Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Dawn Wells, MaryAnn from "Gilligan's Island" Go Fund Me

Default Dawn Wells, MaryAnn from "Gilligan's Island" Go Fund Me

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...nations-broke/

‘Gilligan’s Island’ Star Dawn Wells Receives $188K After Friend Reveals She’s Broke

Dawn WellsOpens a New Window. is no longer broke! RadarOnline.com has learned the Gilligan’s Island star has received more than $188,000 in donations to her GoFundMe page.Opens a New Window.
    The happy news comes days after the 79-year-old actress’ longtime friend and hairdresser Dugg Kirkpatrick broke the news that she was in deep debt.

After starting the fund, Kirkpatrick said Wells was spending huge quantities on hospital bills and had lost most of her life savings. He added that she was facing IRS penalties at her old age, as well as medical bills totaling $194,000.
    Soon, fans and friendsOpens a New Window. chipped in with small and large amounts, to help the struggling star.
    After the donations poured in, and overwhelmed and extremely grateful Wells thanked her fans for keeping her going.

“I thought I was taking all the proper steps to ensure my golden years,” she wrote in an emotional Facebook postOpens a New Window.. “Now, here I am, no family no husband, no kids and no money. I’m grateful that God has given me so many friends and fans who care.”

That’s sad.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Vouch!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

She can sell her coconut cream pies for extra money.
    MohandasKGanja and Waterslide like this.

I did find this really sad. I don't know what her money situation was like all these years, but no older person (or anyone for that matter, but especially people who can't even begin to support themselves) should have to be faced with that.
    Lalasnake, spiderpig and Trixie like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

actors get so screwed in royalties, especially back in the day.
    Waterslide and gas_chick like this.

Bronze Member

this is really sad but great she is being helped....it's even sadder though if you imagine if she wasn't Mary Anne and didn't have the public profile (and associated public empathy/sympathy) to make a go fund me even work..... she'd end up just another anonymous beggar on the street avoided by most.... and by the sound of it good ol' health care seemed to play a big part in it all.....but move along folks, you don't need public health care, it'll cost the economy too much.....the endless and bottomless fund for bombs to drive foreign brown people into submissiveness (for cheaper consumer goods and control?) is obviously far far more important. [sigh]
    Beeyotch, czb, Trixie and 1 others like this.

That reminds me - this past week, a former coworker of mine emailed me and said his cancer had returned (he had colon cancer in the past), and told me he had set up a GoFundMe account. I'm going to try to donate something today.
    Waterslide, Kittylady and Brookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I did find this really sad. I don't know what her money situation was like all these years, but no older person (or anyone for that matter, but especially people who can't even begin to support themselves) should have to be faced with that.
    You are so right. 20 years ago I worked with a woman in her 50s who had to file bankruptcy over her dying husband's medical bills. Of course the major corporation, which shall not be named, fired her for no particular reason except the CEO didn't like her.

Bahstads. I hate them to this day.
    Brookie and Waterslide like this.

Ugh. I hate hearing stories like that but they're way too common. It's so fucked up.
    spiderpig likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I wasn't trying to be glib with my comment about her making coconut cream pies. I was skimming this thread while at work and actually thought this news was one of those internet rumors. Them I came back and read it again today and my heart breaks for her.

It seems lots of actors from shows of that era got screwed out of their royalties.

I'm glad she got help.
    spiderpig likes this.

Apparently, none of the women from "Facts of Life" got royalties/residuals. I didn't realize it was on the air for nine seasons, too. You would think you have a little leverage for something like that when your show goes on that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I wasn't trying to be glib with my comment about her making coconut cream pies. I was skimming this thread while at work and actually thought this news was one of those internet rumors. Them I came back and read it again today and my heart breaks for her.

It seems lots of actors from shows of that era got screwed out of their royalties.

I'm glad she got help.
    I thought your comment was funny. I just get heated when we I see the words "debt" and "medical", but I was still laughing about the pies because on that show so many things were saved by the presence of coconuts.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Apparently, none of the women from "Facts of Life" got royalties/residuals. I didn't realize it was on the air for nine seasons, too. You would think you have a little leverage for something like that when your show goes on that long.
    That sucks. I did not know that and they gave up (at least partly) their teenage years for that shit and were constantly on crazy diets and told they were fat, etc. And yet George Clooney went on to be George Clooney...
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Gilligan's Island star Dawn Wells - "MARY ANN!"

estate sale•3 day sale •10 days away
    Dates
    Sat
    Oct 6
    7am to 3pm

Sun
    Oct 7
    7am to 3pm

Mon
    Oct 8
    7am to 3pm

Description & Details

We have the sincere pleasure of hosting a downsizing sale for Ms. Dawn Wells, best known for her role as "Mary Ann" on the iconic television show GILLIGAN'S ISLAND.
    We will have photos posted as soon as we complete our staging.
    Thank you for your patience...
    This is a sale that should not be missed!

Favorite Sale
    Ask a Question

More photos of her junk at website. https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Valle.../91607/2013612

Oh, the poor dear. I hope she makes enough to give her some comfort. (I have that garden cart. )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information