Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's son claims Farrow brainwashed Dylan about sexual abuse

Default Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's son claims Farrow brainwashed Dylan about sexual abuse

Source Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's son claims mother was abusive | Daily Mail Online

'She cultivated and brainwashed me': Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's son claims that his mother was abusive and coached his sister in making a sexual abuse allegation against their father

• Moses Farrow, 39, is the adopted son of Woody Allen, 81, and Mia Farrow, 72
    • Son alleges that Mia was an abusive mother and that she brainwashed Dylan, his sister and her daughter, into believing she was sexually abused by Allen
    • Moses says in an upcoming book: 'Now that I no longer live in fear of her rejection, I am free to share how she cultivated and brainwashed me'
    • Farrow said in response: 'It’s heartbreaking and bewildering that he would make this up, perhaps to please Woody. We all miss and love him very much

Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's adopted son Moses claims Farrow was abusive and instructed her daughter, Dylan, in how to accuse Allen of sexual abuse.
    The shocking allegations made by the former couple's adopted son, Moses Farrow, will appear in a new book written by Eric Lax, reports the New York Times, which has seen an excerpt of the as-yet unreleased book. Lax is a friend of Allen's.
    In the book, Moses claims Mia coached Dylan to accuse Allen, according to the Times.
    Moses, 39, is also quoted as saying: 'Now that I no longer live in fear of her rejection, I am free to share how she cultivated and brainwashed me.'
    He alleges that the Rosemary's Baby actress hit him on multiple occasions.
    This is not the first time Moses has publicly made such allegations, but the book apparently provides more details of his claims.
    In a statement written in response, Farrow, 72, said: 'Moses has cut off his entire family including his ex-wife who was pregnant when he left.
    'It’s heartbreaking and bewildering that he would make this up, perhaps to please Woody. We all miss and love him very much.'

Allen and Farrow had a 12-year relationship, from roughly 1980 to 1992, that ended after he had an affair with Farrow's adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn, who is 35 years younger than him. In 1997 Allen, now 81, and Previn, now 46, were married.
    Allen has been accused of sexual assault by his adopted daughter, Dylan, now 32. The allegations first came to light in 1993 and resurfaced after her account of the alleged assault was published by the New York Times on February 1, 2014.

She wrote: 'When I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house.
    'He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies.'
    Woody Allen has denied the alleged assault and has not been prosecuted for it.

In 1993, Farrow won custody of the couple's three children: Dylan, Moses and Ronan, now 29.
    Allen was denied all visitation rights with Dylan.
    The New York Times notes that the case's judge declared Allen to be 'self-absorbed, untrustworthy and insensitive.'

Eric Lax has written a book, 'Start to Finish: Woody Allen and the Art of Moviemaking,' in which the allegations by Moses appear
    After the Times's publication of Dylan's account, Moses gave an interview to People in which he denied his adopted sister's allegations. The interview was published four days after her account.
    'Of course Woody did not molest my sister... I don't know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother,' he said.
    He added: 'My mother drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister.'
    Dylan issued a response denying that she had been coached by Farrow. She said: 'This is such a betrayal to me and my whole family.'
    Lax's book, 'Start to Finish: Woody Allen and the Art of Moviemaking,' is being released by Knopf in Tuesday.
    Last edited by RobbieLee; September 30th, 2017 at 04:51 AM.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

I can't stand either of them. Woody is an asshole and Mia is a fake saint. They're both creeps.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Why is he dragging all this up again in another book? Does it cover why he allegedly left his pregnant wife?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Well apparently Moses has been siding with Allen for a while, but yeah this seems like a campaign along side the publication of that book to improve Allen's image. Still it's interesting that Farrow on her part chooses to attack /discredit her own son personally by pointing at his divorce.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

They're both lunatics. Woody was very inappropriate with Dylan from everything I've read and that has been admitted to by all involved.

But: If Mia had drop-kicked his ass into next week and never looked back after the first time he did something creepy with one of these kids (or hell, just the first time he cheated) then nothing else Woody has been accused of would have happened to them!

Oh, He's a creep who has acted horribly inappropriate with at least one of my kids? Let me just stick with him and keep adding kids. I'm sure he won't do anything else (like start a romantic/sexual relationship with one of my underage daughters).
    HWBL, LaFolie, Janus and 6 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

If anything, this proves that Mia has collected more children than she can care for.
    HWBL, Janus, Angeli and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    They're both lunatics. Woody was very inappropriate with Dylan from everything I've read and that has been admitted to by all involved.
    Oh, He's a creep who has acted horribly inappropriate with at least one of my kids? Let me just stick with him and keep adding kids. I'm sure he won't do anything else (like start a romantic/sexual relationship with one of my underage daughters).
    Well, she acted in his movies, he made her career. I think that was a reason for her to stay with him. I remember reading about the endless therapy hours she used to discipline her children, if a child did something wrong, it had to go and talk about it with the family therapist for hours. That's what Central-Park-Appartement-People do when they abuse their children.

