Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Justin Bieber banned from China in order to 'purify' nation

Default Justin Bieber banned from China in order to 'purify' nation

Justin Bieber banned from China in order to 'purify' nation

Justin Bieber performs in China in 2013, but is now banned from the countryCREDIT:REUTERS/STRINGER/FILE PHOTO

21 JULY 2017 10:41AMCanadian pipsqueak Justin Bieber may have successfully turned around his reputation by staying out of the headlines and converting millions of cynical pop fans by releasing uncomfortably decent music, but his good behaviour tour hasn't yet worked on the Chinese government, who have banned the star from performing in the country.
    When a Chinese Bieber fan contacted the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Culture to ask why her idol hasn't been seen in the country for several years, despite scheduling dates in nearby Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the Philippines on the Asian leg of his latest world tour, they were met with a friendly if firm response.

CREDIT: SAMIR HUSSEIN/SAMIR HUSSEIN/REDFERNS

"Justin Bieber is a gifted singer, but he is also a controversial young foreign singer," the bureau told the fan in a statement. "In order to maintain order in the Chinese market and purify the Chinese performance environment, it is not suitable to bring in badly behaved entertainers.

"We hope that as Justin Bieber matures, he can continue to improve his own words and actions, and truly become a singer beloved by the public."

Bieber is carried up the Great Wall of China by his minions in 2013 CREDIT: TWITTER

Bieber's bad behaviour in the USA, which included an arrest for drunk driving and a strange incident in which he urinated in a janitor's bucket and yelled "F--- Bill Clinton!" at a portrait of the former president, didn't result in much diplomatic intervention, but his offensive behaviour during his last Chinese tour created national outrage in the country.

Along with being carried up the Great Wall of China by his bodyguards (an image of which resulted in a bombardment of international mockery), Bieber was also filmed skateboarding through the streets of Beijing while being pursued by his entourage.

Bieber joins fellow music acts including Oasis and Lady Gaga in being banned from touring in the country for being "unsuitable".
    Gaga has in fact been banned twice from the nation. Her music was placed on a government blacklist in 2011 for its "vulgar lyrics", before the ban was lifted in 2014. Unfortunately, her ban was reinstated less than two years later, reportedly after she controversially met with the Dalai Lama.
    source: Justin Bieber banned from China in order to 'purify' nation
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I want to ban Bieber too but just cause he annoys me.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

I think the whole world needs purifying from this twit.
    Mrs P, spiderpig and Mivvi21 like this.

Honest question, does he still put out music or does he just tour now? Does he have new fans or are they just the old ones all growed up?

Also, he has US citizenship, so we'll never get to ban him. Meanwhile, in Syria...

ETA - never mind the first part. I seem to remember hearing him on the radio recently with a new song. I wish I didn't remember that.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Why is purify in quotes in the article title?

One country at a time. The little shit needs to be bought down a notch or two.
    Mrs P likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Why is purify in quotes in the article title?
    It was like that when I got here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I could do with a little purification myself. The Kardashians-Jenners, the Hadids, Beyonce, reality shows, Jul (France's best-selling rapper... I dare you to google that shit!!)...
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Honest question, does he still put out music or does he just tour now? Does he have new fans or are they just the old ones all growed up?

Also, he has US citizenship, so we'll never get to ban him. Meanwhile, in Syria...

ETA - never mind the first part. I seem to remember hearing him on the radio recently with a new song. I wish I didn't remember that.
    There were two recent songs that I Soundhounded in the car and was shocked to see they were Beiber songs. I even downloaded them and added them to my playlist. But he's doing what he should have been advised all along to do .... not to make your celebrity about bullshit tantrums and mega speeding through suburban neighborhoods. It should be about his music. He's a musician (cough, gag, that was hard to swallow). Make music.
    llamamama likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

For you foodies out there, Anthony Bourdain did a lot to redeem his own bad-boy image by publicly taking Beeb to the woodshed over disrespecting kitchen workers when the little creep peed in a janitorial bucket while leaving a restaurant through the kitchen.

Unless he personally brings about world peace or finds a cure for cancer, I will never tolerate the undisciplined little twit.

I happen to really like his new music, in spite of the fact it's the Biebs. Some of the songs are collaborations and he just sings the chorus, but I even like those. He even sings in Spanish in Despacito, and he's pretty good! (I do like the original better though).
    rollo likes this.

His new music is good. He's probably still a twit.
    Wisher and sputnik like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I don't think he'll be banned for ever.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

He needs to go back to Canada, get off the pap radar and try to have a normal existence for a while. Oh and detox if rumors are true.

I feel sorry for his truck incident today. Huge tires and he probably didn't see how close the guy was. I would go pink hair/umbrella crazy if I had that many creeps flashing lights at me and following me 24/7.

Bieber, feelings hurt from China ban, cancels tour
    Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    He needs to go back to Canada,
    oh, hell no.
    schism likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information