Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Brad Pitt spending time with rockstar MIT professor

fgg

Default Brad Pitt spending time with rockstar MIT professor

Brad Pitt spending time with rockstar MIT professor

Brad Pitt is spending time with an acclaimed architect, award-winning artist and rockstar MIT professor Neri Oxman.

A source exclusively confirms that architecture and design aficionado Pitt recently met accomplished Oxman through an MIT architecture project and they have since become friends. Pitt was referred to Oxman to collaborate on an architectural project he was working on, we’re told.

As first revealed on “Page Six TV,” a source told us, “Brad and Neri instantly hit it off because they share the same passion for architecture, design and art. This is best described as a professional friendship.”

But the source added, “Their friendship has not turned into romance … as both are cautious and this is, again, more of a professional friendship, but Brad is very interested in spending more time with Neri, she is fascinating.”

American-Israeli architect and designer Oxman was previously married to Argentine composer Osvaldo Golijov, who she has said had an “incredible influence” on her work. Pitt is still finalizing his divorce from Angelina Jolie.

A rep for Pitt, 54, declined to comment, but a friend added, “You are correct that they are just friends and she is very impressive.” Oxman is currently traveling and could not be immediately reached.

Oxman, 42, who bears more than a passing resemblance to Jolie, is a professor at the MIT Media Lab, where she founded and directs the Mediated Matter group, which conducts research into bonding design and architecture with natural and biological environments. Her team has also been building 3-D printers capable of printing biological matter and glass.

According to her MIT bio, Oxman “coined the term, and pioneered the field of, Material Ecology, which considers computation, fabrication, and the material itself as inseparable dimensions of design. In this approach, products and buildings are biologically informed and digitally engineered by, with and for, nature.”

A number of Oxman’s works are created by animals or natural processes. One of her most well-known is “The Silk Pavilion,” an installation designed in 2013, which was woven by 6,500 silkworms on a dome. Her work is included in collections at MoMA, Paris’ Centre Georges Pompidou, Vienna’s Museum of Applied Arts and Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts and Museum of Science.

If she wasn’t already impressive enough, in a 2016 Surface Magazine profile of Oxman, MoMA senior curator for architecture and design Paola Antonelli called her “a person ahead of her time, not of her time. She is very rigorous, taking on a long view on where design needs to be, but at the same time also has an incredible talent and aesthetic flare, like an artist. Whatever she does has ground and credibility in science, but also a universal appeal for everybody, because her work is just so beautiful.”

A prominent woman in an otherwise male-dominated field, Oxman and her team have won numerous awards, including the International Earth Awards for Future-Crucial Design (2008), the Vilcek Prize in Design (2014) and an Emerging Voices award from the Architectural League of New York (2015).

Meanwhile, Pitt’s Make It Right Foundation, which builds affordable houses for people in need with a focus on environmentally friendly sustainable development, has been working with international architects to build homes in locations including the Lower 9th Ward in New Orleans, which was devastated by Hurricane Katrina and Kansas City, Missouri.

Pitt — who had considered becoming an architect himself — told Architectural Digest in 2016 that he hoped Make It Right’s work would become a model for projects around the world. “When you realize that 40 or 45 percent of the world’s pollution comes from the way we build and maintain our buildings,” he said, “it’s just common sense to think that there’s a better solution.”

Pitt has also been working on furniture design with Frank Pollaro and sculpture. He told GQ Style last year that he was being mentored by sculptor Thomas Houseago: “I’ve literally been squatting in there [Houseago’s studio] for a month now … I’m making everything. I’m working with clay, plaster, rebar, wood…”

But Pitt may have a challenge on his hands — multiple sources also confirm to Page Six that Oxman has recently been dating billionaire activist investor Bill Ackman, 51.

New York-based Ackman — who has been battling to reassure investors of his hedge fund Pershing Square after losses — has been seeing Oxman for seven months, we are told.

Page Six last year revealed Ackman was divorcing his wife Karen Ann Herskovitz after 25 years of marriage. He has recently been seen visiting Oxman at MIT at the weekends, as well as spending time with his other family members who live in Boston. Ackman’s rep declined to comment.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/05/brad-...mit-professor/

pics of her at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She's attractive. But it's a stretch to say she resembles Angelina Jolie.

More like something between Juliana Marguiles and Julia Ormond.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

If she's super smart she will be bored by his looks soon enough.
    fgg, BITTER, Serendipity and 8 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

OCD

It really irks me when the word rockstar is used an an adjective to describe anyone other than a rockstar. It sounds like a put down.
    MsDark, BITTER, redcat and 6 others like this.

Brad "Vanilla DUH" Pitt with an MIT professor? Get real.

Methinks this little non story is to piss off his soon to be ex. Or lure her back. See here Angie, I am to smart! Imma intellectually trade up to prove it.
    OCD, MsDark, darksithbunny and 5 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I thought she really was a rock star in addition to being an architect.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    If she's super smart she will be bored by his looks soon enough.
    his fading looks.
    DawnM74 and sprynkles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I thought she really was a rock star in addition to being an architect.
    Same here. I thought she was going to be like that, too - the female version of Brian May or Tom Scholz.

She's attractive. But it's a stretch to say she resembles Angelina Jolie.

She looks like Jolie in that movie where Jolie played Daniel Pearl's widow.

I don't think Pitt is dumb. It seems like they are both interested in architecture, materials and ecology.

Elite Member

A source exclusively confirms that architecture and design aficionado Pitt recently met accomplished Oxman through an MIT architecture project and they have since become friends.

Pitt was referred to Oxman to collaborate on an architectural project he was working on, we’re told. Pitt has also been working on furniture design with Frank Pollaro and sculpture.

He told GQ Style last year that he was being mentored by sculptor Thomas Houseago: “I’ve literally been squatting in there [Houseago’s studio] for a month now … I’m making everything. I’m working with clay, plaster, rebar, wood…”
    Ah, just like the time Pitt claimed to study with Frank Gehry, but it turned out he got a tour of their office. Dum dum.
    DawnM74 and MsDark like this.

His buddy George got himself a smart woman and now Brad wants one too.

Ok, so I didn't read the whole article, the gist is that Brad made a new friend? Oh well, good for him. *pats Brad's head*
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Brad is still hot.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Much hotter now than when he had the cheek fillers and glazed eyes and the grungy look.

She's no Jolie.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information