Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree790Likes

Thread: Kevin Spacey 'Apologizes' for Sexual Harassment

Elite Member

Default Kevin Spacey 'Apologizes' for Sexual Harassment

http://https://www.huffingtonpost.co...ushpmg00000009

Kevin Spacey Responds To Report He Sexually Harassed Then-14-Year-Old Anthony Rapp
    The actor’s response to the allegations was his first public declaration that he is gay.

By Nick Visser

STEVE MACK VIA GETTY IMAGES
    Actor Anthony Rapp accused Kevin Spacey of making a sexual advance towards him in 1986 when Rapp was 14.
    Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey has addressed a report that he once sexually harassed actor Anthony Rapp.

Rapp, who is currently starring in the TV series “Star Trek: Discovery” and is best known for work in the play and movie “Rent,” told BuzzFeed News that Spacey invited him to a party at his apartment in 1986. Rapp was 14 years old at the time.

Spacey’s statement, made on Twitter early Monday, included his first public declaration that he is gay. He did not deny that the incident took place, citing the passage of time and being drunk on the occasion, but apologized to Rapp for “what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.”

“I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years,” Spacey wrote.

In his account, Rapp said he was the only person who was underage at the party, and that at the end of the night, then-26-year-old Spacey “picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance.”

Although Rapp did not report the incident to authorities, BuzzFeed stated that he told several friends and a former boyfriend about the encounter at various times beginning in 1990.

On Twitter early Monday, Rapp said he finally went public about the incident by “standing on the shoulders of the many courageous women and men who have been speaking out” about sexual misconduct in the media industry in recent weeks.

Similar allegations have upended Hollywood in recent weeks, beginning with widespread claims of abuse against film producer Harvey Weinstein, Amazon Studios head Roy Price and director James Toback.

Spacey used his statement to address long-standing rumors about his sexuality, saying he has had relationships with both men and women throughout his life, but he now lives as a gay man.

“As those closest to me know, in my life I have had relationships with both men and women,” Spacey stated. “I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose now to live as a gay man. I want to deal with this honestly and openly and that starts with examining my own behavior.”

Seriously, Kev? Gay or not. This. Is. Not. OK.

Wow. He's hoping the coming out will overshadow the allegations of sexual assault.
    yanna, Sassiness, idunno and 16 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Well, damn.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Deflecting much? And - he chose to be gay?
    Sorry, but KS is full of shit! He forced himself on a 14 year old - that is the story here, nothing else.
    Sassiness, kasippu, idunno and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Wow. He's hoping the coming out will overshadow the allegations of sexual assault.
    The gay community has spent decades fighting the assumption of so many homophobes that gay men = pedophiles. Especially if closeted.

So Spacey finally comes out, but does so in a way that he conflates accusations of him acting in a sexually predatory way towards a 14 year old with an implication that it happened often and linking his sexuality to his conduct?

What an utter cunt.

Also, nice "apology" to take zero personal responsibility...

* I don't remember this
    * but if it happened, I'm sorry
    * gee I was drunk a lot and did many bad things while drunk
    * I was bi but now I'm gay
    * please be distracted by me finally coming out and ignore the bit about me admitting to potentially many predatory sexual encounters.
    Trixie, idunno, Janus and 12 others like this.

Bronze Member

Kevin Spacey tried to hit on a 14 yr old but but there's nothing to see here folks/all is now ok cause he’s also come out as proudly gay! (nice way to shit on the gay community asshole).

Man and i thought Affleck photographed buying a puppy the other week was the ultimate hollywood diversion.

...and he blamed it on the alcohol...probably bloody vodka..... I knew there was a Russian connection here somewhere!

idunno, Janus, sprynkles and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

At least he (sort of) admitted it. Unlike others who threaten to sue the victims(latest being Tariq Ramadan). And we wonder why the victims prefer to remain silent.
    Janus and Kittylady like this.

I can't insert this article from Entertainment Weekly cos I'm on a tablet...
    Never thought I'd say this but thanks for Twitter!! People are calling him out on his "apology"... The deflecting *ucker..

