Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Beth Chapman has throat cancer. Update: RIP

Default Beth Chapman has throat cancer. Update: RIP

Dog the Bounty Hunter
    star Beth Chapmanis determined to beat her stage two throat cancer — and she says that she won’t let the disease break her.

Talking to PEOPLE about her diagnosis and cancer journey, Beth 49, displays a determination to keep a positive attitude, despite her frightening diagnosis.

“I knew I couldn’t let it take me over,” Beth tells PEOPLE. “I had to keep moving, every day, moving forward. That’s all you can do when you get a diagnosis like this. So I take it each day at a time. And I’ll fight it with all that I have.”
    The reality star and her husband, Duane “Dog” Chapman will take viewers with them as Beth goes through surgery and journeys toward recovery in Dog and Beth: Fight of Their Lives — and the early prognosis was terrifying. “As I start this battle, I don’t see a lot of optimism,” she says on the show. “They give me 50/50 chances.”

But one thing Beth does not want anyone to do: pity her. “I don’t need to be pitied,” she tells PEOPLE. “I didn’t surround myself with people who pity the situation. I wanted to be around people who helped me move forward. My friend Shannon Tweed pushed me every minute of every day, but she didn’t pity me.”
    “People get scared when they get the diagnosis,” she continues. “I’m no different; of course I was scared. And then people go to Doctor Google, and it becomes an even more desperate situation. I didn’t want that. I had people around me who didn’t let me fall into darkness. They pulled me forward.”

One of the people who is pulling her forward is her husband. “I’m just so proud of her,” Dog tells PEOPLE. “She’s fighting this, she’s tough. You’ll see on the show how tough she is. I just want all our fans to say prayers. She’s fighting this, and I know she’s going to win. ”

“Cancer is a terrible, deadly disease that can take away your faith and your hope,” Beth says. “You’ve got to fight it like hell. You can’t let it overtake your body — but you also can’t let it overtake your brain and your spirit.”

The Chapmans are relying on their faith to help them through these difficult months. “I totally believe in the power of prayer,” says Beth. “I believe that what you confess with your mouth, you can make happen. You know, you can’t get a miracle unless you seek one.”
    Dog and Beth: Fight of Their Lives premieres on November 27th at 9pm E.T. on A&E.

Beth Chapman Opens Up About Her Cancer Battle | PEOPLE.com

Well that sucks. They can probably afford the best care and hopefully she'll beat it. She may be a bitch on wheels, but so is cancer. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Cancer does suck and get sick of seeing the word. I truly believe there is a cure out there but big money pharma isn't going to let that be known.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^^^ I completely agree and have been saying that for years. Medical Care should be Not For Profit, but I digress.

Also, that must be a really old pic. I follow her on IG and she is much slimmer.

Wow she sure has lost a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    ^^^ I completely agree and have been saying that for years. Medical Care should be Not For Profit, but I digress.

Also, that must be a really old pic. I follow her on IG and she is much slimmer.

Her boobs are sitting on her lap.
    Angeli and DawnM74 like this.

i hope she beats it.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Fuck cancer.
    sparkles and rollo like this.

Beth Chapman from ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’ in a medically-induced coma

POSTED 3:15 PM, JUNE 23, 2019, BY CNN WIRE

'Dog the Bounty Hunter' star in medically induced comaCNN

Reality star and bail bondswoman Beth Chapman is in a medically induced coma. She was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2017.

Published at: 12:41 PM, Sun Jun 23 2019

Beth Chapman, the bail bondswoman who starred on the reality show “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” is in a medically induced coma, her husband Duane “Dog” Chapman has confirmed on Facebook.

The Facebook post linked to a Hawaii News Now story saying that Chapman was admitted to the ICU at Queen’s Medical Center in Honolulu.

“Please say your prayers for Beth right now thank you love you,” Dog Chapman tweeted.

Chapman, 51, starred with her husband on the A&E reality show “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” which ran from 2004 to 2012. The show followed Dog, the mulleted bounty hunter, and his platinum blond wife Beth, who formed a ferocious team with other family and colleagues and tracked down bail fugitives.

The show filmed in Hawaii as well as Colorado, and the two got married in 2006 in a season three episode.

The couple then starred in “Dog and Beth: On the Hunt,” a spin-off that aired on CMT from 2013 to 2015.

But in September 2017, they used their Facebook account to announce Chapman had been diagnosed with Stage 2 throat cancer.

They revealed during an A&E special “Dog & Beth: Fight of Their Lives” in November 2017 that the cancer had been removed, but it came back last year. She was hospitalized in April due to an accumulation of fluid in her lungs, and doctors performed an emergency procedure to alleviate pressure, the couple said at the time.

Despite the diagnosis, the Chapmans announced a new show “Dog’s Most Wanted” would soon be coming to WGN America.

“My wife, the love of my life, is fighting for her life, and instead of being at home helping her, I’m out here looking for you,” Dog Chapman says in the promo. “So I’m warning you in advance: May God have mercy on you when I catch you. Because I won’t.”

“You’ve been warned,” Beth Chapman adds.

She has also kept up with fans on her Instagram page, and she posted a photo of herself on June 12 with the hashtag “#CancerWillNotBeatMe”.

Beth Chapman raised 12 children with her husband and spent nearly 30 years in the bail bond business, her website states. In 2016, she was elected President of the Professional Bail Agents of the United States.

Dog Chapman first made headlines in 2003 when he and his son captured Andrew Luster, an heir to the Max Factor cosmetics line, in Mexico. Luster had fled from Southern California to Mexico during his rape trial and was convicted in absentia of raping three women after drugging them and videotaping the act, CNN reported at the time.
    https://wgntv.com/2019/06/23/beth-ch...-induced-coma/
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Lawd have mercy she needs a reduction. Not even about looks, but those boobs have got to be debilitating/causing problems.
    DawnM74 and Beeyotch like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Lawd have mercy she needs a reduction. Not even about looks, but those boobs have got to be debilitating/causing problems.
    You’d be surprised. My breasts are huge and extremely heavy- I’m a J cup- and my chest does not hurt me at all. The only issues it causes are finding clothes. She might be totally fine with them. Although breasts are obviously not the major concern with her right now.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Can someone please explain why people go into a medically induced coma? Is it because of the pain, or helping them slowly die or something? I have heard of it before, but never understood it.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I think pain can be one issue, but it seems maybe it gives the body and brain the time and energy to heal, and possibly "reset"
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    You’d be surprised. My breasts are huge and extremely heavy- I’m a J cup- and my chest does not hurt me at all. The only issues it causes are finding clothes. She might be totally fine with them. Although breasts are obviously not the major concern with her right now.
    What about your back? Shoulders? Neck?

That hurts me just looking at it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information