Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Ewan McGregor is 'ditched' by Fargo co-star lover

Default Ewan McGregor is 'ditched' by Fargo co-star lover

Ewan McGregor is 'ditched' by Fargo co-star lover he ended his 22-year marriage for because 'she hates being called a home wrecker'

• McGregor has been dumped by mistress Mary Elizabeth Winstead, sources say
    • The Trainspotting star, 46, filed for divorce from Eve Mavrakis, 51, last month
    • She was devastated after pictures showed McGregor kissing his Fargo co-star

By CAROLINE GRAHAM IN LOS ANGELES FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
    PUBLISHED: 17:00 EST, 24 February 2018 | UPDATED: 20:14 EST, 24 February 2018

He left his wife of 22 years ‘heartbroken’ after ending their marriage when he fell for his younger co-star.
    But Ewan McGregor has now been dumped by his mistress Mary Elizabeth Winstead because she hated being labelled a ‘home wrecker’, according to sources close to the couple.
    Scottish-born McGregor, 46, filed for divorce from wife Eve Mavrakis, 51, last month – six months after being spotted kissing Miss Winstead, 33, his co-star in the cult TV series Fargo.
    The Trainspotting and Star Wars actor blamed ‘irreconcilable differences’ for the split from his wife, the mother of his four daughters who are aged between six and 21.

Ewan McGregor (right) has now been dumped by his mistress Mary Elizabeth Winstead (left) because she hated being labelled a ‘home wrecker’, according to sources close to the couple

Eve was reportedly left devastated after pictures were published last October of Ewan kissing his co-star in a London cafe.
    His 15-year-old daughter Esther later posted a song on Instagram about the ‘s*** I found online’, singing: ‘Seeing those pictures, they’re making me cry… And I don’t know how to forgive. I don’t know if I can.’
    The news of McGregor’s reported split from Miss Winstead is revealed in the latest edition of US magazine Star.
    A source told the magazine: ‘Mary hated being labelled a home wrecker and the embarrassment it caused her. It’s sad because a year ago Ewan and his wife were in great shape and then he decided to throw it all away for Mary. Now it looks like he’s lost them both for good.’

Miss Winstead (pictured) announced she was splitting from her husband of seven years Riley Stearns last May

Last night McGregor’s estranged wife told The Mail on Sunday, ‘No, I hadn’t heard’ when asked if she knew about her husband’s split from his lover.
    Asked for comment, she said: ‘I really don’t know. Sorry.’

Production designer Eve was said to be ‘furious’ when her husband won the Best Actor In A Limited Series award at this year’s Golden Globes and thanked both her and his mistress. ‘I want to take a moment to just say thank you to Eve who always stood by me for 22 years and our four children Clara, Esther, Jamyan and Anouk,’ McGregor said. ‘And there wouldn’t have been any Ray [his Fargo character] without Mary Elizabeth Winstead.’
    When asked about his words, Eve said: ‘No, I did not like his speech.’

Eve Mavrakis (left) was reportedly left devastated after pictures were published last October of Ewan (right) kissing his co-star in a London cafe

She called their divorce ‘disappointing and upsetting’ before adding: ‘My main concern is our four children are OK.’
    McGregor and Miss Winstead play an engaged couple on the show.
    Miss Winstead announced she was splitting from her husband of seven years Riley Stearns last May – as she filmed the series.
    The Mail on Sunday attempted to contact spokesmen for McGregor and Miss Winstead but neither answered repeated requests for comment on the split.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Damn. They both blew up long-term relationships to be with each other. And it doesn't even last more than a few months?

Mary hated being labelled a home wrecker and the embarrassment it caused her.
    If she was caught off guard that the general public would think of her as a side piece, she's terribly naive.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

"It’s sad because a year ago Ewan and his wife were in great shape"

^^^ I also think this assessment stretches credibility.

Production designer Eve was said to be ‘furious’ when her husband won the Best Actor In A Limited Series award at this year’s Golden Globes and thanked both her and his mistress. ‘I want to take a moment to just say thank you to Eve who always stood by me for 22 years and our four children Clara, Esther, Jamyan and Anouk,’ McGregor said. ‘And there wouldn’t have been any Ray [his Fargo character] without Mary Elizabeth Winstead.’
    When asked about his words, Eve said: ‘No, I did not like his speech.’
    Oh that's cold, Ewan.
    Waterslide and Kittylady like this.

I did not like your speech at Globes!
    I did not like it, prequel Obes!
    Would you have liked it more at Cannes?
    No, I would not, Whore-Ewan!"

The cynical in me wonders if she either 1. found a lot wrong with Ewan once the curtains were opened or 2. this is a decoy to distract so they can canoodle in private until things calm down and then they will emerge as destined lovers that couldn't quit each other.
    redcat, rollo, Lalasnake and 2 others like this.

^^^ I don't know. I'm kind of getting a Claire Danes/Billy Crudup/Mary Louise Parker vibe from this one
    tulip, bootspaige, deenz and 2 others like this.

Does she really think dumping him is going to keep her from being labelled a home-wrecker?

I don't buy that as the reason. Not by itself.

Well Ewan, cheer up. Catherine McPhee will fuck you. But not if you go through with the divorce!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good. Now I can have her.

Mary, dear, you're still a homewrecker.

His speech at the golden globes is completely gross. He should get his head bashed in with his globe.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

it's already over lol

Elite Member

Having an affair is like meeting fellow countrymen abroad. As long as you're removed from the humdrum of everyday life, everything is great. But there's no guarantee, you'll enjoy dealing with their annoying little habits regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Does she really think dumping him is going to keep her from being labelled a home-wrecker?

I don't buy that as the reason. Not by itself.

Well Ewan, cheer up. Catherine McPhee will fuck you. But not if you go through with the divorce!
    Yeah, maybe he's found another side piece. I would have thought his money would keep her sweet for longer than a few months. Now watch the PR damage limitation swing into action.

His poor family.
    Lalasnake and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information