Bronze Member

Moses was a photographer for a while, a career that was bankrolled by Woody.
    Janus likes this.

Elite Member

It's really an incredibly sad, complicated situation and the ones who have paid for all the adult misdeeds and mistakes are the kids. They are monumentally fucked up. Parenting at its worst.
    HWBL, idunno, Wisher and 3 others like this.

Elite Member

I think that Woody is an ass and assaulted his children I worry about his girls with Soon-Yi deeply. I think Mia is a narcissistic bitch though that likely had her own brand of abuse. Theere wasn't a good parent.
    HWBL, idunno, Wisher and 4 others like this.

Silver Member

I have no idea about the WA/MF situation, so sorry if I say something wrong, I'm just going off what this guy is saying please correct me if I got something wrong.

Parents who are divorced/divorcing and are currently playing their children against their other parent, or have won custody/partial custody who shit talk the other parent constantly should pay attention to this. This is what you're going to end up with.

I have no idea whether WA is innocent or not, but I'm always absolutely amazed by people who state with absolute certainty that something happened or didn't happen, but they were not actually. I mean in these incidents, allegedly only 2 people were there, and he wasn't one of them, so how the fuck does he know what happened or no?

Also what does he mean 'cultivated and brainwashed'? If he's just talking about MF vs. WA well OK but this isn't really anyone's business (separated parent infighting), but if he means she instilled her beliefs and values into him, then that's what all parents do. You are largely a product of your culture and environment. At some point you think it over and define your own set of values and beliefs, which may or may not align all or in part with your parents. If that's the case, just seems like Moses is a late bloomer.
    Angeli likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Sorry for it being just a link but I have to post and run. Nobody will be surprised by this.

Woody Allen's private notes show obsession with teen girls | Daily Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Alec Baldwin Compares Dylan Farrow to Character Who Lied About Her Rape in 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

2:14 PM PST 1/28/2018 by Ryan Parker
    Getty Images
    Alec Baldwin

Previously, the actor called the allegations “unfair and sad" while standing up for the embattled director.

Alec Baldwin on Sunday continued to defend embattled director Woody Allen, who has been dogged by sexual abuse claims against him by adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow.

Previously, Baldwin called her allegations “unfair and sad.” On Sunday, he took it a step further and compared Dylan Farrow to Mayella Ewell, the character in the classic "To Kill a Mockingbird," who falsely accuses an African American man of rape.

"[One] of the most effective things Dylan Farrow has in her arsenal is the 'persistence of emotion,'" Baldwin tweeted. "Like Mayella in ["To Kill a Mockingbird"], her tears/exhortations [are] meant [to] shame u [into] belief in her story. But I need more than that before I destroy [someone], regardless of their fame. I need a lot more."

Baldwin followed that tweeted shortly after with: "To say that @RealDylanFarrow is telling the truth is to say that (brother) @MosesFarrow is lying. Which of Mia’s kids got the honesty gene and which did not?" He also shared a Sunday New York Times piece that discussed whether Allen would work in the business again.

Moses Farrow claims the abuse allegations are false. Allen has always maintained his innocence and said the story of abuse was ingrained in Dylan's mind by his ex-wife, Mia Farrow.

In a series of tweets posted Tuesday, Baldwin praised the director and also cast doubt on Farrow's allegations.

“Woody Allen was investigated forensically by two states (NY and CT) and no charges were filed. The renunciation of him and his work, no doubt, has some purpose. But it’s unfair and sad to me. I worked with WA 3 times and it was one of the privileges of my career,” Baldwin wrote.

Allegations against Allen again resurfaced due to the #MeToo movement and Time's Up initiative.

Actors Timothee Chalamet and Rebecca Hall pledged to donate their salaries from their work on Allen films to charity in light of the re-emergence of sexual abuse claims.

Baldwin previous stated, in his opinion, sexual abuse complaints should never be dismissed, but he says accusations should also be “treated carefully.”

“Is it possible to support survivors of pedophilia and sexual assault/abuse and also believe that WA is innocent? I think so,” Baldwin tweeted. “The intention is not to dismiss or ignore such complaints. But accusing ppl of such crimes should be treated carefully. On behalf of the victims, as well.”

