Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Kim Porter, Diddy's ex, found dead at 47

Default Kim Porter, Diddy's ex, found dead at 47

Kim Porter, the model and actress who dated Diddy for 13 years, was found dead Thursday at her L.A. area home ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us they got a call to Porter's Toluca Lake home around noon. According to emergency dispatch audio the call came in as a patient in cardiac arrest.

A source connected to Kim tells us she'd been suffering flu-like symptoms, and possibly pneumonia, for several weeks, but it's still unclear what exactly caused her death. Another source says Kim had contacted her doctor just yesterday complaining she wasn't feeling any better.

Diddy and Kim's relationship spanned more than a decade with several breakups and makeups. They started dating in 1994 and broke up, for the last time, in 2007.

Kim and Diddy have 3 children together -- twin girls Jessie James and D'Lila were born in 2006, and she had their son, Christian Combs, in 1998. She also has a son, Quincy, from her previous relationship with Al B. Sure!.

The whole family was last together, in public, supporting Quincy at last month's premiere for his movie, "The Holiday Calendar."

Kim worked as both a model and an actress, and she made appearances on Diddy's show, "I Want to Work for Diddy."

Diddy's rep Cindi Berger tells us, "Sadly, I can confirm the passing of Kim Porter. I ask that you give the families privacy at this time."

Kim was 47.

RIP

Diddy's Ex-Girlfriend, Mother of His Kids, Kim Porter Dead at 47 | TMZ.com
    Waterslide and twitchy2.0 like this.

If there's a mod out there, can you delete my thread? I searched before I posted, but it took me too long to take out all the excess spaces. Kim Porter, Diddy's Ex, Found Dead at 47

I thought this was pretty strange. I feel bad for the kids. If she was suffering from pneumonia, that's a shame, because pneumonia doesn't fuck around.
    DawnM74 and Honeythorn like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It is kind of strange. Her twins are still pretty young, as is the son, actually - they must be in shock.

So sad.

Why is it that celebrities are regularly dying when they have pneumonia (Brittany Murphy and her husband come to mind first)? Is it that common to pass from it?

Sad either way.

That's horrible.

Please get your flu shot.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Pneumonia can down anyone, but it usually affects people who are somehow weakened to begin with. However, some times people leave it untreated and think it will just get better when it doesn't. And once you get it, it's easy to get again.

I don't know about Kim Porter, but Brittany Murphy seemed to have other health issues and other possible factors that could have contributed to her dying.
    czb likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I've never had pneumonia, but I've had walking pneumonia at least twice and I felt like I was dying. Pneumonia is at least 10 times worse.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Yes, walking pneumonia was one of the most painful illnesses I've ever had and it got worse before it got better. It felt like my lungs had been doing sit-ups for days.

Lipstick Alley is going nucking futs.
    bootspaige and Honeythorn like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

I'm completely guessing... but I have a feeling that she maybe had a heart infection or underlying heart issue no one knew about likely.
    My husband went from feeling like he had a cold to the CICU fast at 30 with a heart infection, enlarged heart causing a heart attack and heart failure.
    Waterslide likes this.

^^^ My doctor (he just retired, I was his patient for 30 years) was always fast and loose with prescriptions. He had no problem writing me a script for opioids (I have a *really* bad back, among other things) but damnit, he was psychotic about not taking NyQuil or any other OTC drugs like that with alcohol because it can easily (his word) cause cardiac arrest. I think it represses your breathing (where are you Ms. Dark?). I wonder if she was trying to self medicate before she could get in to see her doctor. Although as others have attested, pneumonia is not something you'd be putting off seeing your doctor about.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Yes, walking pneumonia was one of the most painful illnesses I've ever had and it got worse before it got better. It felt like my lungs had been doing sit-ups for days.
    I've had pleurisy several times and that's right up there with pneumonia pain. Except with pleurisy, you'd feel fine then move the wrong way and it was like soul sucking immortal pain. With walking pneumonia, the pain was pretty constant.
    bootspaige and Waterslide like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I'm getting my flu shot this weekend.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

^Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ My doctor (he just retired, I was his patient for 30 years) was always fast and loose with prescriptions. He had no problem writing me a script for opioids (I have a *really* bad back, among other things) but damnit, he was psychotic about not taking NyQuil or any other OTC drugs like that with alcohol because it can easily (his word) cause cardiac arrest. I think it represses your breathing (where are you Ms. Dark?). I wonder if she was trying to self medicate before she could get in to see her doctor. Although as others have attested, pneumonia is not something you'd be putting off seeing your doctor about.

I've had pleurisy several times and that's right up there with pneumonia pain. Except with pleurisy, you'd feel fine then move the wrong way and it was like soul sucking immortal pain. With walking pneumonia, the pain was pretty constant.
    From what I understand yes, that's what happens - your breathing is depressed. I'm not super paranoid about medications except when it comes to cold medications. I've known of people who died in their 20s from mixing up cold meds and it scares the hell out of me.

My friend had pleurisy and she said it was terrifying. I can't even imagine.

And I'm not in any way trying to put blame on Kim, especially since when you're that sick you don't know which way is up, but it sounds like she should have gone into the hospital when she'd called her doctor the day before. Look at me trying to be all medical and diagnosing someone I don't know from thousands of miles away...but my point is that with pneumonia it will hit you like a ton of bricks when you think you're just battling a bad URI.
    twitchy2.0 and lindsaywhit like this.

Elite Member

Sad! She is so young, her poor kids. It’s reckless for the media to speculate how she died.

I feel so sorry for her and her kids. Obviously she didn't realise she had pneumonia and that it can be a killer. RIP.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information