Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Justin Timberlake slammed over SuperBowl "duet" with Prince

Default Justin Timberlake slammed over SuperBowl "duet" with Prince

PURPLE PAInJustin Timberlake slammed for Super B

By James Cox5th February 2018, 5:57 am
    Updated: 5th February 2018, 8:00 am

Play Video

JUSTIN Timberlake has come under fire for his Super Bowl duet with Prince after fans remembered he dissed him in a song.
    JT won praise for his energetic half time show which featured a duet of I Would Die 4 U alongside a hologram of the Purple One, who died last year from an overdose.
    AFP OR LICENSORS

A giant projection of Prince duetted with JT on classic I Would Die 4 UBut some fans were quick to criticise the Sexy Back singer because he hasn't always been very kind to Prince.
    In fact, there are two incidents that are getting heat online.

In 2007 Justin Timberlake recorded a verse on rapper Timbalandís song, Give It To Me.

It features the lyrics: ďWe missed you on the charts last week, Damn, thatís right you wasnít there.
    "Now if se-sexy never left, then why is everybody on my s**t.
    YOUTUBE

Justin once mocked Prince's height when he collected a Golden Globe on his behalfAP:ASSOCIATED PRESS

Justin rocked out on a white piano which turned purple for his duet with Prince - but some fans were not happy13

A giant Prince sign was projected across the stadium"Donít hate on me just because you didnít come up with it.Ē
    The diss-track allegedly dates back to comment Prince made at the 2007 Emmys.
    The purple genius said: ďFor whoever is claiming they are bringing sexy back, sexy never left."
    Fans were also quick to point out Justin once mocked Prince's height when he collected a Golden Glpobe on his behalf in 2007.
    Presenting the awars, JT crouched down below his microphone to mimic the Sign of the Times singer's famously short stature.

Play Video

Justin Timberlake slammed for Super Bowl duet with Prince because he once DISSED him in a song and mocked his height
    GETTY IMAGES - GETTY

Justin ended his set among the fans at the Bank Stadium

Yashar Ali
    @yashar

Let's go through the history. While he was alive, Justin repeatedly disrespected Prince..doing a diss track against him and making fun of his height at the Golden Globes. Prince couldn't stand him. Justin has never appropriately addressed his treatment of Prince. https://twitter.com/MichaelGarofola/status/960329442223673345 Ö
    8:58 PM - Feb 4, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Senorita gave way to Sexy Back, as JT performed in front of an elaborate light set.
    Wearing a red cravat, camo jeans and a tie dyed top - Justin also thrilled fans by launching into My Love and Cry Me a River.
    Taking the show to the centre of the pitch, Justin showed off his trademark moves to Suit and Tie in front of a brass band and played piano on ballad Until the End of Time.
    Then came the epic Prince duet before he sang an emotion version of hit Mirror, as dancers held shards of relfective glass uo around him, creating a shimmering effect.

Play Video

Super Bowl 2018: Justin Timberlake takes over the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis for the half time show
    GETTY IMAGES - GETTY

Justin nailed the show at the sporting spectacle in MinneapolisTwitter Ads info and privacy

AFP OR LICENSORS

The show was watched by 37,000 people in the stadium and millions on TV across the worldGETTY IMAGES - GETTY

Justin surrounded by dancers. The Sexy Back singer left it all out on the field with his energetic performanceHe ended on the catchy Stop the Feeling among fans who snapped cheeky Super Bowl selfies with the mega star.
    His stunning set took place at the half way mark with Philadelphia Eages were 22 - 12 up on New England Patriots.
    His actress wife Jessica Biel was in the audience to watch the show.
    Earlier today, Justin posted an Instagram selfie of him dressed like a hipster, with a read beanie, shades and yellow coat.
    GETTY IMAGES - GETTY

JT brings the show to the centre of the pitch
    He was wearing a Superbowl pass around his neck and captioned it "Lazy Sunday #SBLII".
    Just before the show we gave fans another sneak peak of him getting ready with the caption: "two second warning".
    JT recently dropped his fourth solo album, the folksy Man of the Woods.
    GETTY IMAGES - GETTY

The Mirrors singer looked like he was having the time of his lifeREUTERS

JT's performance comes 14 years after the infamous Super Bowl 'boobgate' when he accidentally exposed Janet Jackson's right breastGETTY - CONTRIBUTOR

Tonight's performance was a lot more slick, with Justin avoiding any embarrassing boobsHULTON ARCHIVE - GETTY

JT also performed in 2001 with N-Sync, alongside girlfriend Britney Spears and members of AerosmithHis performance some comes 14 years after THAT controversial moment with Janet Jackson.
    The pop star appeared at the US football extravaganza more than a decade after accidentally exposed her boob onstage.
    He also performed in 2001 with pop band N-Sync, alongside his ex-girlfriend Britney Spears and members of Aerosmith.
    Earlier today, we revealed how the Super Bowl was guarded by the largest security operation in US sporting history - amid fears it may be targeted by a "lone wolf" ISIS attacker piloting a drone.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ed-his-height/

I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Omigawd, It will not let me edit this damn thing!!!! I wasn't ready to post it yet. Can't even edit the title. If a mod could do something, I'd really appreciate it. So sorry........
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Lots of Prince fans (and his family) are very upset because Prince specifically said that he hated the whole hologram thing and it would never happen to him. Justin was rumored to be using the hologram and it kind of blew up. Instead, he used a sheet as a backdrop for video, which honestly, I think is basically the same thing.

