Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Catherine Deneuve and other c*nts declare "men should be free to hit on women"

Default Catherine Deneuve and other c*nts declare "men should be free to hit on women"

Meanwhile in France ...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...nstein-scandal

Seriously, why don't these old cunts shut the fuck up and themselves come to that.
    But after all, what to expect from the woman who sided with Polanski, saying the term "rape" was exaggerated ...

(sorry I don't know how to embed the article properly)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Are all her cosigners French women? I wish La Folie were around to comment on this.

They are.
    I must admit I hadn't heard about most of them, but for those I had heard about, I was not surprised.

(ps: I'm French too ^^)
    MohandasKGanja and Brookie like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Her problem -- and the problem of other people whining about the whole Weinstein thing meaning that "flirting is dead" -- is that there is a difference between hitting on someone and unwanted and/or inappropriate sexual attention or harassment.
    You're out in a social situation and see someone you're interested in? Go ahead, hit on them. They aren't interested? Back the fuck off.
    You're at work and the supervisor of someone you're interested in? Uh, no. Keep it to yourself. Be professional.

“Men have been punished summarily, forced out of their jobs when all they did was touch someone’s knee or try to steal a kiss,” Don't touch the knees of your work colleagues. Don't kiss them.

How hard is this?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    They are.
    I must admit I hadn't heard about most of them, but for those I had heard about, I was not surprised.

(ps: I'm French too ^^)
    At one of my previous companies, the marketing director said something like, "When I was working in France, not only were the women not offended when you commented how they looked in their outfits, they EXPECTED you to". It didn't make me necessarily think that the workplace in France was better or more egalitarian.

Oh, Catherine! Really? Another one i really loved bites the dust. I honestly believe that noone ever dared to harass her, her standing in France has always been extraordinary. i also understand that she liked Polanski, he added to her fame with "Repulsion". But this is the last straw. It's just so uncalled for and tone-deaf. Why must she ruin her legacy with talking bullshit like this?
    lindsaywhit likes this.

What Twitchy said.
    Kittylady and Mrs P like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Sigh. Yes, if you're in a social setting, by all means flirt away, right up until the object of your desires turns you down. Then back off or you'll end up looking like a creep.
    If you're in a position of power don't flirt with a subordinate while at work. Ever.
    Conveniently, this goes for both men and women, gay and straight. It's not difficult.
    Kittylady, Mrs P and GRuser1 like this.

what a dumbass
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Elite Member

I worked for many French companies and had many french co-workers both men and women(expats) but they were all professional. Inspired by madame Deneuve , one of the most popular news outlets in my country run a poll today. I was extremely disappointed. Surprisingly, 39% agreed with her.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Her problem -- and the problem of other people whining about the whole Weinstein thing meaning that "flirting is dead" -- is that there is a difference between hitting on someone and unwanted and/or inappropriate sexual attention or harassment.
    You're out in a social situation and see someone you're interested in? Go ahead, hit on them. They aren't interested? Back the fuck off.
    You're at work and the supervisor of someone you're interested in? Uh, no. Keep it to yourself. Be professional.

“Men have been punished summarily, forced out of their jobs when all they did was touch someone’s knee or try to steal a kiss,” Don't touch the knees of your work colleagues. Don't kiss them.

How hard is this?

It's really that simple. If it's professional keep it professional. I recently watched a facebook meltdown from features responding to this with a bunch of topics. They all made the same argument. They kept saying "I'm an adult, I can handle a pussy joke at work."

I finally chimed in, "Adults don't make pussy jokes at work, teenagers do. Seriously where did you get the idea that talking about sex at work was acting like a grown up? Are you stunted in your teenaged years?"

features asking to be treated 100% professionally at work is not that hard to do.
    Kittylady likes this.

We make fart jokes all the time at work.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

How hard is this?
    This. 100%.

Although... I worked for an international French company in the early 1980’s. I dated my boss’ boss. (Hangs head but smiles because he was such a great guy.)
    Timetoout likes this.

^^Yeah, but I'm guessing you weren't harassed into dating him...
    czb and Kittylady like this.

How hard is this?
    Yep. And...newsflash: whipping your dick out is NOT flirting.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information