Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Michelle Williams (actress) secretly marries musician Phil Elverum

Elite Member

Default Michelle Williams (actress) secretly marries musician Phil Elverum

Michelle Williams' secret wedding revealed! Blue Valentine star married musician Phil Elverum after just months together and says she 'never gave up on love' after Heath Ledger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5996261/Michelle-Williams-reveals-secretly-married-musician-Phil-Elverum.html

By Tracy Wright For Dailymail.com
    Published: 02:47 AEST, 27 July 2018 | Updated: 07:39 AEST, 27 July 2018

Michelle Williams has surprised fans by revealing she is married to musician Phil Elverum.

The Blue Valentine actress, 37, exchanged vows in a top secret ceremony witnessed by a handful of friends in the Adirondack Mountains, she told Vanity Fair.

Both their daughters were present; she has a 12-year-old daughter Matilda from her relationship with the late Heath Ledger and he has a 3-year-old daughter from his first marriage.

She called her bond with Elverum 'very sacred and very special' .

She said: 'I never gave up on love. I always say to Matilda, 'Your dad loved me before anybody thought I was talented, or pretty, or had nice clothes.''

Michelle is heavily guarded about her privacy and has rarely spoken about her personal life, including her three-year romance with Ledger.

Michelle Williams seen at the MET Gala in May.

Musician: Phil, of the indie rock groups The Microphones and Mount Eerie, was previously married to Canadian musician Geneviève Castrée for 13 years before she died from inoperable pancreatic cancer in 2016.

'Obviously I've never once in my life talked about a relationship,' she said. 'But Phil isn't anyone else. And that's worth something.

'Ultimately the way he loves me is the way I want to live my life on the whole. I work to be free inside of the moment. I parent to let Matilda feel free to be herself, and I am finally loved by someone who makes me feel free.'

Williams hopes that by opening up about her life, she may help others who are going through similar tragedies.

Phil on stage in 2013.

'I don't really want to talk about any of it,' she said. 'But there's that tease, that lure, that's like, 'What if this helps somebody? What if somebody who has always journeyed in this way, who has struggled as much as I struggled, and looked as much as I looked, finds something that helps them?'

'Don't settle. Don't settle for something that feels like a prison, or is hard, or hurts you. If it doesn't feel like love, it's not love.'

While the My Week with Marilyn star has maintained a fiercely private life, it was revealed in January that Williams received nearly one-tenth of one percent what her co-star Mark Wahlberg received for reshoots of her film All the Money in the World.

After news broke of the incredible pay disparity, Wahlberg donated his entire re shoot salary to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund.

'A private humiliation,' she said, 'became a public turning point.'

Michelle fueled engagement rumors earlier this year when she was spotted wearing a massive engagement ring while on holiday with Andrew Youmans.

Phil, of the indie rock groups The Microphones and Mount Eerie, was previously married to Canadian musician Geneviève Castrée for 13 years before she died from inoperable pancreatic cancer in 2016.

Lost love: Michelle is heavily guarded about her privacy and has rarely spoken about her personal life, including her three-year romance with Ledger; seen in 2006

The Adirondacks!!!!!! My life, my love! I got married in the Adks! I wonder where??

I adore Michelle and I'm so happy she's been able to find peace with everything. I've always respected how tightly guarded she's been about everything for Matilda's sake.

Congrats to the couple - lovely news.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Hmm. It would be nice if she said something loving about Phil too. He's obviously been through a lot himself. This statement is all "me, me, me."
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Hmm. It would be nice if she said something loving about Phil too. He's obviously been through a lot himself. This statement is all "me, me, me."
    True, tho to be fair we don’t know what she was asked nor everything she said, only what the publication chose to include. She’s the star and he’s not so they may have chosen to focus on her
    sputnik likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

^ Yeah, I'm thinking she was probably responding to being basically asked if she loved Phil as much as Heath, or if she feels she has finally been able to let Heath go, or blah, blah, blah. I really liked what she said.
    faithanne and Tati like this.

It’s the daily fail cherry picking quotes from the actual profile, which is very good.
    lindsaywhit, Novice and Sassiness like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

Michelle Williams Spotted With New Husband Phil Elverum for the First Time

Her smile says it all!

Michelle Williams has been spotted out with her new husband, Phil Elverum, for the first time since their surprise wedding over the summer. The couple looked very much in love while antique shopping in upstate New York over the weekend. Photos show the 40-year-old indie rock musician and Mount Eerie singer kissing the 38-year-old Dawson's Creek alum's hand as they walked alongside each other.

The couple's marriage was revealed in a Vanity Fair report in July, which stated that the two met through a mutual friend and married in a secret ceremony in the Adirondacks in upstate New York.

The publication also added that the couple's nuptials were only witnessed by a handful of friends and their kids. Williams has a daughter Matilda, 12, from her relationship with the late Heath Ledger. Elverum also has a daughter named Agathe, 3. While Williams lost Ledger in 2008, Elverum's wife Geneviève Castrée died of pancreatic cancer in 2016. Over the summer, Elverum and Agathe moved from Washington to Brooklyn to live with Williams and Matilda.

"I never gave up on love," Williams told Vanity Fair. "I always say to Matilda, 'Your dad loved me before anybody thought I was talented, or pretty, or had nice clothes.'"

"Obviously I've never once in my life talked about a relationship," she said, "But Phil isn't anyone else. And that's worth something. Ultimately the way he loves me is the way I want to live my life on the whole. I work to be free inside of the moment. I parent to let Matilda feel free to be herself, and I am finally loved by someone who makes me feel free."

According to Us Weekly, the couple's daughters joined them on their antique outing on Saturday.

"They were happy and laid back," an eyewitness told the outlet of Williams and Elverum. "They were very affectionate with one another."

https://www.eonline.com/news/971385/...the-first-time

pic at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

In upstate NY again, I wonder where he/she has a home up there - nosey minds must know!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Hope it works out for her.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    In upstate NY again, I wonder where he/she has a home up there - nosey minds must know!
    Many city folks are buying “country homes” in the Catskills and the Adirondacks.

Her yellow dress from 2006 with Heath has always been a favorite of mine.
    Witchywoman, sputnik and czb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Hope it works out for her.
    And for him.

Upstate New York is gorgeous. I love it there - lived for a brief time in Glens Falls.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; September 27th, 2018 at 07:10 PM.
    rollo likes this.

My aunt lived up there. It was fab.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

fgg

Actress Michelle Williams and Phil Elverum separate

Less than a year after they secretly wed, Michelle Williams and musician Phil Elverum have split up.

The couple, who quietly wed in front of friends and family last summer, have separated, reports People.

“Michelle and Phil separated at the beginning of the year. It was an amicable spilt and they remain friends,” a source told the mag.

The “Fosse/Verdon” star, 38, has reportedly been spotted without her wedding ring during recent public outings.

Williams is mother to a 12-year-old daughter, Matilda, from her relationship to the late actor Heath Ledger. Elverum, 40, has a 3-year-old daughter from his first marriage.

Williams revealed that she married the musician, who mainly records under the name Mount Eerie, in a Vanity Fair cover story last July.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/19/actre...erum-separate/

that was quick, dang!
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information