Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 3 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By MsDark
  • 1 Post By gas_chick

Thread: Geraldo Rivera's Son Accused of Biting and Choking a Woman

fgg

Default Geraldo Rivera's Son Accused of Biting and Choking a Woman

Geraldo Rivera's Son Accused of Biting a Woman and Choking Her Until She Nearly Lost Consciousness

The 30-year-old son of television journalist Geraldo Rivera was released without bail on Wednesday following his arrest the previous evening for alleged domestic violence, PEOPLE confirms.

Cruz Rivera was arrested Tuesday evening on assault, criminal obstruction of breathing, aggravated harassment, attempted assault and harassment charges, an NYPD source tells PEOPLE.

During his arraignment on Wednesday, prosecutors revealed that the alleged victim has declined to go forward with the case.

Rivera did not enter a plea Wednesday evening, but his attorney, Arthur Aidala, tells PEOPLE Cruz denies the allegations.

Police allege the woman was attacked when she stopped by Rivera’s apartment in Washington Heights to collect some of her things. Rivera allegedly bit her hand and leg and choked her until she nearly lost consciousness.

Aidala disputes the allegations. “Although we are taking this very seriously, we are cautiously optimistic that when the dust settles, Cruz Rivera will be able to move on with his life with little interruption,” he says.

Aidala alleges the accuser has since “sent our client text messages that she was sorry about this and that it won’t go any further and that she loves him.”

The accuser, says Aidala, did not call the police Tuesday night. Instead, it was a neighbor who called 911 after hearing what Aidala called a “bad fight.”

Rivera is scheduled to be back in court for his next hearing in June.

Aidala tells PEOPLE Geraldo Rivera, his friend of at least a dozen years, is “very upset” about the allegations against his son.

“Anyone whose child is arrested would be upset,” the lawyer explains. “Because these are claims of domestic violence, which Geraldo feels very strongly about and is strongly against, it takes it to a different level. Now that the facts are out, it seems this was a misunderstanding.”

Last month, Cruz posted a video to his Facebook, claiming that “40 percent of domestic violence is suffered by men.”

The accuser could not be reached for comment.

Geraldo's Son Accused of Biting, Choking Woman | PEOPLE.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Misunderstanding? Obviously this fight was so bad someone called 911. And since she is not cooperating, I'm assuming the police saw evidence of choking and biting or why else would the charges be so specific. DIAF you little shit.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by cornflakegrl View Post
    misunderstanding? Obviously this fight was so bad someone called 911. And since she is not cooperating, i'm assuming the police saw evidence of choking and biting or why else would the charges be so specific. Diaf you little shit.
    ita.

Dad always struck me as someone who has anger issues. Would the fruit fall far from the tree?
    DawnM74, C_is_for_Cookie and HWBL like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I always got a misogynistic, date rapey vibe from Geraldo. The son can't be any better. It sounds like he's much worse.
    BITTER likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

This doesn't factor into the story, just gossipy. I couldn't remember which mother this son came from. He's from an affair Geraldo had when he was dating or engaged to CC. CC forgave him and the son became a part of their family but he lived in Texas with his mother. I remember when Geraldo married CC. I wondered how long he'd be with the "practical wife" vs. a hot wife. In Geraldo's own words, "One steady, one on the side". I never think people change but they do. I grew up watching Geraldo being the very cool crusading journalist.

Not shocked. Like at all.
    Angeli likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Who is CC?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Who is CC?
    Geraldo’s 4th ex wife. He’s currently married to #5.

geraldo's fucking weird. i also recently found out he had an affair for years with marian javits who was almost 20 years older than him.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    This doesn't factor into the story, just gossipy. I couldn't remember which mother this son came from. He's from an affair Geraldo had when he was dating or engaged to CC. CC forgave him and the son became a part of their family but he lived in Texas with his mother. I remember when Geraldo married CC. I wondered how long he'd be with the "practical wife" vs. a hot wife. In Geraldo's own words, "One steady, one on the side". I never think people change but they do. I grew up watching Geraldo being the very cool crusading journalist.
    me too, the willowbrook case.

i remember once many years ago when visiting family back east, my parents hired a driver to get me from the airport. she turned out to be geraldo's #1 or #2 driver, can't remember which. anyhoo, she worked for him for many years and had nothing but lovely things to say about him.

Thread Information