• 1 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 3 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Kelly Marie Tran and Millie Bobbie Brown bullied off social media

Default Kelly Marie Tran and Millie Bobbie Brown bullied off social media

Millie Bobby Brown leaves Twitter amid cyberbullying

By Lisa Respers France, CNN
    Updated 1:09 PM ET, Thu June 14, 2018

Millie Bobby Brown attends the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards at The Forum on August 27, 2017 in Inglewood, California.

Story highlights

• Brown deleted her account Wednesday
    • She's the latest celeb to be cyberbullied

(CNN)Millie Bobby Brown has deactivated her Twitter account after becoming the target of a cruel hashtag and meme.

The 14 year-old "Stranger Things" star deleted her @milliebbrown account Wednesday.
    The hashtag #TakeDownMillieBobbyBrown started last year, according to one Twitter user, when someone claimed in a tweet that the actress refused to take a picture with her unless she removed her hijab. When the woman refused, she alleges Brown then pulled off the hijab for her.

j@mydrugismybabe

It started with this. Then she tweeted #takedownmilliebobbybrown which her followers jumped on and it became a full blown meme pic.twitter.com/AqDg04Vcwt
    2:07 AM - Jun 10, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

There is no evidence the incident actually occurred.
    The hashtag was used to spread stories -- many of them with outrageous details -- falsely linking Brown to homophobia. (Brown has been an outspoken supporter of GLAAD's Together movement.)
    Other social media users expressed support for Brown, who remains active on Instagram.
    Hayley@Umm_Hii

Wowwwwwww humanity really is the worst. Y'all bullied Millie Bobby Brown into deactivating her Twitter? Hope you feel real good about tearing down a 14 year old (who's more successful than you'll ever be).
    12:33 PM - Jun 14, 2018

lexie #@raspbearly

oh yikes i just saw that stuff w/ millie bobby brown, some people on this app are just so vile and unfunny
    12:31 PM - Jun 14, 2018

"Wowwwwwww humanity really is the worst," one person tweeted. "Y'all bullied Millie Bobby Brown into deactivating her Twitter? Hope you feel real good about tearing down a 14-year-old (who's more successful than you'll ever be)."
    Brown is just the latest celebrity to be bullied online.
    "The Last Jedi" star, Kelly Marie Tran, recently quit Instagram after months of racist backlash regarding the inclusion of her character, Rose Tico, in the film.
    Brown's anti-bullying Twitter account, @Milliestopshate, is still on the platform.
    CNN has reached out to Browns reps for comment.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/enter...ter/index.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ‘Star Wars’ Actress Kelly Marie Tran Leaves Social Media After Months of Harassment

By Kirsten Chuba
    Kirsten Chuba

Kirsten's Most Recent Stories

Kelly Marie Tran, who played Rose Tico in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” has taken herself offline after experiencing months of social media harassment.
    On Monday night, “Star Wars” fan account @SWTweets alerted that Tran had deleted all of the posts from her Instagram page, leaving just a black and white profile photo and a bio that reads “Afraid, but doing it anyway.”
    The actress, who was the first lead female character of color in the iconic series, had been criticized by “Star Wars” fans for her performance, looks and Asian ethnicity. Alt-right internet personality Paul Ray Ramsey took aim at her appearance publicly, and the “Wookieepedia” page for Tran’s character was altered by contributors with offensive, racist language.
    At the “Last Jedi” premiere in December, Tran told Variety that bringing diversity to the “Star Wars” world has “been both an honor and a responsibility. I feel so overwhelmed.” She added, “A lot of ‘Star Wars’ fans who are specifically Asian never had a character they could dress up like, or they would and people would always call them ‘Asian Rey’ or ‘Asian fill-in-the-blank.’ I get very emotional when I see people who are able to identify with this character. That means a lot to me and I don’t think it will ever get old.”
    “The Last Jedi” director Rian Johnson tweeted that the “VAST majority” of “Star Wars” fans do it with “humor, love & respect.”
    Rian Johnson
    @rianjohnson

On social media a few unhealthy people can cast a big shadow on the wall, but over the past 4 years I’ve met lots of real fellow SW fans. We like & dislike stuff but we do it with humor, love & respect. We’re the VAST majority, we’re having fun & doing just fine. https://twitter.com/brianlynch/status/1004018603631362048 …
    12:17 PM - Jun 5, 2018

Daisy Ridley, one of Tran’s co-stars, deleted her Instagram account in 2016 when she faced similar harassment for a post about gun control.
    View image on Twitter

Star Wars Facts@SWTweets

Kelly Marie Tran has deleted all the posts off her Instagram due to months of harassment she has received for her character Rose in #TheLastJedi
    10:57 PM - Jun 4, 2018

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/st...nt-1202830892/

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I hope Millie's people sue that girl into oblivion.
    lindsaywhit, idunno, holly and 6 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I hope Millie's people sue that girl into oblivion.
    I would think that Kelsey is a fake Twitter handle created by some 4CHANers...

Social media is the worst.
    fgg, gas_chick and rollo like this.

Exactly. And plenty of celebrities aren't on social media. It's not compulsory. The only ones who really need it I guess are the "models."
    Mrs P likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

No idea why anyone wants to pick on a freaking kid.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Apparently, because it's "funny."

"too bad she can't take a joke." etc.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Default Anti- bullying message

Thread Information