Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree2120Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Default Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

I know us GR's are all gobsmacked to hear about this:

Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Harvey Weinstein has hired a high-powered team of attorneys to push back on soon-to-be-published bombshell stories from the New York Times and the New Yorker detailing sexual allegations and improper workplace behavior against him. Some women making the charges are believed to be on the record.
    Weinstein, the indie mogul and founder of the Weinstein Company, has retained star litigator David Boies, as well as attorneys Lisa Bloom and Charles Harder in an effort to rebut the claims.
    Jodi Kantor, an investigative reporter who wrote about harsh working conditions at Amazon, is working on the story for the Times, along with Megan Twohey, who wrote a piece about Weinstein’s questionable charitable work for amfAR, a charity involved with AIDS research.
    Ronan Farrow, the former MSNBC host, is doing the story for the New Yorker, according to multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation. One individual said that at least one of the stories could be published as early as this week.
    In a brief interview on Wednesday, Weinstein declined to comment on the charges.A
    “I’ve not been aware of this,” he said. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, honestly.”

Wow...this is a textbook Trump style response.

In a brief interview on Wednesday, Weinstein declined to comment on the charges.A
    “I’ve not been aware of this,” he said. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, honestly.”

In other words, I'm guilty of everything that I'm about to accused but I'm going to keep lying until you believe my lie.
    Angeli and Janus like this.

Wonder if anyone is actually going on record about what he has done or if it will be all anonymous sources.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Lisa Bloom? Doesn't she usually represent the victims in cases like this? I guess $$ talks.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Wonder if anyone is actually going on record about what he has done or if it will be all anonymous sources.
    I didn't post the whole article, but it said (I think) there would be multiple people on the record.
    gas_chick likes this.

OCD

I wonder if this is connected to the pedo ring Corey Feldman has talked about, and was the focus of that open secret documentary?

Had to log in for this after the years of this board discussing him. According to Jodi Kantor of NY Times, "Weinstein has apologized and is taking a leave of absence from his company"....
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Sluce!!!! Good to see you!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

When I read the title I was thinking WTF? That's because I was thinking it said Harvey Fierstein.

Sluce! We missed you!

It's weird that he's finally being held accountable after all these years. They must have some damning evidence, so many powerful rich guys get away with this shit and worse forever and are never caught.

I saw that Lisa Bloom is part of his legal team???!!!?? Thought she was about supporting victims.
    sparkles likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    When I read the title I was thinking WTF? That's because I was thinking it said Harvey Fierstein.
    I used to do a Harvey Weinstein impression, with a raspy "I just want to be loved - is that so wrong?!?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Had to log in for this after the years of this board discussing him. According to Jodi Kantor of NY Times, "Weinstein has apologized and is taking a leave of absence from his company"....
    Hi, Sluce. And wow, it must be really bad if he is taking a leave of absence before the article even hits. I'm guess some excerpts will be hitting tomorrow morning.
    sluce and twitchy2.0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Lisa Bloom? Doesn't she usually represent the victims in cases like this? I guess $$ talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I saw that Lisa Bloom is part of his legal team???!!!?? Thought she was about supporting victims.
    I guess sluce has me on ignore.

or, great minds think alike.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I hope these guys(Harvey, Polanski and others) rot in hell. Here seems a bit too late and they can afford the best lawyers anyway.

Here it comes, from Daily Mail:

Harvey Weinstein asked Ashley Judd to watch him shower, stripped naked and made female employees give him massages and paid $100K to silence Rose McGowan over three DECADES of sexual harassment

Harvey Weinstein repeatedly sexually harassed a number of female employees and movie stars over the course of his three-decade career as one of Hollywood's most celebrated studio heads. A bombshell investigation by The New York Times reveals that Weinstein once asked Ashley Judd if she would like to watch him shower during a meeting in his room at the Peninsula Beverly Hills and paid $100,000 to Rose McGowan for an unknown incident shortly after she filmed her breakthrough role in the film 'Scream.' It was inside his room at the Peninsula Beverly Hills where Weinsten allegedly stripped naked and made a number of female employees give him a massage.
    bootspaige likes this.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information