Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Ruby Rose Speaks Out After Criticism of Acne

Default Ruby Rose Speaks Out After Criticism of Acne

After receiving hateful comments about her skin at the Pitch Perfect 3 premiere in Australia, the star posted a series of of photos on Instagram stories Monday, sharing the reason behind her breakouts. “Yeah it sucks.. for me, i don’t see how it’s bothering so many others? but I’m a human. It happens.. one side of my face is clear and the other is a mess,” Rose wrote.

But she already seems to know the reason behind the issue. “Dermatologist says it’s from the bacteria from all the phone interviews I did for PP3 and a reaction to hotel pillow cases (which I already know),” she wrote on the photo.

And according to NYC-based celebrity dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe, these two factors have easy fixes. “Acne is caused by bacteria but also by friction,” Bowe explains. “Rubbing anything against your skin such as your phone or a cotton pillow case can clog those pores and trigger a special form of acne called acne mechanica. A great way to avoid that is to go hands-free (Bluetooth or earbud) and to switch to copper or silk pillowcases. Copper is antimicrobial and skin slides better against silk. I suggest keeping one with you when you travel – Iluminage makes a travel pillow case. ”

Rose went on to address her haters in another post that pointed out her breakouts. “This acne belongs to me, not them, and you are welcome to it,” she wrote, adding that she was distraught after the Pitch Perfect 3 premiere in Australia. “I never thought I’d see the day I’d leave my beautiful country balling my eyes out … when I was so excited to come home.”

[From People]

Cele|bitchy | Ruby Rose explains that she has acne on one side of her face from using her phone

That doesn't explain the skeletal look she's been sporting lately...
    arie_skop, Lalasnake and Palermo like this.

That's just meth. You aren't fooling anyone

Too much explaining. Quit getting cranked out and picking your face.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Oh sure, because secretaries, assistants and people who work at call-centers all have big pimples.
    Especially with the smartphones hand free speaking systems, that explanation is so much bullshit.

She should really quit the drugs, eat a sandwich and book some tattoo removal sessions.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I don't know enough about her to know whether she's on drugs or not, but as an acne sufferer I can tell you that phones etc CAN be a trigger. I always keep a tub of antibacterial phone and desk wipes handy in work situations and use them several times a day to try and minimise the chances of a outbreak, but it still happens now and then.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Did no one tell her it wasn't acne people were shocked by?

Yeah I wasn't making a comment about her face except for the face she looks like it is skin stretched over bones.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

who makes an article about an acne breakout then hawks a pillow cover to prevent it! blatant advertorial~!~~~
    sprynkles and Lalasnake like this.

At least she didn't claim exhaustion.
    arie_skop, tulip and Lalasnake like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

you live in la la land if you think that you can post all kinds of photos and videos of yourself and never get any negative comments. these people need a thicker skin or get off social media. get a clue!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    who makes an article about an acne breakout then hawks a pillow cover to prevent it! blatant advertorial~!~~~
    Haha, that stuck out to me too. I have a copper pillow case and a copper sleep mask. They are great.
    Annika likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I've been super blessed with good skin considering I don't take care of it much and my diet is crap. Maybe one spot a year? A couple of years ago when I went on a medication I developed what I thought was a heat rash at the time. Super embarassing. I forgot my meds when I went on a vacation and ta da, my skin cleared. When I went back on, it broke out again. So I chose appearance over mental health.

^ proving once again, it's better to look good than to feel good! and I'm sure you look mah-volous!!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Just like the other posts, most people were shocked with her weight.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information