PS: Nipplegate is bullshit. There is no way Janet would be wearing those huge nipple rings that covered her whole areola if that piece of her outfit wasn’t supposed to come all off.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

People need to find something, anything to be outraged about. So tiresome.

I thought his performance was ok. It was visually big and pretty like it should be. He didn't do much actual singing so I can't say he personally knocked my socks off. But still, it was a flashy spectacle and seemed fun.
    gas_chick likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Prince would be pissed his family had shit to say about anything even though it is his own fault. I though it was a nice tribute to him and the city he loved even if Justin could never fill his shoes.
    MsDark and holly like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think the Prince tribute- whether people loved it or hated it- is the only thing that will have people remember the performance.
    Lots of visuals and props, but it was an underwhelming performance and just kind of... meh..
    sprynkles, deenz, Oasis and 2 others like this.

I didn't even bother to watch...there are too many reasons that I don't like Justin, so...I watched All Saints on Hulu during his show.
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    Omigawd, It will not let me edit this damn thing!!!! I wasn't ready to post it yet. Can't even edit the title. If a mod could do something, I'd really appreciate it. So sorry........

A trick I learned with editing since the edit button doesnít always work is reply to your own quote that you wanna fix, remove the links at top and bottom then edit what you need and save. Then go back to original post you donít like and delete it. Voila!

I found this interesting thread below that goes through JT history of disssing people he worked with. Very well put together. Itís too long to embed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByeAshy/s...98024252321792

I thought his performance was ok. Bruno Mars is my favorite so no one can live up to him in my eyes but JT was well rehearsed. I was not impressed with his Prince song. I couldnít understand the arrangement and when I realized what he was doing it was over. If he really wanted to honor Prince pick one good song and do it justice. Thatís all I will say on that.

Here is one piece in that above twitter thread I found interesting. I would think the producers would not approve of this stunt but who knows.

Prince won a golden globe award and Justin was the presenter. As Prince wasn't in the audience, Justin
    felt compelled to take a jab at his height

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I thought it was a total snoozefest. Boring and visually unappealing. I get that JT has a fanbase, but is it really big enough for the Super Bowl? Meh.
    weathered1 likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

It was okay, not much more than your standard medley of his hits; I have heard fans and family were not pleased with the video projection of Prince. I didn't mind it, and Morris Day actually posted his thanks on FB for JT honoring Prince. I think I was more disappointed there wasn't an impromptu N'Sync reunion...

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Prince would be pissed his family had shit to say about anything even though it is his own fault. I though it was a nice tribute to him and the city he loved even if Justin could never fill his shoes.
    I loved the end where the whole town lit up purple and then Prince’s sign appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    A trick I learned with editing since the edit button doesn’t always work is reply to your own quote that you wanna fix, remove the links at top and bottom then edit what you need and save. Then go back to original post you don’t like and delete it. Voila!

I found this interesting thread below that goes through JT history of disssing people he worked with. Very well put together. It’s too long to embed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByeAshy/s...98024252321792

I thought his performance was ok. Bruno Mars is my favorite so no one can live up to him in my eyes but JT was well rehearsed. I was not impressed with his Prince song. I couldn’t understand the arrangement and when I realized what he was doing it was over. If he really wanted to honor Prince pick one good song and do it justice. That’s all I will say on that.

Here is one piece in that above twitter thread I found interesting. I would think the producers would not approve of this stunt but who knows.

Prince won a golden globe award and Justin was the presenter. As Prince wasn't in the audience, Justin
    felt compelled to take a jab at his height

Yeah, but they they both gave it to each other. Prince made fun of SexyBack. I am a lifelong Prince fan and only marginally like Justin. According to Justin, they hung out and made music too ... but who knows if that’s accurate.

Justin was on the special Tonight show after This is Us and he explained that they had raw footage of him (not too sure if it was video or audio) and he said when they put the two (audio and video) together, it matched up perfectly. I doubt if Prince was alive, he would have been okay with it. If he was still alive, he probably would have been the Super Bowl halftime show since it was in Minneapolis. I don’t know. It was nice to see Prince up there.
    gas_chick likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Am I the only one who thought using "I would die 4 u" a bit cringe-worthy? Because, well...ya know.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I usually like JT's performing (as a musician, not as an actor) but I thought his SB was low energy and quickly became boring. I felt nothing when he "honored" the purple one. Maybe JT is just losing the "it" he had. I dunno.
    weathered1 and dallison like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The SB party I was at felt the same - MEH. My husband was too busy grilling carne asada to really care. He usually is all over the half time show but he walked out after a few minutes and want back to the BBQ.

The best comment I saw about JT’s attire during the performance was “that was the best ad for Bass Pro Shop I ever saw!”
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

You just know his PR team begged for this gig so he could redeem himself after the last Super Bowl fiasco. It has all the makings of a lame PR spin controlled publicity stunt. Justin is so transparent.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information