Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Ben Affleck apologizes for groping actress

Default Ben Affleck apologizes for groping actress

Ben Affleck apologizes for groping actress Hilarie Burton

By Sasha Savitsky, Fox News

Hilarie Burton groped by Ben Affleck on TRL: 'I was a kid'

Actress Hilarie Burton is claiming Ben Affleck grabbed her breast during a 2003 'TRL' appearance, hours after Affleck condemns similar behavior by Harvey Weinstein.

Ben Affleck apologized to actress Hilarie Burton for groping her during an appearance on "TRL" in 2003.
    "I acted inappropriately toward Ms. Burton and I sincerely apologize," Affleck tweeted Wednesday.

Follow

Ben Affleck
    @BenAffleck

I acted inappropriately toward Ms. Burton and I sincerely apologize
    1:26 PM - Oct 11, 2017

Ben Affleck has been accused of groping actress Hilarie Burton during an appearance on "TRL" in 2003. (Reuters)

The actor was accused of groping Burton on Tuesday, hours after said he was "saddened and angry" over allegations that Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein raped and sexually harassed women over decades.
    Affleck wrote Tuesday that the news about the man who helped create his career "made me sick" and that we must "condemn this type of behavior when we see it."
    A fan then accused Affleck of similar behavior tweeting, "[Affleck] also grabbed Hilarie Burton's breasts on TRL once. Everyone forgot though."
    23h
    Shanice Brim @ShaniceBrim

Replying to @naimaism
    He also grabbed Hilarie Burton's breasts on TRL once. Everyone forgot though.

Follow

Hilarie Burton
    @HilarieBurton

I didn't forget.
    7:45 PM - Oct 10, 2017

Burton chimed in tweeting, "I didn't forget." Her husband, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, played the father of Ben Affleck's character in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."
    The fan wrote back, "I’m so sorry that happened to you. It’s infuriating that people never bring up all the gross, predatory things he's done."
    Burton thanked the fan for speaking up adding "I was a kid" when Affleck grabbed her breast during a 2003 "TRL" appearance.
    19h

Replying to @HilarieBurton
    I’m so sorry that happened to you. It’s infuriating that people never bring up all the gross, predatory things he’s done.

Follow

Hilarie Burton
    @HilarieBurton

Seriously, thank you for that. I was a kid.
    9:10 PM - Oct 10, 2017

A rep for Affleck did not return Fox News' request for comment.
    Actress Rose McGowan, is among the women accusing Weinstein, also blasted Affleck calling him a liar and claiming the actor knew of Weinstein's behavior but remained silent.

McGowan was named in The New York Times initial story about Harvey Weinstein after a 1997 incident. The then 23-year-old was reportedly given an undisclosed settlement after an episode in a hotel room with Weinstein at the Sundance Film Festival. (Reuters)

"@benaffleck 'GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT' you said that to my face. The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie," McGowan tweeted.
    View image on Twitter

Follow

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

You want to play let's play #ROSEARMY
    5:40 PM - Oct 10, 2017

McGowan also called out Affleck's brother, actor Casey Affleck who has been accused of sexual assault, on Twitter Monday writing, "Ben Affleck Casey Affleck, how’s your morning boys?"

Follow

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

Ben Affleck Casey Affleck, how’s your morning boys?
    4:17 PM - Oct 9, 2017

Casey Affleck recently faced intense public scrutiny for a past civil sexual harassment lawsuit. He made headlines ealier this year after reports surfaced that two women had filed lawsuits against him for sexual assault on the set of the 2009 film "I'm Still Here." Both suits were settled out of court.

Casey Affleck made headlines earlier this year after reports of two women filing lawsuits against him for sexual assault on the set of the 2009 film "I'm Still Here." Both suits were settled out of court. (Reuters)

Casey Affleck addressed the allegations in March 2017 in a statement to the Boston Globe.
    "I believe that any kind of mistreatment of anyone for any reason is unacceptable and abhorrent, and everyone deserves to be treated with respect in the workplace and anywhere else," Affleck said. "There's really nothing I can do about it other than live my life the way I know I live it and to speak to what my own values are and how I try to live by them all the time."
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Ben Affleck apologizes for groping actress Hilarie Burton | Fox News

Last edited by twitchy2.0; October 11th, 2017 at 03:38 PM.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Affleck groped someone who is married to a guy who is paid to walk around with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.

