Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: "Lois Lane" Margot Kidder, Dead at 69

  1. #1
    Elite Member Honeythorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Death Valley~Middle Earth, Califas
    Posts
    2,877

    Default "Lois Lane" Margot Kidder, Dead at 69

    Margot Kidder, the actress who played Lois Lane in "Superman," died Sunday in Montana ... TMZ has learned.Margot was at her home when she passed away, according to the spokesperson at Franzen-Davis Funeral Home in Livingston, MT. The cause of death is unknown at this point.Margot starred opposite Christopher Reeve in 1978's "Superman," and also in the 3 sequels. She continued acting right up until this year, taking small roles in TV shows and movies -- but also had stage roles ... including "The Vagina Monologues" on Broadway. She reportedly had 2 more roles yet to be released.

    Margot had a very public battle with bipolar disorder for years. During her struggle she was briefly homeless in 1996. Margot became an advocate for mental health after that incident.She'd been married 3 times, although she'd been single since the '80s.Margot is survived by a daughter.


    'Superman' Star Margot Kidder Dead at 69 | TMZ.com
    Brookie likes this.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

  2. #2
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    53,715

    Default

    Oh no, that’s a shock. RIP.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  3. #3
    Elite Member Sunnygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Southern Oracle
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    I just heard this on the news. Such a brave woman to speak out about her battle with mental illness. RIP.
    bootspaige and Mrs P like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

  4. #4
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,256

    Default

    Oh wow, sad. RIP.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

  5. #5
    Elite Member darksithbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,927

    Default

    That poor woman. RIP.

  6. #6
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    23,376

    Default

    Aw damn. I liked her quirkiness.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Gold Member bootspaige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    821

    Default

    i picture her and Carrie Fisher living it up and getting along up in the blue skies- don't know if they were even friends. RIP.
    Brookie and Squish like this.

  8. #8
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    23,376

    Default

    Funny - I had Margot and Chris Reeve flying anywhere they want now.
    Angeli, Lofty Bike and holly like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    28,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Funny - I had Margot and Chris Reeve flying anywhere they want now.
    To the sounds of "Can You Read My Mind?". Great 70s movie theme song:

    Brookie likes this.

  10. #10
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    21,733

    Default

    Rip. I know her from The original Amityville Horror movie.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  11. #11
    Elite Member Mrs P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,876

    Default

    I don't even know how to respond. To see so many with BP, or other mental illness, pass away when they had so much. I guess it makes me appreciate my good days, which sadly bad days outnumber. Had a talk with Mr P today about our future plans after hearing this. He's on the frugal side and says to just keep waiting to fix up the house (it's been needing that for 8 years now, crappy living in a home you're embarrassed to invite friends or family over), or to move, but in the back of my mind I wonder if I'll ever make it to those years to come. Why not appreciate life now. What's the point of stockpiling an early retirement when I don't know if I'll make it. Ugh, bad day. I used to be able to scuba dive, enjoy being in a bikini, but so many years on .. no. Lost my ass, gained a belly, 3/4 time hate work. I don't see the whole "well in so many years, we can have it better!" Will it ever come? Will meds ever work properly? What's the point of waiting in limbo when in a few years, well it just ends.
    OCD, cheray, holly and 1 others like this.

  12. #12
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Gold Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I don't even know how to respond. To see so many with BP, or other mental illness, pass away when they had so much. I guess it makes me appreciate my good days, which sadly bad days outnumber. Had a talk with Mr P today about our future plans after hearing this. He's on the frugal side and says to just keep waiting to fix up the house (it's been needing that for 8 years now, crappy living in a home you're embarrassed to invite friends or family over), or to move, but in the back of my mind I wonder if I'll ever make it to those years to come. Why not appreciate life now. What's the point of stockpiling an early retirement when I don't know if I'll make it. Ugh, bad day. I used to be able to scuba dive, enjoy being in a bikini, but so many years on .. no. Lost my ass, gained a belly, 3/4 time hate work. I don't see the whole "well in so many years, we can have it better!" Will it ever come? Will meds ever work properly? What's the point of waiting in limbo when in a few years, well it just ends.
    Totally having the same reaction. Patty Duke, Carrie Fisher, and now Margot. I think this is the shit most people don’t even realize we have to deal with. Some studies estimate bipolar people have 25 years shaved off of their lives. Episodes cause brain damage that’s cumulative and irreversible, drugs have side effects that are also permanent, or bring on conditions that shave our life span down even more, like diabetes, and heart issues.

