Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson is banned from working with major magazines

Default Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson is banned from working with major magazines

Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson has been banned from working with several major fashion magazines amid resurfacing sexual harassment claims.

Vogue, GQ and Vanity Fair are among those who were told to 'kill' any scheduled shoots with the snapper by parent group Condé Nast International.

Richardson has been the subject of widespread allegations of sexually abusing models over his lengthy career -- accusations he has constantly denied.

The 52-year-old New Yorker is known for incorporating explicit themes into his shoots, and directed the sexually-charged music video to Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus - which she later said she regrets.

According to the Daily Telegraph, an email was circulated among staff of Condé Nast International after an article in a Sunday newspaper questioned the photographer's past.

The email, sent by the firm's executive vice president James Woolhouse, said future articles with Richardson should be 'killed or substituted with other material'.

He wrote: 'I am writing to you on an important matter. Condé Nast would like to no longer work with the photographer Terry Richardson.

'Please could you confirm that this policy will be actioned in your market effective immediately. Thank you for your support in this matter.'

Richardson's contract arrangements with Conde Nast had been in discussion for several months - but after an article was posted that questioned why he was still being 'feted by fashionistas' ties were officially cut.

Allegations of sexual misconduct against Richardson have resurfaced in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. However, there have been no new claims made against him.

Weinstein brought sexual harassment in the work place back to the forefront after the New York Times published an investigation into sexual assault claims against him.

The disgraced Hollywood mogul is now facing multiple accusations of sexual assault and harassment from more than 40 woman including actress Gwyneth Paltrow.

On Friday, Richardson addressed allegations directed at him in recent days in a blog published on Huffington Post.

He wrote: 'I collaborated with consenting adult women who were fully aware of the nature of the work, and as is typical with any project, everyone signed releases.

'I have never used an offer of work or a threat of rebuke to coerce someone into something that they did not want to do.
    'I give everyone that I work with enough respect to view them as having ownership of their free will and making their decisions accordingly, and as such, it has been difficult to see myself as a target of revisionist history.'

Richardson, who has worked with some of the biggest names in the music and fashion industry, including Beyonce and Lady Gaga, but also Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford, often appeared in his own work.

He is also known to have a close relationship with Edward Enninful, the editor of British Vogue, who he was pictured arm-in-arm with last month at New York Fashion Week.

Figures from within the modelling industry, including former i-D editor Caryn Franklin, said Richardson's behaviour has become an 'open secret'.

While several models have condemned his conduct during shoots, others, including Daisy Lowe and Noot Seear, have previously come to his defence.

In 2014, Vogue US made it clear they would no longer work Richardson.

'The last assignment Terry Richardson had for US Vogue appeared in the July 2010 issue and we have no plans to work with him in the future,' a statement said at the time.

MailOnline has contacted Richardson's representatives for comment.
    Wisher, Serendipity, Janus and 2 others like this.

I thought he was already banned from a number of magazines. Are these ones new?
    Wisher and Janus like this.

Hasn't he always had a reputation for being a perv? Why ban him now, what's changed?

OCD

“Now that money is at stake and people are taking perverts and rapists seriously, we can no longer make money off this pervert. We’re ditching him for PR reasons effective immediately.”
    Trixie, redcat, sprynkles and 32 others like this.

Too bad nobody was taking them seriously before.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    “Now that money is at stake and people are taking perverts and rapists seriously, we can no longer make money off this pervert. We’re ditching him for PR reasons effective immediately.”
    Exactly. They're being proactive!
    OCD, Janus and Wisher like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Dude should be banned from life.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Too bad nobody was taking them seriously before.

It's not "too bad" but downright pitiful that his behaviour was swept under a rug for far too long.

About fukin time I'd say.
    Ban the rest of them. Male and female predators.
    Accountability baby... fukin accountability !!!

my rant for today
    Janus, Wisher, Honeythorn and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    It's not "too bad" but downright pitiful that his behaviour was swept under a rug for far too long.

About fukin time I'd say.
    Ban the rest of them. Male and female predators.
    Accountability baby... fukin accountability !!!
    my rant for today
    It is the rant of all of us. except maybe Lohan, I see her defending this dipshit as well. It is years and years overdue.
    Janus, Wisher, Honeythorn and 3 others like this.

Funny how all of these magazines, production companies, academies, and the like are just now finding out what all of us on a gossip board have known for about a decade!
    Trixie, Kittylady, Nevan and 10 others like this.

It just blows me away that a guy who looks like the uncle who is not allowed at the family reunion was being treated as someone at the pinnacle of this profession.
    Kittylady, Nevan, Wisher and 4 others like this.

I want to say it's about fucking time, but they really took too long to do this!

About time, he is disgusting.
    Wisher, fgg and rollo like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I hope they don't take this long to impeach cheeto.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

The worst part of this preemptive strike is that it proves they knew all along about his creepy behaviour. They just didn't bother to do something until it threatened the bottom line.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information