Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Katherine Heigl apologizes for bizarre selfies at brotherís grave

Default Katherine Heigl apologizes for bizarre selfies at brotherís grave

Hollywood star Katherine Heigl is forced to apologise after posing for bizarre selfies while visiting her brother's grave

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 10:33 EDT, 25 June 2018 | UPDATED: 12:49 EDT, 25 June 2018

Katherine Heigl has apologized for a series of 'disrespectful' photos taken in a graveyard.

The actress took the images on Sunday as she visited the grave of her brother, who was just 16 when he died in a car accident in 1986.
    After stopping by the tomb of her late brother, the 39-year-old posed for a series of silly snaps in the cemetery with husband Josh Kelley, 38.

+6

Misfire: Katherine Heigl apologizes for being 'disrespectful' after jokingly posing with tombstones while visiting her brother's grave; she captioned this shot of an impressive monument, 'I also managed to get in a little gossip with the girls'

'I noticed on my Instagram page that the post I posted earlier was getting a lot of reaction, and I realized you guys are right.' Heigl said in a series of videos taken later in the day. 'It was not appropriate and it was disrespectful and I've taken it down.'
    She explained she had wanted to make the visit more lighthearted.

'Itís kind of a heavy thing to go and visit my loved ones' graves, and I decided to find some moments of levity and humor and didnít realize how inappropriate I was being.

+6

Heaven help her: The smiling actress also took a selfie 'with an impatient angel'

'I deeply apologize and I thank you guys for understanding that sometimes I donít think things through clearly enough and I am grateful for your input and for giving me a heads up when Iím maybe going too far.

'And thank you for forgiving me. Next time I will be more thoughtful about other peopleís feelings and not just my own.'

One of the images which angered fans showed Katherine sitting on a tall, white stone monument with larger than life-size weeping angels on either side of her. She captioned the shot: 'I also managed to get in a little gossip with the girls.'

And she also took a selfie 'with an impatient angel.'

Spooky coincidence: Katherine's musician husband, 38, was somewhat rattled to find his own stone in the graveyard

Joining Katherine on the visit was her musician husband Josh, who posed up with a stone baring his own last name.
    Wrote Katherine: '[He] found his own grave...which was weird.'

There was no sign of the couple's three children: adopted daughters Naleigh, nine, who hails from South Korea, and Adalaide, six, from the U.S., or their 17-month-old son Joshua who were probably with Katherine's family as they visited her hometown of Buffalo, New York.

Keeping up with her family: Katherine Heigl visited Forest Lawn Cemetery in Buffalo, New York, at the weekend to visit her brother Jason Heigl who died in a car crash at age 16 in 1986

One very plain stone said, simply: 'Jason Debus Heigl, 1970 - 1986' a memorial to her brother. He died after he was thrown from the back of a pickup truck in a car crash while out for lunch with high school classmates.

Katherine also posed next to the equally simple stone of her grandfather, Reinhold F. Engelhardt, who died in 1985, age 82.

Her grandmother Margaretta Jane Debus Engelhardt, lived another 14 years, passing away in 2009 at 94.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I was about to post this too. She is an unbelievable heartless idiot. Something is wrong with her. She's too stupid to have unfettered access to social media.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I never liked her and this really topped it off. Stupid bitch.

wth is wrong with her.
    DawnM74 likes this.

She is an arsehole. Thatís why she does this stuff. Iím glad people called her out on it.

She's an odd duck - I didn't realize she was from Buffalo. I'm really surprised her marriage has lasted so long given how nuts she is.
    DawnM74 and Yellowjacket like this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Yeah, this is more than tone deaf. She has some major issues, impulse control obviously being one of them. Unfortunately, under all those issues, beats the heart and soul of a shallow, hateful woman.

The ones of her at her brother's and family was ok. It's the other ones at the other graves that were thoughtless.
    gas_chick likes this.

Sick. Something seriously wrong with her. Especially the pics at graves that don't belong to her family. It's sick enough to pose like that in front of your brother's and grandfather's graves, but WTF with posting other's grave markers and sitting with them, then posting them on social media??
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Angry

Sheís such an asshole, I just canít with this bitch.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Social media: You're doing it wrong.
    lindsaywhit and Mrs P like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Her only redeeming quality seems to be her love of animals.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

What. The. Fuck. This really makes me angry. Those are real people whose headstones you're disrespecting. Hate that she's from Buffalo since I am too, and I still live here. Bitch.
    Waterslide likes this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

OMG, I can't believe people are all up in arms about this. It's so damn harmless. I'm not a fan of hers either but it is lighthearted, she's not doing any damage or making any negative remarks. People really need to lighten up and move on if they don't like something. It's a shame she took down the photos. Celebs have to stand up themselves, Kathy Griffin should have stood by her dark political comedy, I can't think of the others who recently got attacked over something stupid. I especially like the one with Heigel gossiping with the girls.
    dilligaf and Lalasnake like this.

^^Would you feel differently if she'd posed that way at the grave of one of your loved ones?
    rollo, Brookie, DawnM74 and 1 others like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information