the Parents co-star Ben Stiller, which was catered by Nobu.

De Niro met Hightower — a former flight attendant for TWA — in 1987 when she was working at famed eatery Mr Chow in London.

She said of their early relationship in a 2013 New York Times profile: “It was an ease-in. It wasn’t a whirlwind.”

Since then, Hightower’s been a sometimes actor and singer, as well as a philanthropist and entrepreneur who founded the coffee line Coffee of Grace.

Oscar winner De Niro is also an entrepreneur who’s backed Nobu, the Tribeca Grill and the Greenwich Hotel.

He was married once before, to Diahnne Abbott.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...0a48754430bb49

Hmm. I know it's just a headline, but I feel like Grace Hightower split from him. I imagine that, like most actors, he must be very tiring to live with. On the other hand, I know jack squat about her, so who knows?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

that is a very bad wig she has on!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

He always appeared to have a lot of girlfriends. Maybe she got tired of it.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Twenty years together, for a Hollywood marriage that's pretty long.

Small bit of dish from someone I know who has repeatedly dealt with them is they both were very unpleasant and had to have their stupid picky whims be catered to, especially the wife, and this was tolerated only because his name helped a charity raise money.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Small bit of dish from someone I know who has repeatedly dealt with them is they both were very unpleasant and had to have their stupid picky whims be catered to, especially the wife, and this was tolerated only because his name helped a charity raise money.
    That's the impression I've always gotten, too. They're both exhausting and she got away with a lot of crap behavior because of being married to him. I wish I could remember more details, but it's been years since I heard the stories.

they always seem to get back together though.

off topic but i love his hotel. not that i've stayed there but one of my best friends always does and i've hung out there and it's one of the most beautiful hotels i've ever been in, small and boutiquey and luxurious but in a very cozy way.
    Waterslide and palta like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    they always seem to get back together though.

off topic but i love his hotel. not that i've stayed there but one of my best friends always does and i've hung out there and it's one of the most beautiful hotels i've ever been in, small and boutiquey and luxurious but in a very cozy way.
    Had to google some pics...wish I was there right now. It's actually hard to believe it's a hotel - a lot of it looks like a very chic person's home.

https://www.thegreenwichhotel.com/social/
    sputnik and BITTER like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

That’s exactly why I love it. All the furniture is different, none of those hotel matching sets, and each room is decorated differently too. There are antiques and vintage pieces and a ton of his dad’s paintings and drawings.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's cool he has his father's stuff in there. And I loved not just the views, but even the windows themselves. I could get used to living that life. Sigh.

oh the hotel looks beautiful! it's probably super expensive.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

He's always been odd. Great actor, but odd. He loves black women too. I think most, if not all of his girlfriends and wives, have been African-American. He asked Whitney Houston out when she was young and hot. He asked for Beyonce to sing at that TV tribute they had for him a few years ago (she was patently awful), and briefly dated Beverly Johnson, Naomi Campbell and a few others.
    NickiDrea likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    That building looks amazing.
    Loved the courtyard!
    sputnik likes this.

That hotel is beautiful!I wouldnt use bamboo furniture at all,maybe nice english chintz covers on wooden armchairs..But every detail is just perfect!
    sputnik likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information