Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade welcome first child via surrogate

fgg

Default Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade welcome first child via surrogate

Surprise!

Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade have welcomed their first child together, a baby girl, via surrogate. The Miami Heat basketball player announced the news on Instagram on Thursday.

“🎵 When i wake up in the morning’ love And the sunlight hurts my eyes And somethin’ without warnin’ love Bears heavy on my mind Then i look at you And the worlds alright with me Just one look at you And i know it’s gonna be A lovely day!” he began the caption, quoting Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day.” “We are sleepless and delirious but so excited to share that, our miracle baby, arrived last night via surrogate and 11/7 will forever be etched in our hearts as the most loveliest of all the lovely days.

“Welcome to the party sweet girl! #onelastdance @gabunion ❤️ ♥️ ♥️”

The “Being Mary Jane” star, 46, also shared the news on her Instagram page.

While this is the couple’s first child, 36-year-old Wade is also father to sons Zaire, 16, and Zion, 11, from his previous marriage to Siohvaughn Funches. He also has a third child, Xavier, from a previous relationship. He also takes care of his 17-year-old nephew, Dahveon Morris.

https://pagesix.com/2018/11/08/gabri...via-surrogate/
    dowcat likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Congrats to them.
    fgg likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm happy for her, reading her struggles was heartbreaking.

Good for them. I didn't even know that they were using a surrogate. I assumed that they were going to adopt.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

fgg

Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union’s baby name revealed

The newest addition to the Union-Wade household has a name.

After announcing last week that he and wife Gabrielle Union had welcomed a baby girl via surrogate, basketball player Dwyane Wade revealed his newborn daughter’s name: Kaavia James Union Wade.

The father of four, 36, was so excited about the birth of his first child with Union that he got her name tattooed on his shoulders while she was still in utero.

“#TBT Goes back to that one night in China when i decided to get my daughters name tattooed on me. Kaavia James Union Wade! #paternityleave,” Wade captioned a picture of his new ink on Instagram.

Wade is also father to sons Zaire, 16, Zion, 11, and Xavier, 5, from two previous relationships. He also takes care of his 17-year-old nephew, Dahveon Morris.

First-time mom Union, 46, clearly has her hands full with little Kaavia: Earlier this week, she revealed on Instagram that she has barely showered, brushed her teeth or slept since welcoming her daughter.

https://pagesix.com/2018/11/15/dwyan...name-revealed/

Kah-vee-yuh?
    Kay-vhy-ah?
    Kaaaaa.... Why the extra a?
    fgg, Brando and Angeli like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I assumed it was an ethnic name, and was spelled that way originally?

It sounds like a type of cheese.

Popsugar and its investigative reporting got to the bottom of all this:

Meaning of Kaavia and How to Pronounce the Name

Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union’s Daughter Kaavia Has a Beautiful Name — Here’s How to Say It

November 16, 2018by ALESSIA SANTORO
    172 Shares

View On One Page
    Start Slideshow

← USE ARROWS KEYS →

On Nov. 15, over a week after welcoming a baby girl via surrogate, Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade shared their newborn's name with the world: Kaavia James Union Wade(Gabrielle later revealed that James was chosen to honor her godfather, her Uncle James). However, there's been some question as to how to pronounce the beautiful baby's first name, so we're here to — attempt to — help (that is, until either mom or dad confirms how they're saying it for sure).
    It seems as though the name has two different pronunciations on the internet — one in which the beginning of the name is emphasized and one in which the end is.

1. One pronunciation puts emphasis on the start of the name and sounds like KAHV-yuh.
    2. The second puts emphasis on the end of the name and sounds like kah-VIA.

Either way, the name — which appears to have an Indian origin and means "full of imagination" — is absolutely gorgeous.
    See a few of Kaavia James's first photos ahead.

Last edited by Waterslide; November 16th, 2018 at 06:12 PM.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It sounds like some sort of sweetener.
    Waterslide and Angeli like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Stevia made from the Kaavia fruit.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Kaviar?
    -

fgg

Gabrielle Union Explains How to Pronounce Daughter’s Name — and Reveals Her ‘102 Nicknames’

Gabrielle Union is giving her fans a lesson on how to pronounce her daughter’s first name!

