Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Uma Thurman Reveals She Almost Died in a Stunt That Quentin Tarantino Made Her Do

Default Uma Thurman Reveals She Almost Died in a Stunt That Quentin Tarantino Made Her Do

Uma Thurman Reveals She Almost Died in a Stunt That Quentin Tarantino Made Her Do

Uma Thurman has accused director Quentin Tarantino of forcing her to perform a stunt on the set of Kill Bill that almost killed her.
    The actress told the New York Times that she was four days away from finishing the nine-month shoot for the two films when Tarantino said she would be driving the blue convertible and not a stunt performer.

Uma didn’t feel comfortable driving the car and says a teamster led her to believe the car might not be working well.

Quentin came in my trailer and didn’t like to hear no, like any director,” she says. “He was furious because I’d cost them a lot of time. But I was scared. He said: ‘I promise you the car is fine. It’s a straight piece of road.’”

Quentin told her to “’hit 40 miles per hour or your hair won’t blow the right way and I’ll make you do it again.’ But that was a deathbox that I was in. The seat wasn’t screwed down properly. It was a sand road and it was not a straight road.”

In video footage shared by the Times, Uma can be seen driving down a winding road and then crash into a tree. “The steering wheel was at my belly and my legs were jammed under me. I felt this searing pain and thought, ‘Oh my God, I’m never going to walk again.’ When I came back from the hospital in a neck brace with my knees damaged and a large massive egg on my head and a concussion, I wanted to see the car and I was very upset. Quentin and I had an enormous fight, and I accused him of trying to kill me. And he was very angry at that, I guess understandably, because he didn’t feel he had tried to kill me.”

Uma says that it took her 15 years for her to obtain the footage and that Miramax tried to get her to sign a document “releasing them of any consequences of my future pain and suffering” in exchange for the footage. She didn’t sign it.
    “When they turned on me after the accident, I went from being a creative contributor and performer to being like a broken tool,” Uma said.

Make sure to also read what Uma said in the article about being attacked by producer Harvey Weinstein, who produced the Kill Bill movies.

Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I read the whole interview she gave to The New York Times, and she gets detailed about Weinstein assaulting her and much more in depth about how not rosy things were between her and Quentin. It's a pretty interesting read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/o...imes&smtyp=cur
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Interesting interview, that car stunt incident was dangerous.

I always assumed that she and Quintin were besties. How scary the whole thing sounds.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Yes, so did I. I copy/pasted the whole article in the Harvey thread, but it wouldn't let me edit, so it's a mess.

This is the final paragraph in the Times, and it kinda broke my heart.

“Personally, it has taken me 47 years to stop calling people who are mean to you ‘in love’ with you. It took a long time because I think that as little girls we are conditioned to believe that cruelty and love somehow have a connection and that is like the sort of era that we need to evolve out of.”

Oh wow.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm glad she's spoken out. She was a huge part of Quentin Tarantino's success.
    czb, Lalasnake and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I watched the car crash video. It was horrible. Quentin is an asshole.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I seriously thought at one point they were lovers.

I always thought it was unrequited love on Quentin's part.
    Laurent, BrickHouse, czb and 6 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    I think they briefly were. Life is messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I always thought it was unrequited love on Quentin's part.
    I think it was/is. Unrequited love and abuse are really messy.

I read the entire piece in the NYT. I find it interesting (confusing?) that she tells the Weinstein story and this one at that same time. Maybe the writer didn't lay out the ebb and flow clearly or perhaps she is blending the two stories intentionally. Or I have done too much pre-super bowl drinking to read clearly.

But I'm left with the impression that the 2 stories are connected. Like if you piss off one of them you'd pay from either of them. Or is she saying it isn't just Harvey and the abuse is not always sexual. I can't tell.

Quentin comes off like a sadist though. Doing the spitting and choking as the director? That dudes fucked up.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I watched the Kill Bill movies so many times, I loved them. I always thought Quentin and Uma had a good working relationship and friendship, but there's obviously more layers involved there. I'm glad she's speaking out about both Harvey and Quentin.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    They were pictured kissing outside of a restaurant in 2014, a good decade after Kill Bill.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I know he made allusions to it in a magazine. But then he retracted it, and said they were purely platonic. I think this was around the time the release of Kill Bill, and Uma's divorce.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information