ABFoundation
    @ABFalecbaldwin

1 of the most effective things Dylan Farrow has in her arsenal is the “persistence of emotion.” Like Mayella in TKAM, her tears/exhortations r meant 2 shame u in2 belief in her story.
    But I need more than that before I destroy some1, regardless of their fame.
    I need a lot more.
    3:37 PM - Jan 28, 2018

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...edium=referral
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It is so hard to hear someone deny the allegations of someone who has been repeating the same story her entire life. She didn't wake up one day and remember abuse, she recanted the same stories as a child, as she was experiencing these things. I find it hard to believe Dylan's mother was so pervasive, persuasive, dominant, etc, in that she could completely re-write history in not only the child's mind, but in the mind of the adult Dylan grew into.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Elite Member

It's creepy how invested Alec Baldwin is in Allen's incest allegations. He wasn't present in the Allen home, is this really the hill he want to die on?

Meanwhile, the rest of Hollywood seems to be fed up with the creep.

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/27/woody...ium=SocialFlow
    Hollywood finally disowns Woody Allen

The sun may be setting on “A Rainy Day in New York” — before the Woody Allen movie ever even sees the light of day.

Sources tell The Post that the film, which is due to be distributed by Amazon later this year, may not make it to the screen.

“‘Rainy Day’ will either not come out or [will] get dumped by Amazon without any p.r. or theatrical release,” said one film-industry executive.

Representatives for Amazon did not return requests for comment.

The one thing Allen has always had going for him — his ability to attract Hollywood’s brightest and best names — might be over.

According to the executive, “He’s having trouble casting his new film.”

This comes on the heels of the news that stars who have worked with the director are now disavowing him and donating their earnings from his movies to charity.

Ever since Dylan Farrow, his adoptive daughter with former girlfriend Mia Farrow, accused her father of having molested her in 1992, when she was 7 years old, A-listers have continued to work with the director. Allen has denied the allegations and in 1993 a court found “no credible evidence” to support the girl’s claims.

Complicating matters even more was the fact that, around the same time, Allen had an affair with Mia’s adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn, then 19 years old, who would later become his wife.

But in the #MeToo age — which broke out after Allen’s son, Ronan, helped expose movie mogul Harvey Weinstein as a sexual predator in the New Yorker this past October — there’s no ignoring the situation. Stars are now forced to declare whether they stand with Allen or against him. And those who don’t choose a side risk being publicly shamed.

Several of the stars of “Rainy Day” have broken with Allen. Timothée Chalamet announced that he will donate his salary from the movie to charities for victims of assault. Co-star Selena Gomez is reportedly donating her payment to #TimesUp, as is Rebecca Hall, who has acted in two of the director’s works.

Meanwhile, Greta Gerwig (“To Rome With Love”), Colin Firth (“Magic in the Moonlight”), Chloë Sevigny (“Melinda and Melinda”), Rachel Brosnahan (“Crisis in Six Scenes”), Ellen Page (“To Rome With Love”) and David Krumholtz (“Wonder Wheel”) have all recently expressed regret about having worked with Allen. Earlier this month, Mira Sorvino, who won an Oscar for the director’s “Mighty Aphrodite” in 1996, wrote an open letter to Dylan saying she was “terribly sorry” for having worked with him.

Some are skeptical, however. A studio head told The Post, “How convenient for their conscience, now that it’s cool [to speak out].”

Meanwhile, Dylan has been beating the drum and calling out Hollywood — including Justin Timberlake, who co-starred in Allen’s “Wonder Wheel” in 2017, but also wore a #TimesUp pin to this month’s Golden Globes — for hypocrisy.

On Tuesday, she tweeted her message to the singer, who has a very public month ahead of him with an upcoming Super Bowl LII halftime performance and the release of his new album: “You can’t support #TIMESUP and praise sexual predators at the same time. You can’t retain your credibility as an activist . . . and, at the same time, praise a sexual predator.”

For decades, Allen — who has made nearly 50 films — has had a reputation for providing actors with Oscar bait. In addition to Sorvino, Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine”), Penélope Cruz (“Vicky Cristina Barcelona”), Michael Caine (“Hannah and Her Sisters”) and Diane Keaton (“Annie Hall”), among others, have won Academy Awards for their performances in his movies.

But these days, Hollywood cannot afford to be associated with an accused predator — even if it was willing to do so a year ago.

“Now, if a woman says [abuse] happened, it happened,” said one Tinseltown publicist. “After #MeToo, it’s utterly different circumstances. Actors don’t want their careers tarnished.”

The reasons why they’re denouncing him are a mixed bag. For some, it appears to be sincere regret and disgust — even if it took hearing from Dylan herself on “CBS This Morning” on Jan. 18, when she graphically detailed what happened during the alleged assault.

“[Her story was] beyond creepy,” said one actress who has auditioned for Allen in the past.

For others, it’s driven by peer pressure or the desire to align themselves with the woke #TimesUp movement.

