Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan 'Have Lovingly Chosen to Separate'

Default Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan 'Have Lovingly Chosen to Separate'

Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan 'Have Lovingly Chosen to Separate' After Nearly 9 Years of Marriage

Kara Warner and Julie Jordan April 02, 2018 09:11 PM

Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum are separating after nearly nine years of marriage.

The former couple announced the split in a joint statement exclusive to PEOPLE:

“Hey world!

So…We have something we would like to share.

First off, it feels odd that we have to share this kind of thing with everyone, but it’s a consequence of the lives we’ve chosen to lead, which we also happen to be deeply grateful for. We’re living in an incredible moment in time, but it’s also a time where truth can easily get distorted into “alternative facts” 😉 So we want to share the truth so you know that if you didn’t read it here then it’s most certainly fiction.

We have lovingly chosen to separate as a couple. We fell deeply in love so many years ago and have had a magical journey together. Absolutely nothing has changed about how much we love one another, but love is a beautiful adventure that is taking us on different paths for now. There are no secrets nor salacious events at the root of our decision — just two best-friends realizing it’s time to take some space and help each other live the most joyous, fulfilled lives as possible. We are still a family and will always be loving dedicated parents to Everly. We won’t be commenting beyond this, and we thank you all in advance for respecting our family’s privacy. Sending lots of love to everyone, Chan&Jenna.”

The actors, both 37, have one child together — daughter Everly — who will turn 5 in May.

The couple most recently attended the Kids’ Choice Awards together where Tatum hit the stage to promote his new animated movie Smallfoot.

They first met on the set of their 2006 movie Step Up and began dating shortly after before tying the knot in 2009.

Buzz about a split began when Dewan Tatum attended the annual Vanity Fair Oscars after-party solo, but she told ET at the bash that Tatum was on daddy duty and “so happy to have a night off.”

And in mid-March the former couple shared sweet snaps from a face painting session with their daughter. “When you fall asleep around a toddler,” Dewan Tatum captioned a silly shot of Tatum before sharing a solo selfie of her own look.

In February, the actress opened up to Health about the perception that she and Tatum had a “perfect life,” saying instead that they worked hard to keep their relationship going.

“When people say you guys have such a perfect life, I want to scream and tell them no one’s perfect,” she said. “I think there are such things as great fits. It is a great fit as long as you are growing together, and I think up until this point we’ve really grown together. Even if one starts to grow, the other catches up and vice versa.”

Dewan Tatum said while they always made sure to make time for one another, they still had days where they didn’t get along.

“But I think a couple needs to be conscious and to want to do the work and be willing to look at the parts of you that need work. Both of us have been pretty aware and willing to do that,” she continued. “We’ve always had the same values. But we’re not perfect! Are you kidding? We fight like other couples, we disagree about things, we have days where we don’t really like each other.”

In December, Tatum wished his wife a happy birthday with a heartfelt Instagram post.

“This creature is one more year beautiful. The transformation she invoked this year has been something they only write about in books of fairytale and magic. Your strength and grace ever-evolving,” he wrote. “By doing so you make everything around you grow- everything. And I am so very grateful for your lessons. Happy life day my love.”
    Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Split After 9 Years of Marriage | PEOPLE.com
    dowcat likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

You know, breaking up is hard to do, but one thing that can make it easier: stop trying to make up cutesie euphemisms for it. We know there has been screaming, throwing of remote controls, arguing about money, and the slamming of doors. You aren't fooling anyone with "lovingly chose to separate".
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

They're trying to make goop have a meltdown with "lovenly seperated".
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

lovingly separated?? right lol
    ConstanceSpry and dowcat like this.

czb

ugh

i must say that i love living in california, but this mumbo jumbo 'just two best-friends realizing it’s time to take some space and help each other live the most joyous, fulfilled lives as possible' is one of the things that makes me embarrassed to live here.

"Absolutely nothing has changed about how much we love one another..."

Okay. Stop with the bullshit.

Yes it has changed. Otherwise you wouldn't be splitting.
    tiggle, tulip, Kittylady and 21 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Sure, the decision to call the lawyers was chosen lovingly....

Still a lifetime in Hollywood years. I always got the impression that he was an alcoholic cheating asshole so I am surprised that she stuck with him for so long.
    arie_skop and Sarzy like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Aw, I liked them as a couple and I am sad, I tell you!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I have read so many blinds of him cheating on her with both men and women.

^ But that's normal in Hollywood so she's either got something off him or he's made someone pregnant or there's something else, not cheating.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I was wondering when they were going to announce this. I follow them both on Instagram and they had stopped posting pics with each other a while back. They seemed like a great couple and I like them both. Maybe they will work it out.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    You know, breaking up is hard to do, but one thing that can make it easier: stop trying to make up cutesie euphemisms for it. We know there has been screaming, throwing of remote controls, arguing about money, and the slamming of doors. You aren't fooling anyone with "lovingly chose to separate".
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    "Absolutely nothing has changed about how much we love one another..." Okay. Stop with the bullshit. Yes it has changed. Otherwise you wouldn't be splitting.
    I love coming to GR for a dose of straight talk.

I am copyrighting all these phrases before the next new-age separation is announced:

"Deliriously de-linked"

"Considerately cleaved"

"Affectionately abandoned"

"Sensitively severed"

"Devotedly decamped"

"Warmly withdrew"

"Vigilantly vacated"

"Sensitively seceded"

"Gracefully got the f*ck out of Dodge"

This guy come across really fake sometimes. Just too "aww shucks, I'm just a regular guy" and all that. Like there is something behind all that. I think he'd make a good pair with JLaw
    NickiDrea likes this.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information