Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: The Cars' Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova 'peacefully separated'

Default The Cars' Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova 'peacefully separated'

(CNN)The 28-year-old marriage between Cars' frontman Ric Ocasek and former supermodel Paulina Porizkova has broken down.

Using lots of car imagery, Porizkova announced on social media Wednesday that she and her husband have been "peacefully separated for the past year."
    "Our family always has been -- and still is -- a well-built car," Porizkova wrote in a photo posted on Instagram. "When the four of us are together, we can go wherever the road takes us. But as a bicycle, my husband and I no longer pedal in unison. So, we're ditching the bicycle."

The pair met in 1984 while filming the video for the Cars hit "Drive."
    Porizkova, 53, said she and Ocasek, 74, continue to have love for each other.
    "The love we have for one another is so wide and deep it's practically tangible, and that sort of love can never disappear," she wrote. "Expect to keep seeing happy family photos."
    They are the parents of two adult sons.

Fans were shocked by the revelation, given that the pair appeared to be very much together last month when they attended the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony in Cleveland, where the Cars were inducted.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm sad. I've always believed in them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

me too. p.s. i've always thought she was one of the most beautiful women in the world.

What is life?!?!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Awww that's sad. I didn't realize he was that much older. So he was 40 and she was 19 when they met?

Always thought she was (and is) so pretty.

Mrs P and SHELLEE like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Probably just no longer fucking. Which nowadays makes people feel the need to end things.

Well...I suppose it's a good idea if one of them wants to continue fucking. Or at least it's more honest and respectful than stepping out.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Drive was my BFF and my "song" when we were in middle school! I remember when they got together and it was like the most mismatched couple ever, but they persevered. She is simply gorgeous, even 30 years later.
    Mrs P likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I didn't realize he had over 20 years on her! I also didn't realize he's older than my dad! (dad is 73)

^In all fairness, that dye job of his is very convincing. I almost mistook him for a 30 year old.
    Lofty Bike, emkat and Angeli like this.

I also didnt realise he was that much older than her. I still remember watching the Drive video clip as a kid, she was and is still is so pretty.

Silver Member

Damn. Drive was my sad song in college back at JMU. I would play that sucker after I came home from a party ....... alone.

Very sad to read this. And kind of eerie -- they have been married just one year longer than me. Although both of us are around Porizkova's age.

I remember that Porizkova said (way back when) that they bonded over the fact that their families both came from the same small town in the Czech Republic. At least, I think I remember that.

And "Just What I needed" is my favorite Cars song.
    MsDark and gas_chick like this.

Silver divorce strikes again.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Drive was always my favorite followed by Why Can’t I Have You.
    DeChayz likes this.

i'm going to go with he wants to fuck guys and so does she and it isn't working. Seems like they are still happy as friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information