Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Casey Kasem's kids killed him, says wife. Wife killed him, say kids.

Default Casey Kasem's kids killed him, says wife. Wife killed him, say kids.

I think we all can agree that he's dead.

Casey Kasem's widow claims his three children from his first marriage conspired to kill him for his money - but they say SHE 'murdered' the radio legend

• Casey Kasem died in 2014 leaving behind an estate worth up to $100million
    • His widow and three grown children from first marriage fought over his care
    • Four years on, the feud continues with both sides blaming the other for his death

By KHALEDA RAHMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 09:46 EST, 20 November 2018 | UPDATED: 10:51 EST, 20 November 2018

DJ Casey Kasem's widow claims his three grown children conspired to kill him for his money but they blame her for his death.
    Jean Kasem, his second wife, alleges her late husband's children tricked their father into signing over power of attorney to them and are responsible for his death.
    But Kerri, Julie and Michael Kasem claim it was Jean's actions that led to the radio legend's death.
    And police in Gig Harbor, Washington, have reopened an investigation into Kasem's death after a private investigator hired by Jean concluded Kasem was a victim of homicide, according to 48 Hours.

It came after a private investigator hired by Jean concluded Kasem was a victim of homicide.

DJ Casey Kasem's widow Jean (pictured with Kasem in 2003) claims his three grown children conspired to kill him for his money but they blame her for his death

Kasem died from a Parkinson's-like disease on Father's Day in June 2014 at the age of 82, leaving behind an estate worth up to $100 million.
    He was best known as the host of music countdown show 'American Top 40' and as the voice of Shaggy in cartoon classic Scooby Doo.
    But towards the end of his life, his family made headlines as they fought over his estate and final resting place as well as accusing each side of contributing to his death.

Four years on, the family's ongoing feud is laid bare in an episode of 48 Hours that is set to air on Saturday.
    'They killed my husband, they killed their father,' Jean Kasem told correspondent Peter Van Sant.
    She claimed Kasem's grown children were only interested in their father's money and he eventually cut them off financially.

Casey Kasem (second from right) is pictured with his three children from his first marriage (from left) Michael, Kerri and Julie

Kasem's grown children claim it was Jean's actions that led to the radio legend's death. Pictured from left, Julie, Mouner, Kerri and Michael Kasem

'It was always about the money. We became the bank of Kasem. We were their personal ATM machine.'
    She maintains that Kasem's children were furious and it prompted them to conspire and plan his death.
    But the three children have made similar allegations against Jean.
    'Jean killed my father, what she did led to his death,' Kerri told 48 Hours.
    'The only thing she ever wanted from my dad is money. That's it.'
    Jean claims she moved her ailing husband from a rehab facility in Santa Monica to a friend's home in Silverdale, Washington, in order to protect him in his final days.
    But she says his children found him and forced him into a hospital, where he died after being taken off life support.
    A Los Angeles judge stripped Jean of decision-making authority over concerns about her decision to move Kasem from the medical facility to a friend's home.

Kasem (pictured in 1957) was best known as the host of music countdown show 'American Top 40' and as the voice of Shaggy in cartoon classic Scooby Doo

'What [Jean] did to my dad was elder abuse,' Julie told 48 Hours.
    She and her siblings filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Jean, accusing her of elder abuse and inflicting emotional distress on them by restricting access to their father before his death.
    She countersued, accusing them of the same.
    'I have never seen such hatred within a family,' Van Sant said, according to the New York Post.
    'Both sides tell credible, powerful stories, both proclaim their love for Casey and both blame the other and accuse the other of killing Casey and both use the word 'murder.'
    In another twist, Kasem's body was laid to rest in an unmarked grave in Norway.
    Jean won't reveal why the grave is unmarked, Van Sant says.
    Her only explanation for the choice of burial place is that her husband had expressed an interest in Norway although he had never visited.
    But his children claim it was done out of spite so they'd never be able to visit their father's grave.
    The Mysterious Death of Casey Kasem will air on CBS at 10pm ET on Sunday.

Read more:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6410273/Casey-Kasems-widow-accused-murdering-children.html
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I bet Shaggy and Scooby Doo could figure this out.

So who got all the money?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^^ The lawyers.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

They are STILL bickering?! Geez.
    sprynkles and HeartShapedBox like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Those pesky kids.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not better to die broke and alone. I wonder how much Kasey knew about the fighting.
    Daphodil likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Ah, family. Wonder if they're heading over to Jean's for Thanksgiving.

The next episode of 48 Hours Mystery on CBS will be about this story:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-...eath-48-hours/

Thanks for that link, Moongirl. What a mess.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Jean claims she moved her ailing husband from a rehab facility in Santa Monica to a friend's home in Silverdale, Washington, in order to protect him in his final days.
    But she says his children found him and forced him into a hospital, where he died after being taken off life support.
    A Los Angeles judge stripped Jean of decision-making authority over concerns about her decision to move Kasem from the medical facility to a friend's home.
    Sorry, Jean, but you don't come off as being all that concerned about your sick husband's welfare. He had better care and more protection in a facility with professionals who were specially trained to take care of him. The children were right to send him to the hospital. He probably needed to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Those pesky kids.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not better to die broke and alone. I wonder how much Kasey knew about the fighting.
    if i were rich and my money-grubbing spouse and kids were fighting over my money while i was still alive, i would play them all off against each other trying to be the most deserving of my cash, and then leave it all to an animal charity anyway, with a video message telling all parties to suck it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I would leave it to a small dog named "Snuggles".

didn't leona helmsley - aka 'the queen of mean' - try to leave millions to her two cats?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    didn't leona helmsley - aka 'the queen of mean' - try to leave millions to her two cats?
    I just looked it up - she left most of her multi-billion fortune to a charitable trust, but did leave $12 Million to "Trouble" her Maltese dog.

Just in case someone hasn't seen it before, below is the infamous Casey Kasem raveout over "Snuggles":

^ that recording never gets old! (unlike Kasem)
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information