• 2 Post By stella blue
  • 6 Post By gas_chick
  • 3 Post By holly
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 2 Post By Mrs P
  • 2 Post By Mrs P

Thread: Mariah Carey sued for cancelled shows in 2016

Default Mariah Carey sued for cancelled shows in 2016

Mariah Carey involved in $3 million lawsuit with concert promoters in South America over nixed 2016 gigs

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 04:14, 18 January 2018 | UPDATED: 09:03, 18 January 2018

Mariah Carey has been sued for $3 million-plus by the promotion company Fenix over a pair of cancelled 2016 concerts in South America, after the songstress sued the promoters over the same shows.
    The 47-year-old was slated to appear in solo shows in Argentina and Chile during her Sweet Sweet Fantasy tour, but withdrew from the shows.
    The One Sweet Day singer said in the suit she filed earlier this month that Fenix had stiffed her on her fees, hurting her brand as a performer.

+

The queen: Mariah Carey, 47, was named in a lawsuit from a South American concert promoter over a pair of 2016 concerts that were called off. The performer was seen dazzling on New Year's Eve in NYC

In retort, Fenix said in court docs that they paid the Emotions singer $703,100, almost 75 percent of her fee, which they said was the standard formula based on past business they had done, TMZ reported.
    Carey's true motivation in cancelling the show, the concert promoter told the court, was poor ticket sales she had during a trio of Brazilian concerts beforehand.

Adding to the animosity between Carey and Fenix was a tweet she sent in October of 2016 seemingly placing the blame in their lap.
    'Devastated my shows in Chile, Argentina & Brazil had to be cancelled,' the Grammy-winning artist tweeted, adding that her 'fans deserve better than how some of these promoters treated them.'
    Earlier this month, Carey's organization Mirage Entertainment said in court docs that the singer wanted her full fee for the shows, as well as payment for damages and court fees associated with the exchange, E! News reported.

Under the bus? The promoter took exception to the way Carey characterized them in an October 2016 tweet explaining the cancelled shows

+4

Trendsetter: The diva started a social media sensation in calling for her tea on New Year's Eve

Aside from the legal wranglings, it's been a strong start to 2018 for Carey, who rebounded from a dismal New Year’s Eve performance to start 2017 to end it with a banner performance on the same special.
    The singer, who's mom to six-year-old twins Monroe and Moroccan with ex-husband Nick Cannon, belted out strong renditions of her hits Vision of Love and Hero on the annual special.
    She inadvertently added a special pop culture footnote when she complained about a lack of tea, triggering a flurry of social media responses celebrating Mariah's fondness for the beverage.

+4

Happy night: The songstress radiated glamour in a Yves Saint Laurent top while grabbing dinner in Malibu on Tuesday with her boyfriend Bryan Tanaka

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5282481/Mariah-Carey-sued-promoters-3-mil-2016-shows.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Sweet Sweet Fantasy tour? That's funny.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Yeah right. I doubt that is tea in her mug, and it probably isn’t that fond of it. She probably got tired of being pictured with champagne flutes in her hand, and looking wasted.
    sputnik, holly, Mrs P and 2 others like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

$703k for doing nothing? I’d send them a thank you note.
    Mrs P and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

At this point, I don't know why anyone is booking her.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Mariah Carey has been sued for $3 million-plus by the promotion company Fenix over a pair of cancelled 2016 concerts in South America, after the songstress sued the promoters over the same shows.
    The 47-year-old was slated to appear in solo shows in Argentina and Chile during her Sweet Sweet Fantasy tour, but withdrew from the shows.
    The One Sweet Day singer said in the suit she filed earlier this month that Fenix had stiffed her on her fees, hurting her brand as a performer.

Oh girl, you do that well enough on your own! Don't be holding that blame to anyone else!

She looks like an entirely different person from 90-91,
    back in her "Vision of Love" days. She was cute back then.
    Now she's a bloated, over-filled mess. Her old nose was much better, too!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    At this point, I don't know why anyone is booking her.
    I know. Allegedly it was due to poor ticket sales so I don't know why anyone is actually hoping for a live mime act anyway.
    holly likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Her work was always obvious, but that picture of her holding the tea cup is the first time I've had a "woahhhhh" moment for how much she has done to her face.

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    Her work was always obvious, but that picture of her holding the tea cup is the first time I've had a "woahhhhh" moment for how much she has done to her face.
    Good point. Looks like she could be Latoya Jackson's younger sister.
    dallison and Mivvi21 like this.

47? When did she get younger than me?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    47? When did she get younger than me?
    I'm sure you look far better and don't stuff yourself in outfits where it looks like two pigs wrestling under a blanket!
    greysfang and SHELLEE like this.

Thread Information