Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington, 41, Found Dead of Apparent Suicide: Report

Default Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington, 41, Found Dead of Apparent Suicide: Report

Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington, 41, Found Dead of Apparent Suicide: Report

BY JORDAN RUNTAGH@JORDANRUNTAGH AND JEFF NELSON@NELSON_JEFFPOSTED ON JULY 20, 2017 AT 2:25PM EDT

GREGG DEGUIRE/WIREIMAGEChester Bennington, lead singer of the band Linkin Park, has committed suicide by hanging, TMZ reports. He was 41 years old. Law enforcement officials tell the outlet that his body was found just before 9 a.m. on Thursday in a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates, a district of Los Angeles Country.
    The rock frontman was a close friend of Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell—who also committed suicide by hanging in May—and spoke at his funeral. Bennington’s body was found on what would have been Cornell’s 53rd birthday.
    Linkin Park were one of the best selling alternative rock bands of all time, scoring a string of hits including “Faint,” “In the End” and “Crawling.” Their 2000 debut Hybrid Theory has been certified diamond by the RIAA, and they famously collaborated with JAY-Z in 2004 for the genre-melding EP Collision Course.
    Bennington leaves behind six children from two marriages.
    Chester Bennington Dead: Linkin Park Frontman Commits Suicide

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

JFC. There goes another part of my misspent youth.

Rest in peace.
    weathered1 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm just gasping
    I would have NEVER seen or expected this coming

I am so ..... shocked!
    I LOVED his vocals

Damn, all these suicides are starting to creep me out. I like a few LP songs, but don't really follow them. Anyone know anything about his history? Was he depressive or on drugs or anything?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He had a world of sadness in those eyes. You can have everything and still have nothing when it comes to peace of mind, body and soul.

LINKIN PARK SINGERCOMMITS SUICIDE BY HANGING

7/20/2017 11:01 AM PDT

Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Dead, Commits Suicide by Hanging

EXCLUSIVE

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteroa," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.

Bennington was 41.

RIP
    Icepik likes this.

RIP. I loved them. Very sad.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Geez. Way too young. And six kids? Man.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I used to be a big fan of them and even saw them live. This is just really sad.

RIP.

Wow, how sad. This is shocking to me.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

im so sad.

I wasn't a fan of Linkin Park, but did appreciate his voice. On a lunch break, so could just do a brief search, but it sounds like he suffered from depression. RIP.

EDIT - also just read an article about him suffering from alcoholism in the past. https://www.thefix.com/content/linkin-park-singer-opens-about-alcoholism

I'm shocked and saddened .i was just listening to them this morning

They impressed me with their rather intelligent lyrics for a band that sounded very metallic. I just don't look for smart coupled with that sound.
    Merlot-N-Bali and weathered1 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I liked a couple of songs of theirs but I didn't really follow the band. He is just so damn young and I'm just so sad that so many people aren't getting the help they need. Such a waste of so much and I feel so bad for his family.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I am HEARTBROKEN. What is going on? So many talented people are disappearing too soon.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information