And Ben was paid to be Batman, didn't give him super powers. JDM is just an actor playing a role.

But it's good that this is coming out. These hollywood boys from boston seem have some issues with women...
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Affleck did that on live TV? Jesus.

The stories need to keep coming out of the corners.
    Angeli likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Where's Bambi?
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I hope instead of a tweet, he actually called her in personal and apologized. I hope they all go down. I hope it's more than just shit hitting the fan. I hope this is like a fucking earthquake that rocks Hollywood and elsewhere so hard, that it changes everything forever. I hope people start coming out and naming names. You go, Rose. RoseArmy kick ass!!!
    Last edited by darksithbunny; October 12th, 2017 at 06:20 AM. Reason: double post, sorry

I hope instead of a tweet, he actually called her in personal and apologized. I hope they all go down. I hope it's more than just shit hitting the fan. I hope this is like a fucking earthquake that rocks Hollywood and elsewhere so hard, that it changes everything forever. I hope MORE people start coming out and naming names. You go, Rose. RoseArmy kick ass!!!

I still think JDM could kick some ass with or without a bat.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Ben Affleck dubbed 'Buttman' as more groping allegations emerge

12 OCTOBER 2017 2:02PMBen Affleck has become the subject of shame and mockery after more allegations of groping emerged this week. Affleck, who is about to appear as Batman for the second time in DC's big-budget superhero film Justice League, has been called "Buttman" on social media since make-up artist Annamarie Tendler became the second woman to allege that he touched her.
    Days after condemning the actions of his former colleague Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of three incidents of rape and countless accounts of sexual assault of young female stars, Affleck publicly apologised for touching actress Hilarie Burton live on camera in 2003.
    The apology came after Burton admitted that she had not forgotten the incident:

10 Oct

Replying to @naimaism
    He also grabbed Hilarie Burton's breasts on TRL once. Everyone forgot though.

Hilarie Burton
    @HilarieBurton

I didn't forget.
    7:45 PM - Oct 10, 2017

Ben Affleck
    @BenAffleck

I acted inappropriately toward Ms. Burton and I sincerely apologize
    1:26 PM - Oct 11, 2017

However, Burton's claim was followed up by Tendler, who explained that Affleck had touched her inappropriately during a Golden Globes party three years ago:

Annamarie Tendler
    @amtendler

I would also love to get an apology from Ben Affleck who grabbed my ass at a Golden Globes party in 2014.
    4:18 PM - Oct 11, 2017

Annamarie Tendler
    @amtendler

Replying to @amtendler
    He walked by me, cupped my butt and pressed his finger into my crack.
    4:21 PM - Oct 11, 2017

Annamarie Tendler
    @amtendler

Replying to @amtendler
    I guess he tried to play it like he was politely moving me out of the way and oops touched my butt instead of my lower back?
    4:23 PM - Oct 11, 2017

Annamarie Tendler
    @amtendler

Replying to @amtendler
    Like most women in these situations I didn't say anything but I have thought a lot about what I'd say if I ever saw him again.
    4:25 PM - Oct 11, 2017

Affleck is yet to respond to Tendler's claims. However, another woman, comedy writer Jen Starkey, said that "multiple women" endured similar experiences to Tendler at the same event:

Jen Statsky
    @jenstatsky

I was also at this party and *multiple* friends had this same exact experience. https://twitter.com/amtendler/status/918209320977911808
    4:39 PM - Oct 11, 2017

The revelation has caused people to joke that Affleck's actions should earn him a new nickname:

(The rest of the article is comprised of a bunch of tweets from random people.)

Source: Ben Affleck dubbed 'Buttman' as more groping allegations emerge

"If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I guess as women we just give off this vibe that we are dying for some many to grab out butt and our breasts every second of the day.
    sluce, czb, Mrs P and 6 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Why else would we even have a butt and breasts?
    gas_chick, sluce, Mrs P and 9 others like this.

2 down, how many more to go??
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

They've barely scratched the surface.

Barely groped the surface!
    gas_chick, fgg, Mrs P and 9 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I still think JDM could kick some ass with or without a bat.
    Plus Affleck's batsuit is a 200-pound prop. He wouldn't even be able to defend himself or run away while JDM was doing the fandango on him
    Kittylady and Wisher like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information