Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: James Franco Denies Sexual Harassment Allegations

Default James Franco Denies Sexual Harassment Allegations

James Franco has addressed sexual harassment allegations leveled at him recently on Twitter.

During his appearance on Tuesday’s The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Franco was asked to speak about the accusations after he received criticism for wearing a Time’s Up pin in support of sexual harassment and assault awareness at the Golden Globe Awards, during which he won best movie actor for The Disaster Artist.

“I haven’t read them. I’ve heard about them,” the actor, 39, said.

During Sunday’s telecast, several women, including The Breakfast Club actress Ally Sheedy, called out Franco with the #MeToo hashtag. In now-deleted tweets, Sheedy wrote: “Why is James Franco allowed in? Said too much.” and “James Franco just won. Please never ever ask me why I left the film/tv business.”

Franco named Sheedy during his interview with late-night host Stephen Colbert saying, “Okay, first of all, I have no idea what I did to Ally Sheedy, I directed her in a play Off-Broadway. I had nothing but a great time with her, total respect for her. I have no idea why she was upset.

“She took the tweet down. I don’t know. I can’t speak for her, I don’t know,” said Franco, who worked with Sheedy in 2014 on his Off-Broadway directorial debut, The Long Shrift.

“The others… look, in my life, I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I’ve done. I have to do that to maintain my well-being. I do it whenever I know that there is something wrong or needs to be changed, I make it a point to do it,” the Oscar-nominated star said.

James Franco Denies Sexual Harassment Allegations | PEOPLE.com

I'm surprised more haven't come out about him. I used to think he was so hot, and now I want to know what the fuck I was thinking. He skeeves me out big time.
    dallison, fgg, rollo and 7 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I remember when an underage Instagram user posted DM's between the two. He wanted her to meet him at a hotel. Regardless of these recent accusations, he deserves to be called out.
    ChemicalHelena likes this.

There have been loads of blinds about him, including recent blinds from his detour into education. But it's not good if Ally posted and then deleted. She's just putting it out there without evidence and the Hollywood rumour mill will keep spinning.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I just heard on the news that the NY Times cancelled an event with him to promote his movie. Let the fallout begin.

I used to like him (mostly based on his looks of course) but then he got skeevy looking and started with all this "I'm an avant garde artiste" bullshit. I was actually surprised he won the GG, not that I've seen the movie or anything, but it seems pretty out there. I doubt he'll be this year's Casey Affleck. And speaking of Casey, I have to doubt he would have won that Oscar in today's atmosphere. What a difference a year makes.
    MohandasKGanja and holly like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    I remember when an underage Instagram user posted DM's between the two. He wanted her to meet him at a hotel. Regardless of these recent accusations, he deserves to be called out.
    IIRC, she was 17- so legally in NY not unable to give consent.

I liked 11.22.63, but only because I almost forgot it was him. Other than that, I didn't really like many of his performances. For some unearthly reason, he played Tristan in Tristan + Isolde and that was godawful. I didn't even like him in that movie with Robert DeNiro about being by the sea (my brain's not functioning today so whatever). He's definitely gives off a shady vibe. I was kind of hoping that's all it was, but it's Hollywood, why would anyone just seem shady?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

He’s one I’ve just never understood the appeal. Always seemed skeevy and pretentious.

Am I the only one wondering if Casey Affleck will actually present the Oscar for Best Actress this year? He must be nervous about his reception. Or maybe not. The sense of entitlement runs deep in that pack.

Ive never liked James Franco, I tried to watch him in that new TV show set in the 1970s - I just find him sleazy.

He and Seth Rogen are fucking hilarious together, and I refuse not to enjoy their comedic stylings
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Hey, I loved Pineapple Express and This is the End because they are funny together. He's still an asshole for disappointing me for being a skeevey pervert.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Am I the only one wondering if Casey Affleck will actually present the Oscar for Best Actress this year? He must be nervous about his reception. Or maybe not. The sense of entitlement runs deep in that pack.
    That is messed up that tradition dictates that Affleck will give out that Oscar. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Hey, I loved Pineapple Express and This is the End because they are funny together. He's still an asshole for disappointing me for being a skeevey pervert.
    I love "This is the End", and the irony is that he is playing himself. I just checked out Franco's IMDB entry, and he is, hands-down, the busiest actor in Holllywood. He doesn't turn anything down. Makes about 10 things a year - from shorts to TV show appearances, to movies.

DailyMail had some really disturbing stories about him today in terms of how he ran his acting classes and directed his short films. It's the kind of boundary issues that you would associate with Uncle Terry, just not that extreme. Apparently, he has been calling some of the people who Tweeted about him to personally apologize (which they mentioned). Very weird.

This prick just won Best Actor tonight at the Critics Choice Awards-which I think is like the Walmart of awards shows. Of course the coward didn’t show. He better call Spacey & Fat Fuck Weinstein to see if he can bunk with them at Rapist Rehab.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Elite Member

When he was onstage at the Golden Globes I told my daughter I was surprised no one had accused him of anything. He just gives off that vibe, and then bam! the next day... I wasn't shocked at all.

I find that him using his status as an educator particularly creepy.

I really wanna see The Disaster Artist even though I think he's a creep.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information