Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Elton John announces final tour

Default Elton John announces final tour

Elton John announces final tour

By Chloe Melas, CNN
    Updated 3:09 PM ET, Wed January 24, 2018

(CNN)Sir Elton John is saying goodbye to life on the road.

The music icon announced at a press event on Wednesday that his next world tour will be his last. The three-year tour will start in September, John told CNN's Anderson Cooper in a sit-down chat that was live-streamed around the world.

"I've been touring since I was 17 with various bands," John said. "I thought the time is right to say thank you to all my fans and say goodbye."

John said his priorities changed when he and his husband, David Furnish, had children.

"We had children and had changed our lives and in 2015 we sat down with their school schedule and we said I'm going to miss too much of this," he told Cooper.

There had been speculation for several days over what John's announcement would be after a countdown clock was posted to his official website with lyrics from his hit song, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."

John said on Wednesday that he decided in 2015 that this would be his last tour, telling Cooper, "I can't go on forever." The tour is called "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" but this isn't farewell forever. John said he still wants to make more albums.

"I'm not worried about stopping," he said.

John hits the road on September 8 for a tour that will include 300 shows across five continents. Tickets for "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" go on sale February 2.

Fans can also catch the Rocket Man in Las Vegas, where John is on his second residency at Caesars Palace. The singer had to cancel a few shows last year after he was hospitalized for a bacterial infection he contracted while he was on tour in South America. "The Million Dollar Piano" show will end in May.

John, 70, is also scheduled to perform a duet with Miley Cyrus at the Grammy Awards this weekend at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

He's also performing at a post-Grammys concert on January 30, "Elton John: I'm Still Standing-A Grammy Salute," which will include performances by Sam Smith, Chris Martin, John Legend and Keith Urban.

John is a celebrated artist whose self-titled 1970 debut reached No. 4 on the Billboard 200 and gave him his first Top 10, "Your Song," according to the Grammy's official site. He's won five Grammy Awards, a Tony and an Academy Award.

Early in his career, John was known for flamboyant costumes and wild glasses. He's taken the stage wearing a duck suit, a sequined baseball uniform and a Ronald McDonald outfit. He wore the colorful clothes to help create a spectacle and offset his shyness onstage.

He is the third most successful Billboard Hot 100 artist of all time, according to the magazine's tally of sales for music released between 1958 and 2015. Only the Beatles and Madonna rank higher.

John is currently collaborating on a Broadway musical based on "The Devil Wears Prada," the 2003 book written by Lauren Weisberger, which was turned into a film in 2006 starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/enter...our/index.html

Lots of pics at the site if you're interested in reminiscing.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Bronze Member

If you like his music and get a chance to see him in concert, go!

With 300 concerts, hopefully he comes near my hometown, I would really like to see him once.

I got to see him in Vegas a couple of years ago and he's still great even though he can't hit the high notes anymore.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Meh. I loved him so much in his Bernie Taupin days. Anything later, blech.
    czb and HeartShapedBox like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

And he shall be Leee vaaaahn, and he shall be a good man.
    gas_chick and HeartShapedBox like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

I guess he needs to make some more $$$$ to retire on.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah, how can he need even MOAR money? His houses are stuffed with possessions and they all look like the Versace houses. He has regular auctions and clear outs only to stuff his houses again. Even his flower bill was enormous. He seems to have hoarding tendencies because two men and two kids are set for life for generations already and how many multi-colored track suits does one person need? You would think even the yachts, the antiques, the stage clothes, the cars (and planes?) are finite.
    HWBL likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'm going and I've seen him at least 6 times already because I love him and I love to see him live. I think he hasn't been feeling great so I'm surprised he is doing such an undertaking but I don't blame him for being ready to retire and I'm glad he is giving his fans the chance to see him again instead of just saying hey I'm not touring anymore.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't think he's doing it because he needs money. It's a pretty long farewell tour though...3 years?!
    HWBL likes this.

That is about how long Motley Crue's was as well. He is hitting almost every place he can play on the planet. I got my tickets!!!!
    greysfang and Sarzy like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I saw him with my mom about 10 years ago. It was a good concert.
    Waterslide likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I got to see him in Vegas a couple of years ago and he's still great even though he can't hit the high notes anymore.
    I was going to ask if he's worth seeing now. Seeing his old live videos on YouTube, he's definitly on my list. I hope I don't make the same mistake of not seeing him like I did with a Joan Rivers comedy show or Tom Petty live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I was going to ask if he's worth seeing now. Seeing his old live videos on YouTube, he's definitly on my list. I hope I don't make the same mistake of not seeing him like I did with a Joan Rivers comedy show or Tom Petty live.
    I saw him a few years ago. He was worth every single penny.
    Oasis and gas_chick like this.

ELTON JOHN PISSED AFTER FLYING BEADS TO FACE ...NOT Alright on Any Night!!

2/16/2018 12:40 AM PST

Elton John was totally down for fighting on a Wednesday night when a fan whacked him in the mouth with some beads ... temporarily silencing the legend.

Sir Elton was right in the middle of "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" during his Caesars Palace concert when what looks like leftover Mardi Gras beads came flying over his piano.

Check out the vid ... the singer was pissed and a little stunned as he checked his teeth for damage. Even though the band kept rocking, Elton needed a good 35 seconds to compose himself.

We're told he'd just invited the first row to come on stage, and one of those fans was the bead-tosser.
    It's a guarantee he or she will NOT be invited back.

Elton John Stunned and Silenced After Mardi Gras Beads to the Mouth | TMZ.com

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information