Just two days after Dwyane Wade revealed their baby girl’s unique moniker — Kaavia James Union Wade — the actress, 46, shared her own crystal clear phonetic guide.

“Just greazzzy and happy. That is all,” she wrote on Instagram, alongside a sweet shot that showed her smiling while cradling her bundle of joy.

“@kaaviajames pronounced Kah-Vee-Uh James,” she explained, before revealing just a few of her daughter’s whopping number of nicknames: “She has 102 nicknames including but not limited to Kaav, Kaavi, Kaavi Baby, Kaavi J, Jamie, KJ, Nugget, Nug, Pooters.”

Explaining the thought process behind her daughter’s moniker, Union shared that “James” is a family name.

“We wanted to include my family in her name so that ‘James’ is from my uncle James Francis Glass who is also my grandfather,” she wrote, adding that “Union is her middle name.”

Alluding to her own struggles with fertility, she added, “I’ve waited this long so fo sho I was gonna get in there.”

On Saturday, Union also documented an “infant CPR class” she and Wade took with their entire family.

“Make sure you know how to save each other. CPR saves lives,” Union wrote alongside a shot of the whole family practicing their techniques on baby dolls.

Wade is also a father to sons Xavier Zechariah, 5, Zion Malachi Airamis, 11, and Zaire Blessing Dwyane, 16. (He also raises nephew Dahveon Morris, 17.)

Choosing a unique way to announce their daughter’s name, the big reveal came when Wade shared a throwback photo of his shoulders. Why? Because he got a tattoo of Kaavia’s name.

“#TBT Goes back to that one night in China when i decided to get my daughter’s name tattooed on me. Kaavia James Union Wade! #paternityleave,” the NBA star captioned the snapshot.

Wade, 36, and Union announced Kaavia’s birth via surrogate on Nov. 8. The baby girl was born Nov. 7.

The couple shared their surprise baby news on Instagram alongside a set of family photos from the hospital.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...165751001.html

“We wanted to include my family in her name so that ‘James’ is from my uncle James Francis Glass who is also my grandfather,” she wrote
    I think I know what she meant, but I still had to laugh.

I like the name Kaavia. Congrats!

I don’t like the name. Then again, it sounds like a typical name you’d hear in the city where I live, so it’s whatever.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

fgg

How Gabrielle Union picked her surrogate

After Gabrielle Union welcomed her daughter via surrogate in secrecy, she’s opening up about the process.

On the surrogacy journey before she and husband Dwyane Wade welcomed Kaavia James Union Wade in November, the “L.A.’s Finest” actress recalled her first priority in choosing who would carry her child was a woman who shared her love of reading.

“Some people care about the race, religion or food habits of their surrogate. I was like, ‘I want a reader.’” the 46-year-old explained in an interview with Women’s Health, remembering “She said, ‘I love the smell of the pages,’” and that sealed the deal.

Still, she says she considered not being able to carry her own child “surrendering to failure” following multiple miscarriages. She revealed her struggle with fertility in her 2018 memoir “We’re Going to Need More Wine.”

“There’s nothing more that I wanted than to cook my own baby,” she said.

But now, Union is ready to tackle motherhood on her own terms.

“I’ve seen it. I’ve done it. I’ve done it well,” she said having helped raise Wade’s teenage sons and nephew. “Now I’m in the right mindset and mental space, and I’m open to being the best mom I can be.”

And even though Union comes off as the most confident when giving motivational speeches or crushing a workout session, she was nervous about what other people would think of her alternative route to motherhood.

“I was like, ‘This is going to seem like the most Hollywood s–t ever. Will I be embraced as a mom?’ It’s terrifying,” she said but immediately felt the innate feeling of protectiveness of her daughter.

A few months after Kaavia has been in the Union-Wade home, the actress said she finds time for self-care with podcasts, alone time and reading, her morning workout and occasionally “eating what the hell I want and not thinking about it,” all while helping Kaavia grow up with just enough space to learn some lessons on her own.

“I want to instill in her morals, values,” she said. “And then I want to give her space to fill in those gaps, fall on her ass, and make mistakes. Get an F because she didn’t study. Pick the wrong dude. Pick the wrong friends and figure it out. I don’t want to be super judge-y.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/06/how-g...her-surrogate/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information