Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: David Beckham says his marriage is 'always hard work'

Default David Beckham says his marriage is 'always hard work'

'It's always hard work': David Beckham admits his marriage to Victoria is 'complicated' at times... as the couple continue to be plagued by split rumours

By STEPHEN MILTON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
    PUBLISHED: 20:41, 17 October 2018 | UPDATED: 10:38, 18 October 2018

David Beckham has admitted his relationship with wife Victoria is 'always hard work'.
    In a preview for his upcoming interview on Australian TV show The Sunday Project, the former soccer player said things become 'little more complicated' when two people have been married for a long time.
    'When you've been married for the amount of time that we have, it's always hard work,' David said in the teaser trailer. 'It becomes a little more complicated'.

+4

'It's always hard work': David Beckham has admitted his marriage to Victoria is 'complicated' at times... as the couple continue to be plagued by split rumours. Pictured together in late 2015

It comes weeks after David's absence from a Vogue magazine cover shoot featuring his family sparked rumours of trouble in paradise.

The cover image, which showed Victoria with the couple's four children - Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and Harper - seemingly presented her as a single mother.
    Back in June, unsubstantiated rumours circulated on social media that David and Victoria were heading for a divorce.

+4

No holding back: In a preview for his upcoming interview on Australian TV show The Sunday Project , the former soccer player (pictured) said things become 'little more complicated' when two people have been married for a long time

But the power couple were quick to dismiss the reports, with a spokesperson branding the speculation a 'crock of s**t'.
    After tying the knot in Ireland in 1999, David and Victoria have spent years defending the state of their relationship and denying claims they are on the brink of divorce.
    The couple, who began dating in early 1997, share four children - Brooklyn, 19, Romeo, 16, Cruz, 13, and seven year-old Harper.

'When you've been married for the amount of time that we have, it's always hard work': When veteran journalist Lisa Wilkinson (left) asked about his 19-year marriage, David (right) offered a surprisingly candid response

The David Beckham interview is the latest in a string of high-profile exclusives for veteran journalist Lisa Wilkinson, who joined The Sunday Project at the start of the year.
    Before defecting to Network Ten, she co-hosted Channel Nine's Today show for 10 years but resigned over a pay dispute in October 2017.
    The Sunday Project airs Sunday at 6:30pm on Network Ten in Australia

+4

Gossip: Back in June, unsubstantiated rumours circulated that David and Victoria were heading for a divorce. But the power couple were quick to dismiss the reports, with a spokesperson branding the speculation a 'crock of s**t'. Pictured during Paris Fashion Week

+4

Family ties: The couple, who began dating in early 1997 and married in Ireland two years later, share four children - Brooklyn, 19, Romeo, 16, Cruz, 13, and seven year-old Harper. The family are pictured at a fashion event in Los Angeles in April 2015

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6286049/David-Beckham-admits-marriage-Victoria-complicated-hard-work.html#comments

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I've been married for 24 years. I find it easier now than it used to be. We both know how the other person in going to react /say in a situation, we are financially stable, so there's no arguments over money, and we're really both just too tired to fucking fight.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I think when you stop working, that's when the trouble really starts but then again what would I know. I got divorced.
    palta and Shinola like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

It might get easier, if he stopped cheating on his wife all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I've been married for 24 years. I find it easier now than it used to be.
    I totally agree. I don't know what this guy is talking about. Something going on behind the scenes, obviously.

I think if your relationship is "hard work", you'd probably better get a divorce. I don't think relationships should be described as "work"
    Making compromises, sure. Getting out of your way to keep pieces together, dude, there's something wrong. (But probably stop cheating on your wife for starters)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Right? It probably would be easier if she would just be okay with him always cheating, lol.
    redcat and DawnM74 like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I would like to qualify my response slightly by saying that if Victoria Beckham walks around the house all the time with that same expression on her face, I would probably be saying marriage is hard work, too.

Iíve only been married seven years (6 last time) so maybe I donít get an opinion, but the first wasnít work because I wanted out before I ever said i do, my marriage now is frighteningly easy. Weíve only ever had one major issue and that was just a few weeks ago. Iím pretty sure itís settled without any issues, but since I got my way Iíll have to check in with him about in a few months and make sure thereís no resentment.
    cherrypye, tulip, DawnM74 and 2 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ Resentment is written all over Victoria's face.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I can't relate to Beckham's statement. Hub and I have been married a loooong time and I find it is a lot easier than it used to be. You have to really like each other and enjoy each other's company, be friends, and have the same goals. And treat each other well, don't be too clingy, be considerate and kind to each other, and don't take each other for granted. If you do all of that, things will most likely work out well.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^^Exactly. We used to fight all the time. Mainly, we were worried about hurting each others feelings, so we would build things up until they exploded. Obviously, we've been through marriage counseling a couple of times. We haven't had a major blow up in YEARS. I really don't remember how long ago. 10 years now maybe? If it's still hard work after 20 years, you will have unresolved issues.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Married at 21. Still actual friends who can have a good conversation and relate on the same level as we grew up in the same town and are the same age. Our oldest son is nearly 40.
    Jack I swear.

I guess I’m alone here. I find that marriage is hard work. At times it would be easy to lose my temper and blow up than to be calm and rational like an adult. We’ve been married 10 years, together 13, and we’re in our late 30’s. Four kids under 9, one with a disability, hard jobs and being exhausted all the time make marriage hard at times. We love each other and he’s amazing, but I wouldn’t say that marriage is easy. Maybe it will get easier as we get older but it ain’t easy now. That said, I wouldn’t choose anyone else to spend my life and time with.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I would say it’s sometimes easier (financially, job satisfaction, strong foundation) and sometimes much harder, but 21 years in, we have been through some really tough shit. I am in a season of feeling companionship and friendship toward him now instead of romantic love, so we are both working at this in different ways - him to make some changes I’ve wanted him to make for awhile, and me to find that desire and love again. We’re not willing to give up at this point because we have a child who’s headed off to college next year and who doesn’t need any more transition/change to deal with when that happens. Plus, friends and family all tell us the empty nest brought unexpected renewal and fun to their relationships. So we’re holding on and putting in the work, which is my long-winded way of saying I guess I can see where Beckham is coming from.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information