Kevin Spacey comes out as gay amid Anthony Rapp allegations

edit: The tweets

Just wanna be really fucking clear that being gay has nothing to do w/ going after underage folks
    — Cameron Esposito (@cameronesposito) October 30, 2017

This is changing the subject. Rapp's charge is pedophilia. https://t.co/FNSiSW27KB
    — Frank Rich (@frankrichny) October 30, 2017

Christ, of all the ways to come out. pic.twitter.com/ZhLa3VNOGx
    — realMarkHarris (@MarkHarrisNYC) October 30, 2017

Kevin Spacey exploiting coming out as a gay man to try to distract from his assault on a 14-year-old is repugnant https://t.co/4yaYljlReXhttps://t.co/UUXOwZZaLf
    — Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) October 30, 2017

Never thought in my adult life that I would say coming out was a bad thing, but for Kevin Spacey it is.
    — Phillip Henry (@MajorPhilebrity) October 30, 2017

Kevin Spacey being gay is irrelevant to Kevin Spacey being a predator. Do not make that the story as though they are linked.
    — Rachel Sklar ❄️ (@rachelsklar) October 30, 2017

Kevin Spacey’s coming out was worse than when I came out as a Big Bang Theory fan
    — Ira Madison III (@ira) October 30, 2017

For a famous person to deflect these accusations with a long-in-the-making coming out is so cruel to his supposed new community it stings
    — Richard Lawson (@rilaws) October 30, 2017

SEXUAL ASSAULT IS NOT ABOUT SEXUALITY. SEXUAL ASSAULT IS ABOUT POWER. SAY IT WITH ME, PLEASE. #KevinSpacey
    — Jordan Gavaris (@JordanGavaris) October 30, 2017

Harvey Weinstein: "I'm going to fight the NRA!"
    Kevin Spacey: "I'm gay!"
    Same story different distractions….
    — Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) October 30, 2017

Pedophilia is pedophilia regardless of sexual orientation or am I missing something here.
    — Masked sGHOULduler (@maskedscheduler) October 30, 2017

Congrats to Spacey for making his shitty day a shitty day for entire gay community that fought for decades not to be equated with pederasty.
    — Scott Renshaunt (@scottrenshaw) October 30, 2017

So Kevin Spacey is gonna use a coming out narrative to deflect that this 'oopsie' moment happened with a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD. infuriating.
    — LW (@lindseyweber) October 30, 2017

kevin spacey trying to use coming out of the closet to distract from anthony rapp pic.twitter.com/yfKXNKDbzk
    — no dana, only zuul (@DanaSchwartzzz) October 30, 2017

Can't believe I'm saying this in 2017 but here it goes:
    Being gay is not an excuse for trying to molest children. pic.twitter.com/5mA4o0r7xm
    — Travon Free (@Travon) October 30, 2017

Bye bye, Spacey goodbye, it’s your turn to cry, that’s why we’ve gotta say goodbye. #ROSEARMY
    — rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 30, 2017

kevin spacey does not get to have a poignant coming out moment after he attempted statutory rape. he doesn't get control of this narrative.
    — 👻 djinni maxwell 👻 (@astroblob) October 30, 2017

Lots of arguing on my feed about whether Kevin Spacey came out tonight. This is not what we should be focused on. He hurt a child!
    — MariaElena Fernandez (@writerchica) October 30, 2017

The more I think about that statement, the more cruel it is. The courage it took Anthony Rapp to do that, and this is the response.
    — 🎃🎃Aly Semigran🎃🎃 (@AlySemigran) October 30, 2017

Ashamed to have been accused of bank robbery- I forget if I did that- but this is a good time to let you all know; I am Jewish.
    — Moshe Kasher (@moshekasher) October 30, 2017
    Last edited by Geest; October 30th, 2017 at 08:42 AM. Reason: trying to insert at least the tweets
    Janus, Kittylady and Lalasnake like this.

If I were the LBGTQ, I would kick him out. He is basically making it look like being gay makes it okay that he attacked an underage boy. Like crazy, right wingers don't already think gays are the only pedos in the world. Jeez dude. What a piece of shit.
    Kittylady, Janus, tulip and 1 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Pretty slimy of him, maybe he's taking his PR cues from Frank Underwood. Although Frank would have pushed this guy in front of a train before he even went public with his accusation.
    will it be enough to deflect attention though? I think it will depend on whether or not more accusers start coming out of the woodwork.
    Kittylady and Janus like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

wow, the whole, you have a better memory than i do and if i did that, and you really had those feelings, then i'm sorry....THIS is what my EX HUSBAND did all. of. the. time to me and i ended up thinking he was a sociopath.
    Janus likes this.

I have suspected this smary prick for years. This is NO news to me. But I thought he came out years ago. In any event he needs to go crawl away from Hollywood and go live under a rock in the desert. Fucking creep.
    Janus and mopar like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Not for me...he's a fucking creep.
    Janus, tulip and HeartShapedBox like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Man, what an excellent example of how someone can be an amazing talent and a disgusting human being.
    tulip, Sassiness and Lalasnake like this.

Someone said on Twitter this morning, "On behalf of the entire LGBTQ community - FUCK YOU".
    idunno, gas_chick, BITTER and 8 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information