“But where were these champions before [last] October?” the studio head asked. “It’s pathetic that it took the #MeToo movement for these actors to grow a pair of balls. It’s embarrassing that Allen’s been revered by Hollywood for years and constantly nominated for awards. Same with Roman Polanski [the director who pled guilty to unlawful intercourse with a 13-year-old girl in 1977, then fled the US for France to avoid extradition].”

And still for others, it’s a shrewd business move. The publicist admits that donating earnings to an appropriate charity looks good for the celebrities.

Then there are the actors who have chosen to stay mum on the subject or given vague, neutral quotes about it.

The New York Post reached out to other stars in “Rainy Day” about their positions, but reps for Liev Schreiber, Jude Law, Cherry Jones and Elle Fanning did not respond. They join the silent ranks of past Allen stars such as Cruz, Caine, Meryl Streep, Anjelica Huston, Sean Penn, Emma Stone and Steve Carell.

In 2014, Blanchett said in response to Dylan’s letter, “It’s obviously been a long and painful situation for the family, and I hope they find some resolution and peace.” She’s been quiet since.

Kate Winslet — who condemned Weinstein, whom she has worked with, but who starred in Allen’s “Wonder Wheel” as well as Polanski’s 2011 movie “Carnage” — told the New York Times that “as the actor . . . you just have to step away and say, ‘I don’t know anything, really, and whether any of it is true or false.’ ”

Some stars have spoken up in Allen’s defense in the past, but chosen to stay quiet about it more recently. Back in 2014, after Dylan penned an open letter accusing her estranged father of abuse, Scarlett Johansson — who has starred in three of Allen’s movies — called the cries against him “irresponsible.” (This from the same woman who, at last weekend’s Women’s March in Los Angeles, called out actor and accused sexual harasser James Franco as a hypocrite for also having worn a #TimesUp pin to the Golden Globes.)

So which is the smarter career move — to be quiet and hope it blows over, or to speak out?

“You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t,” said one Hollywood agent. “Maybe saying nothing is the best thing. After all, is Cate Blanchett supposed to give back her Oscar?”

One insider points out that shaming actors may have uneven results.

“Name-calling Cate Blanchett or Penélope Cruz isn’t going to hurt their careers at this point,” said one awards campaigner. “It’s the younger actors who need to be scared.” Some speculate that millennial audiences have a high expectation of social consciousness from screen stars of their generation, such as Chalamet and Gomez.
    As for older actors, some are steadfastly standing by Allen in light of his denials. Diane Keaton, who has appeared in eight Allen films and dated the director in the 1970s, commented, “I believe my friend.”

Alec Baldwin, who has worked with Allen three times, tweeted this month that “The renunciation of him and his work, no doubt, has some purpose. But it’s unfair and sad to me.”

He’s not alone in feeling this way. Several powerful Hollywood insiders told The Post they’re uncomfortable with the family history surrounding the allegations.

“If there was another accuser, there might be something to this,” said the publicist. “But there hasn’t been one. And Leslee Dart [Allen’s longtime rep and co-owner of p.r. agency 42 West] is not someone who’d defend a predator. And let’s face it — Mia Farrow is unhinged.”

Requests to interview Dylan and Ronan for this story went unanswered, as did a request to speak with Mia and Allen’s adopted son Moses, who claims that Mia was an abusive mother and who sides with his father.

“It’s like ‘The Crucible,’ ” said one entertainment exec of Hollywood’s recent Allen condemnation. “There’s never been any proof to [Dylan’s] claims. It was Mia’s fantasy created to avenge his cheating on her.”

Said a marketing exec, “Nobody comes off unscathed in this family minefield. And there’s no one to support.”

Insiders predict that, even if “A Rainy Day in New York” ever sees the light of day, none of its actors will even support their own work.

“There will be no premiere, no print or TV ads, no interviews. No one will promote it,” said a movie distribution executive.

“I wonder if it will even make Cannes?” speculated a film festival insider of the May event. “The French love him and don’t care about sex scandals. [Actresses Brigitte Bardot and Catherine Deneuve have scoffed at the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements.] But Amazon does. Jeff Bezos is not dumb.”

Allen can always go back to his old way of making movies — rather than raising production funds from Amazon or a traditional studio, he used to have his producer and sister, Letty Aronson, collect financial support from wealthy individuals in Europe.

“He will keep on making films, maybe in Europe, maybe with unknowns,” said another Hollywood insider of the director, whose films have never been big moneymakers. (His highest grossing is 2011’s “Midnight in Paris,” which earned nearly $57 million domestically.)

The distribution exec has one idea for Allen: “Maybe he should make a horror film. Because that’s exactly what this is.”
    Waterslide and crayzeehappee like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information