    Im also terrified of the future. My now sucks, and the hope of that improving is massively dependent on new medications and breakthrough treatments.

    It fucking sucks.

    That was so not uplifting, I feel shitty to even post about this kind of stuff. But it’s real.
    Mrs P likes this.

  13. #13
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    28,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Totally having the same reaction. Patty Duke, Carrie Fisher, and now Margot. I think this is the shit most people don’t even realize we have to deal with. Some studies estimate bipolar people have 25 years shaved off of their lives. Episodes cause brain damage that’s cumulative and irreversible, drugs have side effects that are also permanent, or bring on conditions that shave our life span down even more, like diabetes, and heart issues.

    Im also terrified of the future. My now sucks, and the hope of that improving is massively dependent on new medications and breakthrough treatments.

    It fucking sucks.

    That was so not uplifting, I feel shitty to even post about this kind of stuff. But it’s real.
    Hey, OCD, did you see that 60 Minutes episode last night on electroshock therapy? They have made huge advances and had made the treatment safer and less uncomfortable. The person is completely sedated and they are now using strong magnets instead of electrodes to reduce memory loss. They had Kitty Dukakis on there talking about it - hoping to destigmatize the treatment.

    It sounded very promising. I think it was more for heavy depression instead of bipolar disorder, but I'm not sure.
    Brookie, OCD and Mrs P like this.

  14. #14
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Gold Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hey, OCD, did you see that 60 Minutes episode last night on electroshock therapy? They have made huge advances and had made the treatment safer and less uncomfortable. The person is completely sedated and they are now using strong magnets instead of electrodes to reduce memory loss. They had Kitty Dukakis on there talking about it - hoping to destigmatize the treatment.

    It sounded very promising. I think it was more for heavy depression instead of bipolar disorder, but I'm not sure.
    No, I didn’t, but I’ll find it and watch it. If it works I’d totally do it. The memory thing is scary. I think because memory is already effected in us from meds and stuff. The treat,ent I’ve heard of with magnets is transcranial magnetic stimulation and as of a few years age it had a small success rate, but isn’t covered by insurance. They’re not a one and done thing either, you have to periodically repeat them. I wish these things were covered. They’re super expensive.

    Last time I was at the doctor I asked for ketamine therapy and he said that’s all out of pocket and he doesn’t recommend it at this time, and I got kind of pissed off, like when is the right time to stop recommending all this shit that doesn’t even help?

    Anyway, long story short, the worst part of my bipolar disorder is the hellish treatment resistant depression. I’m in year 4. When I was younger I’d have manic episodes several times a year and then in between a little time of what I’d call normalcy, being able to find things pleasurable, wanting to awaken in the morning etc. But, I can’t even remember how that feels now. I guess I should find some energy to fight for some shock treatments lol.

    Thanks for sharing that.
    MohandasKGanja and Mrs P like this.

  15. #15
    Elite Member lindsaywhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,536

    Default

    I am so sorry for what you are going through. For me, it's been chronic pain - for almost 30 years now. Cluster headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, complex migraines - all in one stupid head. I've maybe had 20 days without head pain since I got my first cluster. Then, ten years ago, I had to have emergency back surgery. Unfortunately they botched it, and now I'm terrified to have corrective surgery. So, limited mobility. Depression is impossible to avoid.

    I guess the point of this post, though, is that while I don't know how to respond either, and obviously I don't have to deal with what you and others are suffering through, I do know that I would miss both of you if you stopped posting. Your thoughts and experiences are a rich and vital part of the Gossip Rocks tapestry. And you help people, including me, by being so open and honest about your struggles.

    I like you both and enjoy your posts - and new medical breakthroughs are happening every day. In the meantime, let the little joys feed your mind and soul. It sounds trite, but it's the way I get through.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; May 15th, 2018 at 11:53 AM.
    Brookie, Mrs P, cheray and 3 others like this.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 11th, 2018, 05:56 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2016, 01:59 PM
  3. Amy Adams Is The New Lois Lane
    By dowcat in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
  4. Kristen Stewart To Play Lois Lane?
    By dowcat in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
  5. Kate Bosworth voted sexiest Lois Lane yet
    By Blackberry in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: July 10th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •