Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood warns fans she may not look the same after ‘freak random accident’

Default Carrie Underwood warns fans she may not look the same after ‘freak random accident’

Yeowch!

Carrie Underwood warns fans she may not look the same after ?freak random accident? | National Post

January 2, 2018 9:26 AM EST

Chris Pizzello/Invision

Carrie Underwood warns fans she may not look the same after ‘freak random accident’

In mid-November, country star Carrie Underwood tripped and fell on the stairs outside her Nashville home, and according to her publicist she had “non life-threatening injuries including a broken wrist and cuts and abrasions.”
    Underwood, one of the top-selling artists in country music, tweeted an update at the time to her eight million followers. “I just wanted to let everyone know that I’m doing great. Had surgery on my wrist yesterday & all went well,” she said, and jokingly added, “I’ll be setting off airport metal detectors from now on.”

However, on New Year’s Day, Underwood sent a letter to her fan club members and revealed that her injuries were actually more serious than initially reported. “There is also another part of the story that I haven’t been ready to talk about, since I have still been living it and there has been much uncertainty as to how things will end up,” she wrote. “It’s crazy how a freak random accident can change your life.”
    Underwood, 34, explained that in addition to her broken wrist, she injured her face. “I’ll spare you the gruesome details, but when I came out of surgery the night of my fall, the doctor told Mike that he had put between 40-50 stitches in,” she wrote, referring to her husband, hockey player Mike Fisher. “Now here we are 7 weeks later and, even though I’ve had the best people helping me, I’m still healing and not looking quite the same.”

The singer didn’t go into detail, but said she’s going into the recording studio next week to work on new music – so presumably, she’ll appear in public sometime in the not-distant future. The next major country music event is the Academy of Country Music Awards in April. A week before her fall, Underwood co-hosted the Country Music Association Awards with Brad Paisley for the 10th year in a row.

“When I am ready to get in front of a camera, I want you all to understand why I might look a bit different,” Underwood wrote. “I’m hoping that, by then, the differences are minimal, but, again, I just don’t know how it’s all going to end up.”

After spending most of 2016 on tour supporting her fifth studio album, “Storyteller,” Underwood said early last year that she planned to take “a little break” from music to spend time with her husband and toddler son. She has been mostly out of the public eye since her accident, except for posing for a photo with a cast member from Bravo’s “Below Deck,” who spotted her at the gym in December.
    Ultimately, Underwood said in her message to fans, she’s relieved things turned out the way they did.
    “I am grateful that it wasn’t much, much worse,” she wrote, adding that she’s going through physical therapy for her wrist. “I’ve still got a ways to go in the recovery process, but it’s encouraging to see every day be a little better than the last.”

greysfang likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Sounds like she took quite a tumble. Hope there wasn't a hockey stick involved.

Exactly my thoughts.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I could be wrong, but I think I see a hint of a scar on the right side by her eye...?

Look a bit different? Maybe she is thinking that it looks worse than it really is although that is a lot of stitches to get to the face. Hopefully she's ok.
    fgg, C_is_for_Cookie and Trixie like this.

From what I've read, the husband was out of town on a hunting trip and had to fly back when the accident happened.
    Wisher likes this.

Bad plastic surgery?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

If she's got a bionic wrist now, I'm thinking it really was a fall.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Surgeons can do wonderful work stitching someone's face back together. I'm sure she'll look just fine.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I admit "hockey stick" crossed my mind too, but I'm actually inclined to believe her. She's young and pretty and depends on her looks so I'm sure having damage to her face is traumatic and it might seem a lot worse to her than it really is. No doubt she has the best doctors ready to fix her up but it's only a few months post-injury so she might need more healing time before they can do any scar revision. I'm not really a fan but she seems like a nice enough person so I hope it all works out for her.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ditto. I don't see any reason to doubt her. If I had to get that many stitches in my head, I'd be traumatized too.

Damn, hope she's ok. That sounds painful.

I'm wondering if she had a boozey tumble. I really dont know much about her, but how does one fall off a step, break a wrist and need that many stitches? 40-50 is a lot for a face. It was either one really long laceration or multiple.

She is such a beautiful woman, I hope she heals well.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    She has been mostly out of the public eye since her accident, except for posing for a photo with a cast member from Bravo’s “Below Deck,” who spotted her at the gym in December.
    This is that photo. I don't see anything terribly obvious, but maybe it's the angle.

“What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I have a friend who literally missed the one step from her house into her garage and broke her ankle, which is now on surgery #3 to fix it. She also severely sprained the other ankle and was basically couch bound for weeks. She was sober, going to her car to go somewhere with her kids. One missed step can do some major damage.

I hope Carrie is okay. I don't mind her. She seems nice enough. Her only real failing, in my opinion, is her propensity to go to deep into pageant dresses and hair.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information