Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Detained by Police After Domestic Dispute on Plane

fgg

Default Jonathan Rhys Meyers Detained by Police After Domestic Dispute on Plane

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Detained by Police After Domestic Dispute on Plane

It appears Jonathan Rhys Meyers may not have been the best passenger this flight.

Los Angeles World Airport Police confirm to E! News that they received a call at 8 p.m. local time Sunday about a passenger smoking from a vape pen on board a flight from Miami to Los Angeles.

According to police, passengers on board the flight allegedly saw the actor verbally arguing with his wife before standing up to grab his vape pen. Soon after, passengers told authorities that he began openly smoking the vape in the cabin.

American Airlines flight attendants asked the actor to stop. According to police, Jonathan listened to their demands and stopped smoking. The flight attendants, however, still contacted officers upon landing.

Authorities spoke with Jonathan at the gate and ultimately determined that no crime had been committed. As a result, he was released.

A rep for American Airlines also confirmed to E! News that two individuals were engaged in a domestic dispute. Due to the nature of the argument, the company requested law enforcement meet the flight.

E! News has reached out to Jonathan's team for comment.

Fans of the Hollywood actor know that Jonathan has struggled in years pasts with drugs and alcohol. In fact, his wife Mara Lane previously opened up about his health battles.

"Depression is a real concern from past abuse as well as alcoholism which he was born with," she wrote on Instagram. "He has been able to turn any ugliness and hurt in his life into art and is the strongest person I know."

This weekend's incident comes just a couple of weeks before Jonathan's new film Damascus Cover hits theatres. The movie received an award for Best Movie and Best Actor at the Boston Film Festival.

TMZ was first to report the news.

https://www.eonline.com/news/950375/...spute-on-plane
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He is a fucking goddamn mess.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

He also has quite the repertoire of crazy facial expressions - he's almost like that runaway bride:

He looks creepy as hell!

Time for some jailcation maybe?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

He's such a fug. She's way too pretty for him.
    AtiaOfTheJulii and Honeythorn like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I saw a couple of episodes of him in "The Tudors" and thought he was pretty good. He had the kind of look of someone who would have his exes beheaded.
    Annika, sparkles, LaFolie and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I saw a couple of episodes of him in "The Tudors" and thought he was pretty good. He had the kind of look of someone who would have his exes beheaded.
    That's pretty much my thinking about him. Completely off kilter even back when that show was on.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

He really needs a ghetto fab ass kickin.
    BITTER, Waterslide and greysfang like this.

He used to be hot, before booze wrecked his looks.

Why in fuck can't anything this exciting happen on one of my Miami flights!
    BITTER, Mrs P, Waterslide and 1 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Jonathan Rhys Meyers got help for ‘anger issues’ before flight fight

Jonathan Rhys Meyers had been in South America seeking treatment for anger issues before he allegedly got into a domestic dispute during a flight on Sunday night.

Meyers’ wife, Mara Lane, posted on Instagram after she and her husband were detained by LAX police, apologizing for the incident and saying that the “Tudors” actor is struggling with personal issues.

“8 months of sobriety and an unfortunate day of airline travel. We were in South America specifically working holistically through anger issues that result in these kinds of episodes. When in it… he is not in a frame of mind where he can really even comprehend the repercussions and necessary response to his own actions,” Lane captioned a photo of a motivational quote.

As Page Six previously reported, Meyers, who has battled alcohol addiction for years, was detained following his flight from Miami to Los Angeles after he allegedly got into a verbal altercation onboard, which a representative for American Airlines categorized as a “domestic dispute” with Lane. Because there wasn’t any physical component to the fight, LAX police released Meyers and chastised him for taking out his vape pen.

“J IS extremely sorry for any inconveniences caused to anyone traveling yesterday. There was no argument, just me asking him to not use his e cig per stewardess’ request to me and him not being himself, speaking very very unkindly. It was out of his character.”

Lane claimed she was unaware of “anything that happened” on the flight, as she was with her “son with a privacy wall up.”

She wrote that Meyers regretted his actions.

“We are home safe and he is feeling deeply sorry for any remote disrespect afforded to me, attendants, onlookers or officers,” she added. “Thank you for your compassion on this ongoing battle with addiction we are in.”

Meyers has not commented on the incident.

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/10/jonat...estic-dispute/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

"in South America seeking treatment for anger issues" = "did too much Ayahuasca"
    Mrs P, Lalasnake, MsDark and 1 others like this.

OCD

Flying to South America to work holistically on anger issues? Excuses, excuses, excuses. Sometimes people are just assholes.
    BITTER, Angeli and holly like this.

There's no cure for being a cunt.
    BITTER, Mrs P, greysfang and 7 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

“8 months of sobriety and an unfortunate day of airline travel. We were in South America specifically working holistically through anger issues that result in these kinds of episodes. When in it… he is not in a frame of mind where he can really even comprehend the repercussions and necessary response to his own actions,” Lane captioned a photo of a motivational quote.
    Translation= He beats the shit out of me then says he can't remember, he's sorry and it won't ever happen again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information