Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By Brookie
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 4 Post By SHELLEE

Thread: Stuntwoman Dies on Set of Deadpool 2

Default Stuntwoman Dies on Set of Deadpool 2

Female Stunt Driver Dies on Set of Deadpool 2 During Motorcycle Stunt

The driver is thought to be the stunt double for Zazie Beetz. A woman donning the costume for the mutant Domino, whom Beetz plays in the film, was spotted on a black Ducati motorcycle in the area for a sequence days earlier.

Today, we tragically lost a member of our crew while filming Deadpool,” the film’s star, Ryan Reynolds tweeted. “We’re heartbroken, shocked and devastated… but recognize nothing can come close to the grief and inexplicable pain her family and loved ones must feel in this moment. My heart pours out to them — along with each and every person she touched in this world.”
    View image on Twitter

“I’m deeply saddened by the loss of one of our stunt performers today,” Deadpool 2 director David Leitch said in a statement to PEOPLE. “No words can express how I and the rest of the Deadpool 2 crew feel about this tragedy. Our thoughts are with her family, friends and loves ones in this difficult time.”

This was the stunt driver’s first film as a stunt performer, according to Deadline, which reported that she was a motorcross expert and was not wearing a helmet during the scene because her character does not wear a helmet.

“We are deeply saddened by the accident that occurred on the set of Deadpool 2 this morning,” 20th Century Fox said in a statement. “Our hearts and prayers are with the family, friends and colleagues of our crew member during this difficult time.”
    The Vancouver Sun reported that the accident occurred just after 8 a.m. on Monday. Witnesses told the outlet that the woman lost control of her bike during a stunt, jumped a curb and crashed through a plate-glass window at Shaw Tower. She was reportedly treated by ambulance personnel but police said she died at the scene.

According to Metro News, the stunt driver narrowly missed hitting two pedestrians when she lost control of the bike.

An eye witness told the outlet that the stunt driver completed several rehearsals of the stunt, which involved driving a motorcycle down two ramps across several stairs, earlier that morning.

“She came out, went down the two flights of stairs, and it looked like she kind of hit the throttle because she picked up speed,” Nathan Kramchynski told Metro News.

“She was going full throttle,” he added, noting that it appeared as if the driver “missed two pedestrians” during the failed stunt.

CTV News reported that the lights and sirens of the ambulance were not turned on as it pulled away with the stuntwoman onboard.

Follow

Ben Miljure @CTVNewsBen

Stunt person hurt on set of Deadpool 2 loaded into Advanced Life Support ambulance that hasn't moved. Anxious crew looking on. @CTVVancouver

View image on Twitter

Follow

Ben Miljure @CTVNewsBen

Ambulance has left set of Deadpool 2 with injured stunt person. Lights and sirens were not on as it pulled away. @CTVVancouver
    12:27 PM - Aug 14, 2017

Reynolds, who’s reprising his role as Deadpool in the sequel, tweeted a photo with members of the Vancouver Police Department last week, jokingly thanking them for their support in filming Spider-Man.

View image on Twitter

Follow

Ryan Reynolds
    @VancityReynolds

Thank you #VPD. And the great people of Vancouver for putting up with road closures and traffic delays as we film Spider-Man downtown.
    6:30 PM - Aug 8, 2017

Just last month, John Bernecker, a stuntman on The Walking Dead, died after sustaining “serious injuries” on the AMC drama’s Georgia set.
    Last edited by CornFlakegrl; August 14th, 2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: New Post Edit Feature Sucks
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Stuntwoman Killed on Deadpool 2 Motorcycle Crash Identified as Joi 'SJ' Harris, First African-American Female Road Racer

BY MIKE MILLER
    POSTED ON AUGUST 14, 2017 AT 8:48PM EDT

The stuntwoman who died on the set of Deadpool 2 Monday has been identified.
    Joi “SJ” Harris, who billed herself as the first African-American female road racer, died while performing a motorcycle stunt in Vancouver, Canada, PEOPLE confirmed.
    The Brooklyn, New York native was an advocate for women of color in the road racing game, and promoted herself as “the first licensed African American women in U.S. history to actively compete in sanctioned motorcycle road racing events.”
    The video below, posted to her website, shows her first ever race crash.
    On Friday, Harris updated her Facebook with a selfie, writing, “EVERYTHING FOR A REASON. #staythecourse.”
    Harris is thought to be the stunt double for Zazie Beetz. A woman donning the costume for the mutant Domino, whom Beetz plays in the film, was spotted on a black Ducati motorcycle in the area for a sequence days earlier.

Pictures at source: Stuntwoman Killed on Deadpool 2*Motorcycle Crash Identified as Joi 'SJ' Harris, First African-American Female Road Racer
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Very sad. I know they know the risks but damn.
    Wisher and Lalasnake like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Damn.
    Wisher likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Silver Member

Very sad, RIP
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

RIP. Not sure if it was rehearsals or they were doing take after take. I read 4 takes and then she died the fifth time. How many takes do dangerous stunts need? Also, I get that her character doesn't wear a helmet but maybe she could have survived this. Very sad.

Last edited by rollo; August 17th, 2017 at 02:05 AM.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Sad, such a waste of a life.

The road she was on has claimed another live the previous day when a tour bus slammed into a car. People are calling Canada Way hexed.
    One person thinks this particular accident is weather related because we've had weeks of extreme hot and dry weather, then a sprinkling of rain the night before this happened.
    I'm not sure but regardless, a its very tragic loss.

Wondering if her throttle jammed.....such a tragic waste..
    Jack I swear.

LESS than a week after stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris died on the set of Deadpool 2, details surrounding her tragic death have emerged.

The 32-year-old stuntwoman died after a motorcycle she was driving smashed through the windows of Vancouver’s Shaw Tower.
    A preliminary investigation into the fatal crash, first published by Deadline, seems to suggest Harris’ accident was a freak event considering the stunt was low-speed and she ad already performed it five times

According to the report, Harris was supposed to drive the motorcycle, a Dictate 939 Hyperstrada, “out of the open doors of a building, across a concrete pad and down a ramp that had been built over three stairs and coming to a stop on the stair landing”.
    Deadpool 2: Stuntwoman Joi ?SJ? Harris died from freak low-speed accident

That's so sad, tragic. I was surprised to read that she performed this stunt 5 times

How bad does the director or whomever feel for saying "one more take!"
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information